NAF Logo
leftstar May 10, 2024 - 12:37 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Pit Trap! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
snew
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 09, 2005 - 11:08 AM

Justin knows what he's talking about. He's the mule who carted that thing from the hotel to the convention.

Reply with quote Back to top
KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 17, 2005 - 01:51 PM

Soo would plaster or paris be any lighter? I know it's a bit more fragile <and less expensive>. I'm looking at doing a Khemri Stadium and a Pro Elven Stadium, but I wouldn't want it to weigh more then about 70 or 80 pounds. Something I could wrestle into a car myself and then have someone help me unload at our weekly games.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
lawquoterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 18, 2005 - 07:45 AM

United States of America

snotsngrots wrote:
Talk to Hirst and tell them what you're doing with their molds. 2 years ago at GenCon, one of our crew showed up with a pitch using Hirst molds and dental resin. WAY to HEAVY to be really portable but cool looking tiles.

Anyway, he worked with Hirst and they made him a custom set of molds the correct size of the BB squares. If they did it before, they can do it again. They probably already have their tooling set up and just need to make a few for you.

yeah, Chris and I ordered a set together and found out that the squares were too small. Then he got them to cut a mold for the right size square. It works great, but dental plaster will be extremely heavy. I'll eventually do a dungeon for dungeon bowl out of it, but it will have to be multi part b/c it's just too heavy (right JK? Mr. Green )

The H.Arts stuff will be perfect for an astrogranite pitch, or any pitch really, and it's perfect for drybrushing your paint on the dried squares.

Justin_KaseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 18, 2005 - 11:56 AM

Damn right - heavy stuff, good for a workout though Wink

I would check an art supply store and see if they have some sort of light durable resin - it may not be as rigid, but it should be fine for a stadium.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic