NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 28, 2024 - 07:06 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Bloodweiser. The best an Orc can git. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
breidrOffline
Post subject: Buying another table top team, but which one?  PostPosted: Feb 01, 2017 - 11:44 PM

Since the new boxed set I've been thinking of actually investing in a new team aside from Humans or Orcs. I own 2 sets of each team, one from each box I have. Typically I just played Humans in leagues because that is what I had and there were a lot of Orcs, so I didn't tend to want to add more.

I've been looking into how the TT scene works and I never even knew these resurrection tournaments were a thing. I just remember playing weekly games and challenges, similar to what is played on Cyaninde's Blood Bow [no challenge league in BB2 Sad]

This has been great fun as I have access to a lot more than I did previously. Want to try a new team, reroll!
I don't exactly have that luxury with miniatures and I don't think I want to collect a whole bunch of teams anytime soon.

What should my thought process be when selecting this team, any tips?

I'm well aware of how good teams like Undead do in NAF tournaments, and they are also a whole bunch of them. I'm trying to strike in performance while picking something a little less common, if possible.

I'm shocked to see humans so low on the charts. If I had a team of six skills, I'd get 4-5 guard and add 1-2 block/wrestle. They come with all the skills they need out of the box, really. What makes them so bad in this format?

What teams are generally decent in a tourney without SPP progression?

In terms of teams I play and am decent with right now, Undead is one of them, but I kind of want to steer clear of them, there's a whole bunch already.
Humans have treated me okay, struggle towards the end, but I have made playoff with them.
I like Norse Thematically, but I can never keep them alive and when everybody else has block and all my 2 skill players are dead, it sucks.

Aside from that I tried out Brettonians recently. Not sanctioned by NAF, but I didn't do too hot with them. Couldn't really pin down reasons, it just didn't go so great.
Tried Skaven in a BB2 league as well, they got pretty beat up.

Reply with quote Back to top
OventaOffline
Post subject: RE: Buying another table top team, but which one?  PostPosted: Feb 02, 2017 - 04:18 AM

Undisclosed
Pick what play style you like most.
E.g. Dodgy elf or bashing killers.
For what Lso performs, this might help you in your decision:
http://naf.talkfantasyfootball.org

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic