NAF Logo
leftstar May 18, 2024 - 04:39 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Hey you, guard that mumie rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
madhobbitOffline
Post subject: Handicap "I'm the greatest" vs. "In the bag  PostPosted: Mar 17, 2003 - 12:04 PM

Hi everybody,

In which order are the handicap rolls "I'm the greatest" and "In the bag" handled?? If "In the bag" prevails over "I'm the greatest" you can end up with only 10 players on the pitch. If it's the other way around you'll at least have 11 players on the pitch.

Thanks in advance,

m@hobbit.

Last edited by madhobbit on Mar 17, 2003 - 01:25 PM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 17, 2003 - 12:09 PM

United States of America
I'd go with the order in which they were rolled resolving one and then the other. Thus, the two random players refuse to play together. Then you place your eleven worst on the field.

If both "I'm the Greatest" players are in the 11 worst, then you can only have 10 players until the other team scores.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

BevanOffline
Post subject: Field 11 players  PostPosted: Mar 17, 2003 - 02:33 PM

Melifaxis wrote:
I'd go with the order in which they were rolled resolving one and then the other. Thus, the two random players refuse to play together. Then you place your eleven worst on the field.

If both "I'm the Greatest" players are in the 11 worst, then you can only have 10 players until the other team scores.

I'm sure that the event was described as requiring the 11 worst available players. So KO and injured players don't count. If two players won't go on the field together they can't both be in the available eleven. So work out which of the two is going to sit out the drive, then pick the worst 11 left.

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 18, 2003 - 04:48 AM
Da Warboss

England
LRB pg 43 does not specify any restrictions that the players chosen for these two particular results must be eligible for the match, although common sense dictates that only players that can play should count. A house rule will be needed until the BBRC can sort this out. It's worth noting that the rules say to apply the results of a roll immediately, so I'd go with Melifaxis and apply them in the order they were rolled.

NAF #60

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 18, 2003 - 05:06 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
I'd say tough - if your "I am the Greatest" players are in your worst 11, then you can only field 10 players.

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 18, 2003 - 06:42 AM

I don't know, Ian. It is 11 available, so if one of your 11 worst gets injured and the opponent scores on you, you aren't short on players. "Greatest" really isn't a very good handicap unless the team you're playing against only has 11 players or you get really lucky with the two random players effected.

-Oscar Wilde

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 18, 2003 - 07:53 AM

United States of America
The very nature of a handicap makes this seem clear to me.

The second roll should not permit you to get around the first handicap roll via a wording loophole. It's supposed to limit you - it's a handicap. Yes, you could read into it either way, but I think if you look at what effect it's supposed to have then the intended answer is clear.

Besides to have 2 handicaps you have to have a team rating of 26-50 higher than your opposition. You should still be able to play well with your worst 10 for one drive. If not, you're doing something wrong.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 18, 2003 - 08:40 AM

Melfaxis: "In the Bag" doesn't say that you have to play with your 11 worst players. It says you need to play with your 11 worst available players. If one of your 11 worst niggled out, you could field the next 11 worst. If 5 of your 11 worst were killed in a scoreless 1st half, you aren't forced to field just 6 players in the 2nd half. If 2 of the players on the worst 11 hate each other and won't take the field, you get to play one that isn't in the bottom 11.

An accepted tactic in our league when playing your 11 worst is to try and get some of them fouled off the field. It makes way for the better players, and can have some good side effects.

-Oscar Wilde

SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 18, 2003 - 09:45 AM

Canada
Skummy is right : On a 15 players rosters, you field the worst 11. You get 2 KO's that don't come back and a Badly Hurt guy, you get to field the 11 worst from the 12 still available.

That handicap roll fades out as the game progresses.

Fred

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 18, 2003 - 10:00 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
      skummy wrote:
An accepted tactic in our league when playing your 11 worst is to try and get some of them fouled off the field.

Well I've seen people try to get their worst players sent off, but never fouled off Very Happy

skummyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 18, 2003 - 10:55 AM

Okay, bad choice of diction there - sent off for fouling. Laughing

-Oscar Wilde

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 18, 2003 - 02:06 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Doubleskulls wrote:
Well I've seen people try to get their worst players sent off, but never fouled off Very Happy

Actually I saw one player use this tactic to very good purpose to get his 2 best players back in the game. But the bottom line is that in order to do this, he cleared his "bench" and in BB even the underdog can gain the upper hand quickly from some lucky injury rolls or a nice Pitch Invasion.

Galak

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic