NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 04:19 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Max Kneecap Mittleman found dead. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wikiroOffline
Post subject: Nurgle Beast Convert of a Tyranid  PostPosted: Mar 24, 2011 - 02:38 PM

https://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod370003a&rootCatGameStyle=

Bought a pinning device and thought I don't want to pay shipping. So I thought hey NURGLE BEAST and I found this dude.

Any tips on modeling this guy? I was thinking of taking those back mounts off and putting pus wells for pus to ooz out. Does anyone know how to get a good effect of clear liquid on a painted surface? I was thinking glue gun but thats to opaque and not a good looking alternative.

Reply with quote Back to top
smokingmonkeeOffline
Post subject: RE: Nurgle Beast Convert of a Tyranid  PostPosted: Mar 24, 2011 - 03:39 PM

Canada
I"d probably lose the head and tail and try to actually give it some legs and a different less tyranidy head. I'm not sure how to go about doing it. As for the pus two part epoxy could work and you could tint it with some inks if you want it look even more sickly.

wikiroOffline
Post subject: RE: Nurgle Beast Convert of a Tyranid  PostPosted: Mar 24, 2011 - 03:48 PM

OOOOO I like the epoxy idea! Yeah I need the armor off Booga. I want to get a more tranquil head on him because I want to emphasizes the REALLY stupid but obedient part of his character. That and make him look like a lab experiment. Maybe use like a rat head split in half like in parasite eve or a cow head (not like a bull). The tail might have to go yes cow hooves will be good in its place. It might sound stupid but what I have in my head actually works (well Ill have to see it on paper first to be sure).

Keep the tips a comin.

burgun824Offline
Post subject: RE: Nurgle Beast Convert of a Tyranid  PostPosted: Mar 25, 2011 - 08:27 AM

United States of America
I would consider getting one of these to go with it: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440335a&prodId=prod1290060

This along with lots of green stuff and smokingmonkee's comments should make it a pretty interesting model.

smokingmonkeeOffline
Post subject: RE: Nurgle Beast Convert of a Tyranid  PostPosted: Mar 25, 2011 - 12:48 PM

Canada
The bits on the mutation sprue may be a tad small. I'd try one of the online bits retailers and see if you can get some Chaos Spawn bits to flesh it out.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic