NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 10:53 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
It's like chess only... different. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
aggraaeOffline
Post subject: Chaos Dwarf Team wip  PostPosted: Sep 27, 2008 - 12:15 PM

Sweden

Ok I started to build a chaos dwarf team last yer but wasn't satified with the models(used the new Warhammer plastic dwarf warriors and greenstuffed) Same with my Centaur, used the pony body from miners plastic sets.
They look like this

But now i have orderd some Confrontation Mid Nor dwarfs and are going to make Centaus and Dwarfs from them, Hobgoblins are from Game Zone. And my Minotaur is also from confrontation, a gobbo that have slayed a cow...a minotaur... or something ... its hard to explain so ill post a pic Wink

Well i'll post pics when my models arrive next week.

Reply with quote Back to top
Rabid_BogscumOffline
Post subject: RE: Chaos Dwarf Team wip  PostPosted: Sep 28, 2008 - 10:08 PM

Australia
that gobbo is sweet

T/O Eucalyptus Bowl
Sydney, NSW - 13th-14th July
Australasia's Major

SBGOffline
Post subject: RE: Chaos Dwarf Team wip  PostPosted: Sep 29, 2008 - 03:13 PM

Canada
Man! That mini is wickedly sweet! Can we got more specific infos on that? A number, company name? And if you don't mind, the colours used for painting it?

Thanks!

Fred

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 30, 2008 - 12:42 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
I do agree it does look very sweet!

But forget Chaos Dwarves, ............. Long live SKAVEN Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

(sorry for my being an a$$, carry on.)

Host of the Warpstone Cup, Q'ermitt Bowl & the Hope Bowl

aggraaeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 30, 2008 - 05:49 AM

Sweden

Thanks for the comments!

The goblin is from the company Rackham.http://www.rackham.fr/

The game it's used for is Confrontation (Rackham Legends) and they have really sweet models. I got mine from a Swedish model site. The Goblins/models "real" name is Becbunzen, Ströhm warrior. He's some kind of Goblin unit champion that kill animals and wear them(they also have a wolf/bear,boar and a goat)

The colors i used Razz well gonna bee a long list. Games Workshop colors and Vallejo(just red and orange)

Armour: Boltgun metal, Devlan Mud wash(2 times) then some drybrush with Boltgun metal

Skin: Start with Catachan green, wash it with Thraka Green then work it up with catachan green again. Then i mix Catachan green with rotting flesh several times until i get that kind of skin color. The copper parts Tin bits, mix with tin bitz and dwarf bronze. Work it up and finish with Dwarf Bronze

The belts: Start with snakebite leather then was it iwth watered Scorched Brown, wrk up with a mix of snakebite leather and bleached bone.

Then we have the minotaur, Fur: Start with Scorched Brown, drybrush with beastial brown, mix Bestail brown with some kind of orange(i don't know the name of the orange vallejo color i got Laughing ) , the "skin" of the minotuar are worked up just like the belts but don't go so light as the belst just in the corners.

Blood: Take blood red and then mix with alot of Chestnut/Brown ink and the just wash it over where ever you want it.

Horns: Start with Bleached Bone work up the upper part with a mix of Snakebite leather and bleached bone then finish it with washed down snakebite leather and bestial brown.

I hope this help Razz and i'll post pics of my dwarfs as soon as i get them. I have finished my ceerleaders(look like small living voodo dolls made of greenstuff), i have also got models for my assisting coach(a gobin girl or a green stuffed "Wario") i post pics when i get hope.

a94marboOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 30, 2008 - 06:28 AM

Lindome, Sweden

Which Swedish site?, I assume you live just outside Borås (or i it another Skene?) I live in The Göteborg area and I am planning to but together a gobo team aswell and I would like to see the prices...

/Martin

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 30, 2008 - 07:05 AM

Canada
      aggraae wrote:

Skin: Start with Catachan green, wash it with Thraka Green then work it up with catachan green again. Then i mix Catachan green with rotting flesh several times until i get that kind of skin color. The copper parts Tin bits, mix with tin bitz and dwarf bronze. Work it up and finish with Dwarf Bronze

...and this is why I will never be a truly great painter. I am pretty good, but lack the patience that it would take to build up so many layers of paint on one model!

Truly beautiful work, I can't wait to see more!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

aggraaeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 03, 2008 - 01:04 PM

Sweden

The damn dwarfs where late so i got them today, have just glued them together.

Then My new goblins where out of stock so the other ones arrive in early November, but got 2 of them (the cool ones)

Here they are 1 Gobbo done all the others are WIP.

Ye i know some of them have shields.... but hey didn't dwarfs have block right Laughing
The one in the middle is my Centaur, ill get me another one as soon as possible Razz

The dwarfs are from Rackham and the Goblins are from Gamezone

And at last will post painted dwarfs soon Razz

JoemanjiOffline
Post subject: Re: Chaos Dwarf Team wip  PostPosted: Oct 09, 2008 - 02:41 AM

England
      aggraae wrote:
Ok I started to build a chaos dwarf team last yer but wasn't satified with the models(used the new Warhammer plastic dwarf warriors and greenstuffed) Same with my Centaur, used the pony body from miners plastic sets.
They look like this
I have to say the BC thing is really cool. Where did you get the helmet tops from?

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic