NAF Logo
leftstar May 10, 2024 - 09:32 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Chainsaws for everyone! Take action NOW! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
flyingdingleOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 18, 2011 - 05:13 AM

United States of America

I'm with doubleskullz on allowing the takeback as long as no rolls have been made. Otherwise, it just leads to bad attitudes and makes things no fun for anyone.

Reply with quote Back to top
LycosOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 18, 2011 - 05:55 AM
Former President

Undisclosed
Certainly here in the UK, and largely in European tournaments (and I have done a few) the unwritten procedure is "if no dice have been rolled, that's ok". I would defo allow my oppo to bring in another player on that blitz situation discussed on page one, hell yeah. To the original question asked, I would defo allow my oppo to move another player in that situation, as long as no dice have been rolled. It's still a game to me and making it more than that kinda defeats the point in playing.

Although, I completely accept that some leagues play "hard core" and if that is accepted across the whole league - fair enough. You wouldn't get guys like myself and Doubleskulls playing any more but if all souls are like minded, sure that's ok.

GreedySmurfOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 12, 2011 - 02:39 AM

England
Agree 100% with Lycos. If no dice have been rolled, by all means change your action.

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 12, 2011 - 09:45 PM

United States of America
Lycos is a gentlemen for gentlemen, but in an important game (playoffs lets say or you are beating me 15 nil) if you declare your block and start adding your total strenght whilst I add my total strenth and you come up short you are screwed for your mistake (as in the rules). Otherwise sure I have no problem with you doing whatever you want before dice are rolled.

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 13, 2011 - 12:40 AM

I've never played anyone who wouldn't let you change your mind on that block

Jon

SolarFlareOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 15, 2011 - 06:14 AM

Grumbledook wrote:
I've never played anyone who wouldn't let you change your mind on that block

To add to that, if I see an opponent has mis-counted the block, I will often say something like, "you realize this is only a 1-die block."

Heck, even if someone jumps the gun and rolls 2 dice for a 1-die block, I will let them move the guy in that they did not realize they needed to move. Of course, at that point, it becomes a little more murky. But if my opponent is nice, then why not? This is a game.

DarkOrk20Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 15, 2011 - 09:35 AM

United States of America
I would have let him redo it. I would have also given him a stern warning about it and make sure he doesn't get to do it again.
If he is a newer player I always tend to give a little more. While I think that once you get to a tournament you should be good player at that point and not be allowed rookie mistakes but I know that there are many new players coming to tournaments. I would rather foster them into returning than brow beat them. I am not as hardcore as some.

xkobiexOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 15, 2011 - 01:50 PM

Redoing actions with a single piece before a die roll has been made is reasonable. However, I would not allow a coach to move a second piece after declaring an action with the original until the original's action is complete. Now, if you didn't point this out and your opponent cheated...well, cheating is allowed. Wink

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 15, 2011 - 11:02 PM

United States of America
on that ... (I am not talking newbies here) What if you declage your pass and move the thrower to the ball and discovered that heforgot to move his catcher in poition. In order for the catche (Oh it's okay we have nothing to do with our time so we do not use timers)a to move into position he must make a dodge roll and the clock expires do you let he then move his thrower after he timer rang? If so, Are you goining to allow him to activate 3 more plqyers after the thrower (after the clock ran out). Why did you let the thrower move?

SolarFlareOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 17, 2011 - 07:43 AM

I dunno. It's a game first for me. As long as my opponent has been cool, and we're focusing on fun, then I'll let most things go. (Note - I am not interested in playing games with a timer...) If my opponent has been jacking me around, or I think they are really trying to abuse a situation (pretty rare scenarios for the Blood Bowl community, to be honest), then I will take a harder stance.

In a game at zlurpee bowl this year, a (very cool) opponent failed his diving catch attempt with a slann catcher in the end zone. It then went to my turn. After I was about halfway done with my turn, my opponent realized that the catcher who failed to catch was the one he had given the catch skill to. He asked if we could go back and see if the catch skill worked. We did. He scored. At that point, though, I had already pushed his catcher out of bounds and picked up the loose ball. We pretended my "turn" had never happened. We moved his score counter up 1. And he then kicked off to me.

I could have said no, I guess. But I would have had less fun.

daloonieshamanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 18, 2011 - 12:15 PM

United States of America
see that is personal preference. As far as newbies go fo me it is all about teaching and haveing fun. I will encourage newbies to
"bring in another guy" or roll a skill so that they learn (with the usual clause that they will not be able to do it later. 5-10 games later)

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic