NAF Logo
leftstar May 22, 2024 - 03:22 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Vote Varag for Warboss. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AlexBrownOffline
Post subject: Undead odds and ends.  PostPosted: Aug 01, 2008 - 04:30 AM

Looking at some of the teams that have been most successful recently, the Undead have surprised me as being right up there. To that end, I have a few questions as to how to put the team together and play it.

What are the strengths and weaknesses of the team?
I've only recently started playing (in LRB5), so was the loss of the Vampire a big deal?
How would you configure a starting team, league or no?
Why are the Undead better than the Khemri team or Necromancer teams?

Thanks,
Alex

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Undead odds and ends.  PostPosted: Aug 01, 2008 - 08:31 AM

Canada
I will try to answer your questions, but if you do a bit of research on this forum and on TalkBloodbowl you will find a lot of your answers.

1) What are the strengths and weaknesses of the team?\
-the greatest strength of the undead team is their positional players. Their players (as a team) are good at anything - the mummies are excellent blockers, the wights are great safeties, the ghouls move the ball and the zombies fill the line. While there are players on other teams which may be better at some aspects of the game, the overall combination of the team is highly effective. Couple that with the fact that most of the team can regenerate, and you have a team that is also much more survivable than most.

2) Is the loss of the vampire a big deal?
-vampires can be annoying in this version as they eat their own players. You can still get the vamp as a star player, and he is far more reliable.

3) How would you configure a league or tourney team?
There are posts about starting league and tourney teams - maybe a mod could sticky these? <hint>

4) How are the undead better than the khemri or necro teams?
-Khemri's best AG is 2 - and so picking up the ball is difficult and passing plays are out of the question! The Khemri also have the four mummies which is the main advantage of the team- they pund the other team into the ground and then make their attempts top score.
-The necro team is more cloely related to the Undead with different positionals, but they require more finesse and planning than the Undead. The Undead are pretty straightforward to play.

Hope this helps!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

AlexBrownOffline
Post subject: RE: Undead odds and ends.  PostPosted: Aug 01, 2008 - 07:08 PM

Thanks, it all makes a lot of sense.

I'll have a look around for more information.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic