NAF Logo
leftstar May 12, 2024 - 09:24 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Smashed Knee! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TojurubOffline
Post subject: Hypthotic Gaze and Dump Off  PostPosted: Mar 01, 2013 - 06:25 AM

Germany
Assuming the ball carrier with the Dump-Off-Skill is gazed by a vampire and thereafter the ball carrier gets blocked/blitzed. The way I read HG, I would assume that he is NOT allowed to dump off the ball, since he is influenced by the Gazing, which doesn't allow to pass the ball.

Is that a correct understanding of the rules?

2nd place Royal RumBBL 2015 and White Star Cup 2016
.....and now Ex-Vize-Prez

Reply with quote Back to top
DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Hypthotic Gaze and Dump Off  PostPosted: Mar 01, 2013 - 07:13 AM

Canada
I would agree with that. But I could see an arguement saying that since the player is not able to do anything until the start of his next action, and the dump-off is that players next action, then he is able to do it. Curious to see what the powers that be say about the interpretation of this.

Along the same lines, how does this event work with someone that has Pass Block as well. Since the logic is pretty much the same.

delevusOffline
Post subject: RE: Hypthotic Gaze and Dump Off  PostPosted: Mar 01, 2013 - 08:33 AM

You may not dump the ball off. The skill says that the player can not catch, intercept, pass, assist blocks or fouls. It also says that you can not voluntarily move. Pass Block says that the player moves so it would not be usable. Other players skills that do not required movement are fine, like Side Step.

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Hypthotic Gaze and Dump Off  PostPosted: Mar 01, 2013 - 09:34 AM

Canada
Yes, I get that part Delevus. But the last part of the Hypnotic Gaze skill desription says "until his next Action of the drive ends". Would using Dump-off not be his next action. Pass Block is not as clear.

Either way, just playing devils advocate, I think the intent of Hypnotic Gaze is to stop things like Pass Block and Dump off from occuring. So I would still say the intent is that you can't use those skills.

Darkson
Post subject: RE: Hypthotic Gaze and Dump Off  PostPosted: Mar 01, 2013 - 10:14 AM

Undisclosed
Dump Off and Pass Block aren't actions. Move, Block, Blitz, Pass and Foul are. So neither cancellation HG.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

DaggersOffline
Post subject: RE: Hypthotic Gaze and Dump Off  PostPosted: Mar 01, 2013 - 11:04 AM

Canada
Wondered that, either way, just found another use for Hypnotic Gaze.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic