NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 24, 2024 - 01:59 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Goblin team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wapcapletsOffline
15 Post subject: Blingtoof's Gitbash 3 - November 2nd, 2013  PostPosted: May 07, 2013 - 07:58 PM

Hamilton, Ontario
Blingtoof’s Gitbash is back for its third year. I’m thrilled to announce that the Gitbash will be taking place at HammerCon at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Another big change is that the Gitbash will be a one-day tournament of four games. These are very positive changes that I’m excited to announce. I’m personally moving to Ancaster (technically part of Hamilton) in July of 2013 so the locale needed to change regardless. Blingtoof’s GItbash is in early November so it just made sense to align with HammerCon.

REGISTRATION (UPDATED 30-AUG-2013)
HammerCon is providing us enough space for up to 20 participants. These will be made available on a first-come-first-served basis so pre-registering for HammerCon is highly advised! The first 20 coaches signed up for the event will be given slots to participate. If slots are still available the day of the event it will be first come, first served.

Hammercon now has their event registration integrated with their badge purchase interface. Make sure that you follow the steps below to secure a spot at the Gitbash:

Step 1: Purchase a Hammercon badge
In order to reserve yourself a spot you need to purchase a badge that gets you into Hammercon for Saturday. Please do consider attending the whole convention if you can as it's a great con but a Saturday-only badge will cost $25. Click on the link below to purchase a Hammercon badge:

http://www.hammercon.ca/register

Step 2: Register for the actual tournament
Once you've purchased your badge, you need to log into the Hammercon website and go to the actual event page for Blingtoof's Gitbash:

http://www.hammercon.ca/games/blingtoofs-gitbash-blood-bowl-tournament

You then need to scroll down and confirm that you have the value "Registered" in the "State" pull-down menu and that you then click on the yellow "Save Registration" button:

Once you have done this you should see your Hammercon login ID under the yellow "Save Registration" button in the list of registrants. If you are on the list below, you have successfully completed the above process.

1. genghis
2. andyinjapan
3. frostmane
4. fevin
5. Bobb81
6. Clan_Skaven
7. Peter_Meers
8. Kikurasis
9. cbaginski71
10. tlawson
11. Doomington AKA shiggerfragger for some damn reason
12. mellis1644
13. Stimme

BLINGTOOF AFTER-PARTY
Since Blingtoof’s Gitbash 3 is already at a pretty nice hotel and is a single-day tournament wrapping up at around 7PM it only makes sense to have an after-party. I have reserved a suite at the hotel where people can come by afterwards and hang out, play games, praise Nuffle for their victories or curse him for their losses and double-skull-reroll-double-skull. I hope that everyone that comes out to Blingtoof can make the time to come by and have some post-tournament fun.

In order to make this happen, though, I need to raise some funds. With tax, the suite is going to cost $183 for the night. To be completely transparent, I do plan to stay overnight in the room. That being said, I’m not looking for people to completely subsidize my stay. What I am going to say is that I will host the party if, by 15-Oct, I have $120 in funds raised (about 2/3 of the cost of the room). Any funds raised above & beyond the $120 will go towards food, drinks, and prizes to make the party more fun.

If you want to chip in to make this party happen you can do so in one of three ways. If you’re someone that I’ll see in person before the tournament you can e-mail me at blingtoof@engler.ca and we can arrange for you to give me your donation the next time I see you. If you’re not someone I’m likely to see prior to the tournament you can e-mail me how much you’d like to contribute and give it to me at the tournament. I’ve also set up a crowd-funding page on RocketHub. CLICK HERE to go to that page and donate.

TOURNAMENT RULES
CLICK HERE to download the PDF of the 2013 rules pack.

DATE, LOCATION, SCHEDULE, & COST

Date: Saturday, November 2nd, 2013

150 King Street East
Hamilton, Ontario
L8N 1B2

Schedule:
9:00 AM: Registration
9:30 AM: Game 1
11:30 AM: Lunch break
12:00 PM: Game 2
2:00 PM: 15-minute break
2:15 PM: Game 3
4:15 PM: 15-minute break
4:30 PM: Game 4
6:30 PM: 15-minute break
6:45 PM: Awards & closing; prize distribution

Cost: $0 (Included with purchase of HammerCon badge).

ROSTER SUBMISSION
Having coaches submit their rosters ahead of time is a huge time-saver as, on tournament day, you’ll arrive with your roster confirmed as correct and just need to be assigned an opponent to begin playing. In order to encourage people to finalize their rosters ahead of time, I’m going to be levying a $5 fine to any coach that does not submit his/her roster via e-mail to blingtoof@engler.ca (sending it using this Excel-based roster template would be highly appreciated). All fines collected will be passed along to the cause for the 2014 Hope Bowl. Coaches submitting their rosters ahead of time will have print-outs of their rosters provided for them the day of the tournament. Coaches that do not submit their roster ahead of time must bring three copies to the tournament (one for the TO, one for your opponent, one for yourself). You may change your roster once submitted but all rosters must be submitted by midnight on Sunday, October 27th.

PRIZES & GROUP ORDERS FROM IMPACT MINIATURES
Once again, Impact Miniatures is being extremely generous and offering up the deal whereby we can get 10% off group orders and then Impact kicks in 20% of the pre-discount total as prizes. So, for example, if we put in $500 worth of orders we’ll get 10% off and only pay $450 and get $100 (20% of 500) worth of prizes for the tournament. The first group order is going to be made on June 1st. Please e-mail blingtoof@engler.ca with your order by May 31st. You do not have to be coming to the tournament to take part in the group orders. No order amount is too small, either! If 20 people order an average $10 worth of stuff each that yields $40 in prizes. Many hands make light work!

The second Impact group order will be submitted shortly after Labour Day. Please get me your desired items to be purchased before the end of the day on Monday, September 2nd.

PITCHES & TOKENS FROM FF-FIELDS

The pitch & token order has been submitted. I'll post updates when I have them. Thanks to all who ordered! Here's a pic of the slightly re-designed pitch with the turn numbers going "up" towards the center of the board from each side:

If you're local to me I'll do my best to get you your pitches/counters before the tournament, otherwise they will be there for you on the day of the tournament. If you'd like a pitch/counters but you can't come to the tournament send me a message and we'll work something out.

Last edited by wapcaplets on Oct 10, 2013 - 08:44 PM; edited 26 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
wapcapletsOffline
Post subject: RE: Blingtoof  PostPosted: May 08, 2013 - 08:59 AM

Hamilton, Ontario
The rules for Blingtoof’s Gitbash 2013 have been posted on the Tournament Rules page (CLICK HERE for a direct link to the rules PDF). They aren’t a huge departure from previous years but I’ve streamlined a few things in an attempt to (hopefully) make them more streamlined and require people to remember less during the course of a game. Please make sure you read them through but here is a quick summary of the changes:
    - Bribes for Sanctioned Teams cost 100K each; Goblin Teams pay 50K each.
    - “Home Feeld Udvantij” now grants +1 Fan Factor.
    - Only Sanctioned Teams may purchase the Leader skill (I was inspired by (AKA stole) the rules for Chaos Cup to make this change).
    - Fouling Points are still being tracked for Best Fouler but are no longer a tie-breaker.
    - Bribes may no longer be used in conjuncture with sneaking a goblin on the pitch. You can still attempt it but, if you’re caught, it’s an automatic ejection and turnover.

Removing Fouling Points as a tie-breaker was a tough decision. While it was very theme-rich it made it very time-consuming to score between rounds. I am still keeping “Best Fouler” as the #2 award for the tournament but in order to make the tournament run the smoothest I decided to remove them as a tie-breaker to make best use of the Score software.

grant85Offline
Post subject: RE: Blingtoof  PostPosted: May 09, 2013 - 08:12 AM

Canada
just a heads up: Friday is the 2nd, Saturday is the 3rd.....according to the hammercon site anyways

NAF NTO, Canada
NAF Membership Coordinator, Canada

grant85Offline
Post subject: RE: Blingtoof  PostPosted: May 09, 2013 - 08:14 AM

Canada
....nope Saturday IS the 2nd........those hammercon kids need to update their friggin site already, lol

NAF NTO, Canada

wapcapletsOffline
Post subject: RE: Blingtoof  PostPosted: May 17, 2013 - 07:40 AM

Hamilton, Ontario
Hey, guys! Just a reminder that the deadline for getting in what you want from the first Impact group order is two weeks from today. So far I haven't gotten anything concrete from anyone so please e-mail blingtoof@engler.ca with what you'd like to order.

If you have e-mailed me and, for some reason, it didn't reach me please reply here so we can work it out. Thank you!

TaxalOffline
Post subject: RE: Blingtoof  PostPosted: May 17, 2013 - 08:30 AM

Canada
DAMN!!!!

Weekend with the kids. Another year I cannot make it. So want to play a fellow stunty style tournament. Next year I guess.

wapcapletsOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Blingtoof  PostPosted: May 17, 2013 - 09:15 PM

Hamilton, Ontario
      wapcaplets wrote:
Hey, guys! Just a reminder that the deadline for getting in what you want from the first Impact group order is two weeks from today. So far I haven't gotten anything concrete from anyone so please e-mail blingtoof@engler.ca with what you'd like to order.

If you have e-mailed me and, for some reason, it didn't reach me please reply here so we can work it out. Thank you!

Bring them! It's only a one-day tourney. Make a weekend of it in The Hammer!

TaxalOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Blingtoof  PostPosted: May 18, 2013 - 08:00 AM

Canada
I pm'd you here with what I want to order.

wapcapletsOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Blingtoof  PostPosted: May 27, 2013 - 01:18 PM

Hamilton, Ontario
Just a reminder that this Friday is the deadline for the group order from Impact! PM me here or e-mail blingtoof@engler.ca with your order.

AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Blingtoof  PostPosted: Jun 10, 2013 - 09:39 AM

Toronto, ON
Is registration open yet? A bunch of us are going to come up from Toronto by the sounds of it.

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

frostmaneOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Blingtoof  PostPosted: Jun 10, 2013 - 12:40 PM

Toronto
Last year was 14, with the XTBBF making a showing I have no doubts that all 20 spots will get taken especially if the Yanks show up. Should be a good one!

grant85Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Blingtoof  PostPosted: Jun 10, 2013 - 07:34 PM

Canada
"Pre-registration is now closed" ???

http://www.hammercon.ca/register

did we miss it or am i messed up again?

NAF NTO, Canada

kikurasisOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Blingtoof  PostPosted: Jun 10, 2013 - 08:49 PM

Canada
That looks like it was for 2012.

wapcapletsOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Blingtoof  PostPosted: Jun 12, 2013 - 08:13 AM

Hamilton, Ontario
Kikursis is correct. Hammercon still has their 2012 registration page up. I'll make sure to alert in this thread and on twitter/FB when the reg link goes live.

wapcapletsOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Blingtoof  PostPosted: Jun 19, 2013 - 11:17 AM

Hamilton, Ontario
PITCHES, BITCHES!

If you're interested in a Blingtoof pitch from FF-Fields and/or Blingtoof re-roll counters check the top post for details. I'm doing one (and only one) order for these in early August so you need to get me your orders on or before July 31st, 2013.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic