NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 07:38 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Interception! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vomitbrownOffline
Post subject: Non-GW models for a Human Team  PostPosted: Sep 13, 2008 - 02:51 PM

Jacksonville,FL

Hi,
I'm a brand-new Blood Bowl player. I've gotten awfully attached to the human team included in the 3rd Edition Blood Bowl Box-Set. I'm planning on expanding on this team by adding two Blitzers, two catchers, an Ogre, and a star player. I've yet to see an auction for new human blitzer or catcher models on Ebay, so I decided to look for non-gw alternatives. I found the Heresy Deathball armored human model as a possible candidate for a Blitzer. Have any of you guys implemented them in your teams, do you think they "look good" in team composed of GW minis?
The catchers are a trickier pick. There's no Heresy models that could work as a catcher. So I'm don't really know what to do about the catchers other than wait for a auction on ebay.
I'll probably modify an ogre from the Ogre Kingdom Warhammer Fantasy army and I'll probably buy a Griff miniature from GW's store.

Nuffle bless all of you,

Reply with quote Back to top
Rick287Offline
Post subject: RE: Non-GW models for a Human Team  PostPosted: Sep 14, 2008 - 02:33 AM

There are quite a few alternatives around, but I dunno how good they'd look with the GW plastics.

Shadowforge do a human female team with catchers:

Good call on the Heresy blitzer, he's an excellent model. Heresy do a 'Deathball' Ogre that would suit the team better than a modified Fantasy one:

This guy could be used as another blitzer, though he's perhaps not armoured enough (so he could also be a receiver I guess):

All these are available from Tritex - http://www.tritex-games.co.uk, and there are also a couple of Impact models that might suit.

vomitbrownOffline
Post subject: RE: Non-GW models for a Human Team  PostPosted: Sep 17, 2008 - 03:30 AM

Jacksonville,FL

Thanks for the help.
I've already ordered the Blitzers. Smile

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic