NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 08:03 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
I am just safekeeping this chainsaw for a friend rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject: Halfling Glutton - Alternate Big Guy  PostPosted: May 27, 2006 - 10:19 AM

Undisclosed
I found myself thinking of Blood Bowl on the train the other day, and I want to bounce a "house rule" alternat big guy off of you all...The Halfling Glutton. (Or Halfling Gorger)

Picture a immensly fat, crazed, Blood Bowl player who is only hanging around the halflings for the promise of good halfling-made vittles...and occassionally stuffing the odd 'fling down his throat. Mmmmm...

Here was what I was thinking for his profile:

MA:4 STR:6 AG:2 AV:8
Skills: Mighty Blow, Throw TeamMate, Frenzy, Off For a Bite, Always Hungry*

I actually prefer Voracious Appetite but this would be a house-ruled skill for a house-ruled player. Voracious Appetite would work the same as Always Hungry, but would fail on a roll of 1 or 2. (Unless you paid 20K before the game to buy him a pre-game snack. snack=cow or some other suitable meat-based food product. Smile )

---

I think that this would be a nice change-up for the 'Fling team in a league setting that allowed for such things. Any thoughts on the price of this guy, or on how balanced he is from a game mechanic perspective?

NAF Member #5236
---

Reply with quote Back to top
lawquoterOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 27, 2006 - 10:33 AM

United States of America

interesting, Rob. I'd probably be more comfortable with MA 3 if he's got AG 2, or go with MA 4 and drop AG 1. I envision "Fatty" to be really slow and plodding. Maybe something like this

MA 3 ST 6 AG 2 AV 8 Belly Flop*, TTM, Thickskull, Bonehead/Really Stupid, Voracious Appetite

* Piling on

He's not going anywhere fast, but if you get sucked in to his belly (aka Fat Bastard) he's going to flop right on you. Pick a negatrait depending on whether you want him slow, plodding and forgetful, or slow, plodding an drooling forgetful.

Anyway, it's pretty fun!

#1 U.S. Vampire Coach (of 2 )

*note: loss only on the Street while playing halflings.

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 27, 2006 - 07:09 PM

Undisclosed
I have no issue with his losing the movement, though the severe drop in AV was intended to make up for the "faster" MA 4.

However, I really want the Frenzy in there to represent his psychoticness....running for the food and overpowering anything in his way.

Also keep in mind that with the OFAB/Voracious Appetite...and the Flings AV 6...they will be doing more damage to flings than the opponent. Smile In a pinch you may still need to try TTM...mut having to make two rolls for it to come off really should be enough...bone head added to this makes it 3 rolls just to try the throw.

NAF Member #5236
---

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic