NAF Logo
leftstar May 10, 2024 - 12:38 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Where did that Slann guy go? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
machtinOffline
Post subject: Skills "Shadowing" and "Grab"  PostPosted: Dec 07, 2010 - 10:03 AM

Hello fellow coaches,

I have some questions (once again...^^). Surely someone can help.

1) Can the skill “Grab” be used only during a Block-Action or also in a Blitz-Action? The CRP is quite irritating when it says not only “To represent this, only while making a Block Action […]” but also “When making a Block or Blitz Action, Grab and Side Step will cancel each other out […]”. In my opinion the second sentence makes no sense if "Grab" con be used only during a Block Action as the first sentence suggests.

2) An opposing player wants to leave the tackle zone a player of my team who has the skill “Shadowing”. Does the shadowing player have to make a dodge role if he stands in another opponents tackle zone? If the opposing player stands in the tackle zone not only of the shadowing player but also in the tackle zone of another of my players, does he have to make a dodge role? Or does the shadowing action cancel out all dodge rolls which the two involved players would normally have to make?

I hope my english can be understood?! ,-) Thx in advance

Machtin
Germany

Reply with quote Back to top
GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Skills "Shadowing" and "Grab"  PostPosted: Dec 07, 2010 - 12:00 PM

you can only use it during a block action to move players as you wish

during a blitz action though it will cancel out side step, but you can't move players around in the same way you can during a block action

if you pass your shadowing roll then you move into the vacated square, you don't have to dodge

Jon

machtinOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Skills "Shadowing" and "Grab"  PostPosted: Dec 08, 2010 - 05:39 AM

Grumbledook wrote:
if you pass your shadowing roll then you move into the vacated square, you don't have to dodge

Ok, thanks! But... Wink ...is the opposing player leaving the tackle zone of the shadowing player obliged to make a dodge roll if he is not only in the tackle zone of the shadowing player but also in another of my player´s tackle zone?

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Skills "Shadowing" and "Grab"  PostPosted: Dec 08, 2010 - 08:02 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

The shadowing player has a Tackle Zone and players do need to dodge to get out of it. He just then also has the ability to then follow them after they dodge away.

GrumbledookOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Skills "Shadowing" and "Grab"  PostPosted: Dec 08, 2010 - 12:20 PM

bit confused about what you are asking, to leave a tackle zone you have to roll to dodge, however if your player is leaving an opposing tackle zone due to succeeding in his use of his own shadowing skill, then that doesn't require a dodge roll

another way to get out of a tackle zone is using Leap instead of dodging, or if you are pushed out of a tackle zone as the result of a block

generally though if the active player is voluntarily trying to leave the tackle zone of an opponent, they have to try and dodge, so usually during a move action, blitz action, pass action, foul action or if doing a pass block attempt

some players have special skills that mean they can avoid them such as the shadowing an opponent or ball and chain players

Jon

LycosOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Skills "Shadowing" and "Grab"  PostPosted: Dec 08, 2010 - 03:37 PM
Former President

Undisclosed
Good explanation Jon.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic