NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 28, 2024 - 03:18 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Elfheim Eagles in doping scandal. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tallianOffline
Post subject: Has anyone tried this? Simultaneous Turns  PostPosted: Oct 16, 2011 - 02:00 PM

http://www.sg.tacticalwargames.net/fanatic/65st.pdf

I was going to try and get a game of this at some point at my local gaming club.

But I am not sure if there is only one action deck, and therefore only one of the 22 players on the pitch miss their turn, and coaches may ending up having 2 or more players in a row activated. Or if there is an action deck per coach and one of the 11 players on a team misses their turn and coaches only ever get to act with one player before the other coach gets a go.

I had read this before and was sure that it was two action decks, but now I am not so sure.

Tall

Reply with quote Back to top
NikolaiIIOffline
Post subject: RE: Has anyone tried this? Simultaneous Turns  PostPosted: Mar 20, 2012 - 05:13 AM

I read it as a shared deck. Otherwise you'd get one team always getting to play some of their guys in a row at the end of the turn (once the opposing team is down a few players, that is)

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: RE: Has anyone tried this? Simultaneous Turns  PostPosted: Mar 20, 2012 - 05:58 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
I read it as a single deck.

zerodemonOffline
Post subject: RE: Has anyone tried this? Simultaneous Turns  PostPosted: Mar 24, 2012 - 12:06 PM

Yep, shared deck. His example (numbered 1-5) has player 5 blocking player 8 on turn 1. If these weren't in a shared deck, then player 8 wouldn't need to stand on turn 5 as he would be on the same team as player 5 (who blocked him in the first place)

Makes sense right?

ugnashOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 21, 2012 - 11:37 AM

England

Very late to this one having just joined but yes it is definitely a shared deck and yes definitely give it a go. We played it with our local league and then just couldn't imagine going back to turn-based as it just ramps up the strategy and forward-thinking aspect the game to the nth degree. Definitely challenging (especially if running a pass offence) to begin with though but persevere with and you'll get into it.

sann0638Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 21, 2012 - 02:48 PM
President

England
Broken link Sad

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic