NAF Logo
leftstar May 09, 2024 - 04:36 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Hey you, guard that mumie rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SBGOffline
Post subject: Changing a pass action into a hand-off action ?  PostPosted: Oct 26, 2010 - 05:04 PM

Canada
Guys, I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere, but could you help me out?

I'm pretty sure that once you announced a pass action, you can change your mind to a hand-off or keep it, isn't it right ?

Fred

Reply with quote Back to top
DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Changing a pass action into a hand-off action ?  PostPosted: Oct 26, 2010 - 05:39 PM

Canada
I assume you mean once you declare a pass action, do you have to pass? Yes, you are allowed to change your mind and switch the action.

Jonny_POffline
Post subject: RE: Changing a pass action into a hand-off action ?  PostPosted: Oct 26, 2010 - 09:08 PM

United States of America
No, you can't change the action.

But you are half-right. You can declare a PASS action, then keep it. You are still using your PASS action, but you have decided not to make the pass attempt. This also means that this player cannot make a HAND OFF action. He already declared a PASS action. It may seem like he "changed" it into a MOVE action, but it's not the case. Still a PASS action.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Changing a pass action into a hand-off action ?  PostPosted: Oct 27, 2010 - 07:25 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Jonny_P wrote:
No, you can't change the action.

But you are half-right. You can declare a PASS action, then keep it. You are still using your PASS action, but you have decided not to make the pass attempt. This also means that this player cannot make a HAND OFF action. He already declared a PASS action. It may seem like he "changed" it into a MOVE action, but it's not the case. Still a PASS action.

This is the correct answer

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: RE: Changing a pass action into a hand-off action ?  PostPosted: Oct 27, 2010 - 07:29 AM

Canada
I would agree with Jonny P.

Just as a Wild Animal wil sometimes declare a Blitz just so that they can help ensure movement, nothing says that they actually have to hit anything. But once the action is declared it is used.

I could see how changing an action part way through a turn could be abused (needing a reroll earlier in the turn, and so wanting to switch to the safer hand-off). But as Jonny also pointed out you can only make one of the "special actions" (blitz, foul, pass, hand off) per player per turn. Once declared, there is no going back.

Now there is the case if you made a mistake, you meant to Hand Off, not Pass, and if that is the case, then my general rule is that it is fine as long as no dice were rolled.

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Darkson
Post subject: Re: RE: Changing a pass action into a hand-off action ?  PostPosted: Oct 27, 2010 - 01:55 PM

Undisclosed
      Spazzfist wrote:
Now there is the case if you made a mistake, you meant to Hand Off, not Pass, and if that is the case, then my general rule is that it is fine as long as no dice were rolled.

This +1.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

SBGOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Changing a pass action into a hand-off action ?  PostPosted: Oct 28, 2010 - 07:46 AM

Canada
No, it wasn't a mistake case, just brain fart on my part. Thanks and sorry!

Fred

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic