NAF Logo
leftstar May 10, 2024 - 12:57 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Griff Oberwald should retire. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rabid_BogscumOffline
Post subject: Display Board/Dugout  PostPosted: Dec 29, 2005 - 12:15 AM

Australia
Hey Guys,
Wanna create a display board for a wood elf team that is also a dugout for them. The team would obviously stand at the back when on display but I wanna turn the front of the board into a laidback dugout. I.e. No bigass walls etc, but im not sure whether to mark out the sections or not or what to do it with. Obviously I dont need the front too high or it will block the team when on display. For the Casualty section I was just going to have a couple of cairns (grave mounds) with a tomb stones and maybe some stretchers lying around, the reserves bench I was just gonna have some tree stump seats and a standard looking wooden bench, while Im racking my mind for the KO section. Was thinking maybe a few hammocks tied between trees or bushes. But am after Ideas from you guys. Should I differentiate the sections with anything.. some low lying shrubs?, maybe some low lying plant overgrown and broken walls, nothing?.. do I sink the dugout?, In regard to Reserves section was kinda just after a grassy knoll with a bench on it..nice and casual like so I dont think I really wanna sink it. Im mainly after some feedback for the KO section. Any ideas would be very welcome,

Cheers,
James

Reply with quote Back to top
Trojan65Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 28, 2006 - 10:22 PM

Hey hey, how goes it? I love converting Ideas, if your doing a dug out type thing.. i got 4 ideas

1) Why not have saplings as the dug out walls, like a line of evergreens, that are all planted by the woodelves, in the rough outline of the boxes (not the coolest idea)

2) Wow, the idea's just keep coming as I sit here, why not a have a river trhough the forest as the outline for each of the 3 boxes, and bridges to the "field" as your door ways, obviously all foresty

3) Actual 3 big trees, with a rune inscibed on the trunks to symbolize what tree it is, and build platforms in the trees for your players (smaller trees through out)

4) I think this might be my favourite, i dunno if you know what a way stone is , u see em in wow all the time, its kinda celtic, it is like a stone pillar, with a small circle in near the top smoothed out and usually a shiney crystal in the middle. Why not make a circle of smaller stones (like an Native American medicine wheel structure) around the stone like aplace of worship for the elves, each of the 3 sections around the stone being each thing you need for BB. This could be done really awesome, with different coloured stones, in a sort of piece symbol outline with the stone being in the middle.

Hope these ideas help you out!

Rabid_BogscumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2006 - 12:05 AM

Australia
Mate its been a bit belated.. the ol' response wheel but those are awesome ideas.. thanks

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2006 - 10:44 AM

Canada
Not too late for me though! Wink

I make one or two new race themed boards for my tournament every year. This year is a skaven board (with my ideas also bubbling for my orc team's own stadium) but when I do get around to making a wood elf board I will certainly look you up again!

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Rabid_BogscumOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2006 - 06:14 PM

Australia
Id love to see some of your boards.. got any pictures?

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 29, 2006 - 09:01 PM

Canada
Here is a link that has some pictures from last year's tourney:

http://torch.cs.dal.ca/~pconnors/BB/Qermitt/

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic