NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 11:49 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Lizardman team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
studderingdaveOffline
Post subject: Da Kween City Krumpers  PostPosted: Apr 03, 2008 - 01:49 PM

eastern PA

so i started making my OnG team from scratch today, and i was wondering if it was allowable to model weapons on some of my models, say i wanted my blitzers to have a HW and shield, because they are meant to block right?

ill be posting pics of my work once i get some stuff painted.

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: Da Kween City Krumpers  PostPosted: Apr 03, 2008 - 03:27 PM

Canada
      studderingdave wrote:
so i started making my OnG team from scratch today, and i was wondering if it was allowable to model weapons on some of my models, say i wanted my blitzers to have a HW and shield, because they are meant to block right?

ill be posting pics of my work once i get some stuff painted.

I guess you can try to justify it, but the question depends on what setting you are talking about.

In a league, I wouldn't mind too much, but would not want to see a whole WFB army on the table!

But for any of the tourneys I have been to, they have points allocated for painted and properly represented models. To that end they all specifically say that you may NOT have weapons on the models. Doesn't mean that they won't let you play with them, only that you will not be scoring the maxiimum marks for the painting portion.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

studderingdaveOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Da Kween City Krumpers  PostPosted: Apr 03, 2008 - 04:20 PM

eastern PA

thanks for the info, ill clip the weapons i got already just to be safe. orcs without choppas in theri hands just dont look right tho....

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: Da Kween City Krumpers  PostPosted: Apr 03, 2008 - 07:42 PM

Canada
      studderingdave wrote:
thanks for the info, ill clip the weapons i got already just to be safe. orcs without choppas in theri hands just dont look right tho....

the get the choppas that have the spiky knuckle protectors. Chop off the blade and keep those. I would think that those are acceptable as Blood Bowl "weapons" (I mean c'mon! Morg 'n' Thorg is wearing one on the cover of the box!)

studderingdaveOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: Da Kween City Krumpers  PostPosted: Apr 03, 2008 - 07:59 PM

eastern PA

yeah a few of the blorcs have those. i jept the shields on the blitzers, just so they could ook a lil different from everyone else, but otherwise no noticable or obvious weapons. when im scratching a team, is it good to max out on all the stuff so i have alot of option? so far i made the following for OnG:

1 troll
4 gobbos
4 blorcs
4 blitzers
2 throwers

how many linemen should i make?

ConspyreOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: Da Kween City Krumpers  PostPosted: Apr 03, 2008 - 11:26 PM

United States of America
Personally, I like having EVERY figure possible for a team, so you can field any combination, especially if you're batch painting in order to keep the uniforms matching. I got stuck picking up a second Wood Elf team box for that reason, since I wasn't able to order an extra thrower separately.

thechosengobboOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 04, 2008 - 02:38 AM

Warrington, England
Most people tend not to use more than 6 orc linemen, but if you have the spares I'd make at least 10 just so you have the option of more open to you.

studderingdaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 04, 2008 - 07:18 AM

eastern PA

10 it is. do you people model coaches and stuff? what wiould i need to make for that, an apothecary, a coach, an asst. coach and some cheerleaders?

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 04, 2008 - 07:32 AM

Canada
10?? I wouldn't think that you would need more than five, six at the VERY most.

4 Blitzers
4 black orcs
1 troll
1 thrower

This would be a must have for the team as they develop. this leaves six line-orcs, five if you want at least one gobbo. I cannot think why any orc coach would want to punish himself with so many line-orcs!

studderingdaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 04, 2008 - 08:24 AM

eastern PA

well i wanna have some gobbos in there. figure at least to learn with so if they suck i can swap them out with orcs.

studderingdaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 24, 2008 - 07:18 PM

eastern PA

ok, been a litle while. i was painting epic eldar for the last few weeks, but now i have a week or 2 to put into my BB team. hoping to take this to a tourney on the 10th. so far i have the following painted:

2 shots of my trioll, one of my thrower, and one of the lone goblin on my team. each model is gonna be numbered of course, and named to suit the model, but names come later, right now im just painting.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic