NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 01:18 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Fractured Arm! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LahatielOffline
Post subject: My first-ever sculpt: Witch Elf Sidleine Reporter - WCQ 2010  PostPosted: Feb 18, 2010 - 03:59 PM

Chicago
Finally, after far too long of a delay, I have pictures of my very own first-ever fully sculpted figure: Angelica Hellespont, Witch Elf Sideline Reporter. She is the tournament giveaway figure I sculpted for this year's West Coast Quake; I had the green on display for the coaches at the tournament, but as we were waiting on receipt of another company's figure before shipping them out together to our participants, I took advantage of the time and made a couple more last-minute changes and improvements... with this as the final result:

(Note: anyone who doesn't mind taken two seconds at voting on her at CoolMiniorNot can do so here.)

"Angelica Hellespont was a famous and successful Witch Elf player, who specialized in shoving opposing players off the pitch and into the rabid crowd. Unfortunately for Angelica, her playing days came to end when she, herself, was pushed off after one such play in which she dawdled too long on the sideline. She managed to free herself from the fans' clutches -- killing a dozen of them in a blood rage tends to frighten off the rest -- but suffered and irreparable shoulder injury in the process. Fortunately for us, the viewers, however, the tragic incident did not entirely end her Blood Bowl days. ESPN, the Extra-Sensory Perception Network, had already taken note of Hellespont's considerable "assets" -- and the increased ratings inspired thereby! -- during its broadcasts of her games. The network immediately signed her and put her in front of the crystal balls in another capacity, as its roving sideline reporter. Her evil beauty keeps the viewers tuned in, while her frenzied nature means she always gets her story!"

She's sculpted in the 28mm (to the eyes) scale; she technically comes in at about 29.5mm to the eyes (just shy of 32mm overall), but that was planned due to the size of the platform soles on her boots. Her left arm (with the microphone) is a separate piece for casting, glued on for photo purposes, and joins at the bottom of her shirt sleeve.

I do intend to keep sculpting in the future (though I have no clue yet what my next piece would be, or when I'll start) and I'd like to keep improving so any comments & criticisms to help me out are greatly appreciated!

It feels weird to assume that anyone would want to buy something of my own work, but I figure there are collectors out there who might be interested so I'll go ahead and say this, just in case: we're producing 100 of these, of which 20 go to our tournament participants. The other 80 will be made available for sale once ready -- such sales will be handled by Daloonieshaman, so I'll let him take care of letting everyone know once he's ready for any orders.

Finally, sorry to those of you who read as many forums as I do and thus have to see me cross-posting this all over the place! Unfortunately, I know people who wanted to see this on each of the boards to which I'm posting, people who don't necessarily read any of the others, so I have to put it everywhere so every can see it. Confused

Reply with quote Back to top
AxtklingeOffline
Post subject: RE: My first-ever sculpt: Witch Elf Sidleine Reporter - WCQ   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2010 - 04:06 AM

Portugal
Very nice sculpt!
Congrats Lahatiel!

Axt.

ApocryphaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 23, 2010 - 02:52 PM

Port Hope Ontario
I agree, it looks pretty good.

Can't wait to see it painted.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic