NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 10:40 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Bonehead. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
greeboOffline
Post subject: Greebo: Nippo Goblin funding Campaign  PostPosted: Aug 26, 2012 - 08:01 AM

Hi All!
Greebo's miniatures is a well known manufacturer of miniatures, born for fantasy football and recently started creating and producing board games and different type of fantasy sports game.

We're trying to continue the production of what we used to do, and so to reach a complete variety of teams for fantasy football, supported by great designers and remarkable sculptors. In particular there is a project that goes on very slowly for years, due to lack of funds entirely self-financed.

The project involves the Nippo Goblin, Nipponese greenskins with a series of themed secret weapons and traditional oriental demonic trolls who have been loudly requested for years from the audience.

Nowadays only two miniatures were produced, and now we would like to have your help for letting the remaining nine goblins, the troll and the coach to be created, produced and available!

If we will reach the required amount for the sculpture and the creation of the molds, we will create a team of 12 different high quality pieces ready to be painted and played, and if we will go over the reach we will sculpt extra Geisha Goblin as cheerleader!

Help these Nippo goblins to flip up like ninja!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VsRhmChtF4&feature=player_embedded VideoSpot here

Greebo: Nippo Goblin -- Indiegogo

The Bonzo, exclusive model for perk

Ninja Goblin

* 16 - 07 -2012 First Nippo Goblin with Dragon Fireworks Bomb ready!

Demonhead stone ready! Pinted By axia

The concept for the extra Geisha (4400 goal).

Reply with quote Back to top
greeboOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 26, 2012 - 01:33 PM

http://www.indiegogo.com/nippogoblin?a=833046

This is the new perk for other nippo guys! 20$ for 4 different turtles and if we meet the 4000 goal we will add also the rat!

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2012 - 05:29 AM

I don't know how anyone else feels but what I want from a "goblin" team is lots of normal goblins of different sculpts, two trolls and the 4 secret weapons

from reading the page it looks like there are just 4 standard goblin sculpts Sad

I've no interest in ninja goblins, the bonzo one doesn't make much sense to me (is it meant to be the coach model?), and now the turtles seem really far off theme

I would have been far more interested in more sculpts of the standard goblins. Initially when I saw the concept art many months ago I didn't really like the theme at all, though the secret weapon sculpts look good and had me tempted. But if there are only 4 different goblins I don't want a team these days that has multiples of the same sculpt. It would be understandable if that was all that is sculpted, but if you are sculpting other figs to go with the team that aren't wanted, it seems like a waste of effort. Especially if it turns others like myself off from buying.

If I just have the two trolls and no secret weapons on the pitch I'd like 9 different standard goblins. (Or 8 and perhaps the ninja one) I've zero interest in having turtles on the team... A geisha fits the theme but I've never once used any of the cheerleader minis for all the other teams I own and would be better perk after getting unique sculpts of players I'd actually wanted painted up for use on the pitch.

Also I'm slightly concerned about the scale of the sculpts, the goblins look at big as a standard human lineman from GW. While you probably won't want to put a scale photo up on kickstarter I wouldn't mind seeing one perhaps posted here.

Maybe I'm alone with these thoughts and others love the turtles idea, but I thought I'd offer some feedback from a potential customer, others may feel as I do and not be vocal about it. Though I encourage them to also post if they agree so you can create what the market demands.

Jon

greeboOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2012 - 01:19 PM

You are the first that say that, all comment are welcome, positive or negative Smile
We can make more Goblin in future, but for now we have to say with lesser, because one sculpture have an high cost and we want to keep the goal lower as possible. Ninja are like normal goblin, so on gield you will have 5 different for now, have other 3 different will be simple with the custom face, waiting the 3 different 3 more sculptures.
Size are like standard goblin from all other company.
Bonzo was an idea made not by us but from customers, because we had asked them for a exclusive model and they have asked for a Bonzo Goblin. The Coach model is the Dragon.
Also other have asked for Ninja Turtle, they are Nippo and can and Extra, if you don't like you don't have to buy them, they are not include in any Goblin perk, but only separated.
So, thats all Smile

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2012 - 01:56 PM

well someone has to sculpt the turtles too, I would have thought it was easier to make variations on the goblin sculpts and create a whole team of unique minis, perhaps when I've seen the sculpts conversions to make them different won't be too much trouble

I guess if others have asked for turtles then fair enough, just seems strange to me ;]

thanks for the reply though

Jon

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic