NAF Logo
leftstar May 22, 2024 - 05:12 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Wez got ur coach. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Help, Human League team roster..  PostPosted: Jan 01, 2008 - 07:38 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Yep - Juggernaut is a great skill on the right sort of players - and I'd take 1st on Rat Ogres & Minotaus. Since Juggernaut only works when blitzing then you only really get value from players who blitz a lot - and I wouldn't have put Ogres in that category. For me Guard is the automatic 1st choice, followed by Stand Firm.

Reply with quote Back to top
daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Help, Human League team roster..  PostPosted: Jan 01, 2008 - 08:57 PM

United States of America
the apoth is not worth the cost in 5th for a starting team

FranticOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Help, Human League team roster..  PostPosted: Jun 02, 2008 - 03:26 PM

Sweden
So, i´m just minutes away from my first game (lost 2-1 against those fast goddamn woodelves) but i have something to be glad of. One of my blizers roled a double five for his "skillpick". But thats also my problem...

Which skill should i choose?

A agility skill?

Dodge? - A Blodger is most of the time nice.
Sidestep? - Later on with other skills it could be very interesting.

Movement skill?

Movement? 8 is more useful than 7.

or stick with my plan and take a normal skill?

Btw, no one died, and i got my 40k in winning for my apothecary. Wink

LycosOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Help, Human League team roster..  PostPosted: Jun 03, 2008 - 11:42 AM
Former President

Undisclosed
Wow, 6 months after the last post you got to play! A double 5 is handy for a blitzer. I would go Dodge myself as you will soon pick up Guard and Tackle and MB on standard rolls. If had been 6/4 then yes, MV8 or even AV9 would be good but I would use that double for Dodge.

FranticOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Help, Human League team roster..  PostPosted: Jun 03, 2008 - 12:48 PM

Sweden
Yeah, when my humans was ready, the "offseason" had already kicked in, but now its all back in track again.

Dodge you say, hmmm yeah i´m think youre right, if i dont take it i´ll will regret my self everytime he goes down.

tenwitOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 03, 2008 - 04:48 PM

Dodge Blitzers are great, they're the ones you put Mighty Blow on. When you build Guard Blitzers, the doubles skills of choice are either Diving Tackle or Side Step, depending on your play style. I'd suggest just the one Mighty Blow Blitzer, and three Guard ones.

KheldarOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 04, 2008 - 03:18 AM

I gave my first double blitzer Jump Up. He'll become a mighty blow, pilling on killer. Next double will be dodge.

FranticOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 04, 2008 - 03:44 AM

Sweden
      tenwit wrote:
Dodge Blitzers are great, they're the ones you put Mighty Blow on. When you build Guard Blitzers, the doubles skills of choice are either Diving Tackle or Side Step, depending on your play style. I'd suggest just the one Mighty Blow Blitzer, and three Guard ones.

I´ll want to make my team so flexible as posible so, i wont pick guard on three of them, probebly two. But i´ll like the ide of sidestep/guard

Kheldar wrote:
I gave my first double blitzer Jump Up. He'll become a mighty blow, pilling on killer. Next double will be dodge.

Hmm, interesting... why not, never tried that combo before. It will pay for it self. Next skill pile or might?

PubBowlerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 05, 2008 - 08:35 AM

Glasgow UK
Mighty Blow is better than Piling On so MB first.

FranticOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2009 - 12:21 AM

Sweden
Are in the middle of season 2 with this team right now and one of the blitzer got his fifth skill last night.

He has: Mighty Blow, Agility, Dodge, Agility (I got them in that order)

And last night I rolled a regulare skill pic. So sugestions plz. Smile

CramyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2009 - 08:19 AM

Canada
If you have lots of guard, one option can be frenzy. You can get the your target with Dodge and AG5, and then get two hits on the target. Get a one-die block on the first hit and push the player next to your guard players, and a two-dice you chose on the second hit. But that can be a risky proposition.

Strip Ball or Tackle could be interesting if you want to use the AG5 to get in the cage and hit the ball carrier. But that depends on how much Sure Hands and Dodge you face.

Fend could be good to help protect the player, but does not combine with Mighty Blow.

Cramy

FranticOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2009 - 08:52 AM

Sweden
Well I have one Blitzer with AG4, Strip Ball and Juggernaut. If I´m lucky then I got a Double skill on him as his next skill, I´ll give him leap. Then it would be nice with the Sure Hands skill for this player to come and pick the ball up in a bunch of tacklezones.

Otherwise I was thinking Stand Firm, Guard (Has 2 Guards i the team) Or Fend. There are alot of Piling on / MB and Frenzy players in the league.

I dont have any pass blockers in the team but dont realy know if I want to spend that skill on this player.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic