NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 29, 2024 - 04:07 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Inside every Troll, ders a lil gobo trying da get out. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
InnerdemonOffline
Post subject: How does one organize a series?  PostPosted: Dec 16, 2016 - 03:48 PM

Canada
Hi Everyone,

Grither (Bryan) was kind enough to spear head the West Coast Grand Prix. We added in a number of tournaments in our area. Bryan asked me to help out trying to coordinste the events up here. This has spread out the tournament series to 9 events, spanning the entire west coast of the uS and western Canada. 5 of those events are concentrated in my area (westernCanada)

Bryan and I have discussed spilting the series to not cover so much geographical territory. I know travel is the main intent here, but this is a bit extreme distance to expect people to travel.

I have a few questions

How does one apply to organize a tournament series?

How many tournaments are required to host a series?

Reply with quote Back to top
TojurubOffline
Post subject: RE: How does one organize a series?  PostPosted: Dec 18, 2016 - 07:10 AM

Germany
there is a nice document here:

http://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/NAF-Tournament-Series.pdf

To answer your questions:

a) Post the rules of the series according to the document in the Tournament series section (North America section for you). I'll check them and if they are ok, I'll approve the series by making it "sticky".

b) four tourneys is the lower limit for a NAF sanctioned series.

2nd place Royal RumBBL 2015 and White Star Cup 2016
.....and now Ex-Vize-Prez

GaixoOffline
Post subject: RE: How does one organize a series?  PostPosted: Dec 22, 2016 - 07:59 AM
Former President

United States of America
It seems that if you have 9 events, with Spike as a sort of central point between those in Canada and the USA, neither side is really disadvantaged. I would try to stick together rather than dropping down to become two very small series. Your prerogative, though!

GritherOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 23, 2016 - 07:08 PM

United States of America
We thought that by combining all of Western North America we might be able to cross-pollinate a bit and have some incentive to travel to other tourneys within the region. As it turns out from the past couple of years, there has been very little inter-mingling with the exception of a few that attend the Spike! For the most part, Canadians will not likely travel to Vegas and other South-Western US areas and SW residents won't likely make it to Canada anytime soon. In 2017, SW US and NW US/Canada will be doing more tourneys so that's why we thought now would be the right time to split. As it stands today, whichever region hosts the most tourneys will win the Tournament Series, which I don't think was ever the point.

InnerdemonOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 31, 2019 - 07:11 PM

Canada
I have messaged ciao about starting a new tournament series. If ciao reads this please message me.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic