NAF Logo
leftstar Mar 19, 2024 - 01:22 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
No sir, this isn't my Death-Roller. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PurplegooOffline
Post subject: Road to the NAF Championship 2015  PostPosted: Oct 09, 2014 - 12:56 PM

England
The NAF and FUMBBL are pleased to announce the Road to the NAF Championship 2015!

The Road to the NAFC 2014 was a knock out tournament for rookie teams hosted by Cyanide, and the prize was a ticket to the NAFC in Nottingham, UK. This year, FUMBBL will host the tournament, and it will be the first online tabletop resurrection style tournament sanctioned by the NAF. The winner will once again receive the prize of a ticket to the NAF Championship (http://member.thenaf.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6399) worth £55!

The Road to the NAFC will be contested over 6 rounds of Swiss competition and will use the same rules as the NAFC (see the newly released 2015 rulespack here: http://www.thenaf.net/downloads/NAFC2015.pdf). The Road to the NAFC is set to be the first of ongoing online NAF sanctioned resurrection style events; hopefully allowing members to track their progress via a new ‘online variant’ ranking system. For FUMBBL coaches old and new, this functionality will also be extended to user organised events similar those already running in the [L]eague division there.

For anyone that doesn't know, the NAF Championship is the biggest tabletop Blood Bowl individual tournament of the year and one of the five yearly NAF Majors. Held at the East Midlands Conference Centre, Nottingham, UK (http://www.deverevenues.co.uk/en/venues/east-midlands-conference-centre-orchard-hotel/), the 2014 running of the tournament attracted over 170 coaches, and 2015 could be even bigger.

Full details of the Road to the NAFC will be announced later in the year. In the mean time, please discuss and ask any questions you might have in the TFF or NAF forum threads! I'm really looking forward to this form of the game going digital and the collaboration between FUMBBL and the NAF!

I'll pop into the thread periodically to answer any questions you might have as best I can.

Reply with quote Back to top
ManuelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 28, 2014 - 04:57 AM

Spain
Shocked now this are GREAT news!
I look forward to online NAF sanctioned games. Given that Fumbbl has a Rulebook almost perfect (if not already perfect) with the new client, it only makes sense that tournaments can be organized there that are also registered in the NAF.

PurplegooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 30, 2014 - 11:45 AM

England
All,

We’re almost there. In just under two short weeks, the Road to the NAF Championship will be underway! On the evening of the 12th of January, the tournament will be GO!

Please find a rulespack containing details on rosters, scoring, prizes and lots of other useful information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zbiiajpe5d5xs31/RTTNAFC%202015%20Rulespack.pdf?dl=0. One current omission is instruction on how to create your team with FUMBBL's new resurrection interface and apply it to the tournament; please expect an update on that here very shortly indeed as work goes on behind the scenes to make the tournament a reality.

The rulespack contains links that should get any new user started on their FUMBBL journey. Anyone can do it, and you should join NAF tournaments online in 2015!

In the mean time, for those currently without a FUMBBL account, the GLN article referencing the future of online tournaments has been reproduced here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwt9bz3qalqljkc/Road%20to%20the%20NAF%20Championship%20-%20GLN.pdf?dl=0.

Any questions or queries, please post here or drop me a PM. 2015 is going to be quite the year. I look forward to seeing you online!

Should the Dropbox links not work for you, please find the rulespack reproduced here: https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=9298. The original GLN article is linked there (for which you'll require a FUMBBL login).

Excited? I am! Very Happy

Last edited by Purplegoo on Jan 16, 2015 - 12:13 PM; edited 1 time in total

TrEnNOffline
Post subject: How to sign up for the tourney  PostPosted: Jan 10, 2015 - 02:04 AM

Hi

Purplegoo, after reading the rules and the forum threads i still dont understand how to sign up for this tourney.

Could you please clarify ?

Thanks in advance

Lasse

sann0638Offline
Post subject: RE: How to sign up for the tourney  PostPosted: Jan 11, 2015 - 01:34 AM
President

England
Hi Lasse
You can't yet - it's in the final stages of sorting, then full details will be available on here, TFF and Fumbbl.
Mike

PurplegooOffline
Post subject: RE: How to sign up for the tourney  PostPosted: Jan 11, 2015 - 12:16 PM

England
I've just had word that we are ready to go on team creation for the tournament. I'm not at home currently, so expect a full announcement / instructions (and a ruleset amendment) first thing tomorrow morning (and I will post it everywhere I can think of, including here).

In light of the timing, we will put off kickoff until Friday evening to ensure that we leave enough time for everyone to sign up.

Big cheer for Christer's hard work. Here we go! Smile

Lasse; thanks for the question. First thing tomorrow, you'll be able to make a team, and I'll post full instructions. Cheers!

PurplegooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 12, 2015 - 01:48 AM

England
All,

Thank you very much indeed for your patience. We are there. The rulespack has been updated to reflect our new start day (Friday!) and details on making a team and applying to the tournament. This section is reproduced below. Please pay very special attention indeed to the notes on how we'll be handling inducements; the process will be very much 'by hand'. Bear this in mind when making a team.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise, get a team made! Very Happy

GO!

FUMBBL Team Creation and Application to the Tournament

• Teams for the RTTNAFC should be created via this link: https://fumbbl.com/p/createteam?op=race&league=9298

o Select your race and team name (see the Useful links section below for advice on making a FUMBBL team)

o On the team page, change ‘Progression’ from ‘Standard’ to ‘None’

o Select all of your players, re-rolls, etc. and click ‘submit for approval’

o Ensure your team complies with the FUMBBL disclaimer pop-up

o The following screen allows then you to select your 6 skills for the tournament

• NAF coaches should record their NAF nick (if different to their FUMBBL username) and NAF number in the team bio section following team creation. This will help us in the recording and ranking of online games

• Any inducements you wish to use should be left out of your team creation process and listed in the team bio

o Example: I wish to create a Wood Elf team with two rostered Bloodwiser Babes. I spend 1.0M of my allotted 1.1M gold crowns and select my skills
o I then write my team bio: NAF name: Purplegoo, NAF number: 11777, Inducements: 2 x Bloodwiser Babes

• When you play a match in the tournament, select your listed inducements when the client loads up as you would normally by spending your remaining treasury

o It is important that you only use the inducments that you have declared in your team bio. For example, the Wood Elf team described above could not decide that in one match, they would rather induce a wandering apothecary than the babes

o In the event that non ‘rostered’ inducments are selected in the client by a coach, the match result will be void and the game awarded to the opponent

• When teams have been created, they should be applied to this group: https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9298&op=view

o Click the ‘group members’ tab and then use the ‘apply for membership’ dropdown

PurplegooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 13, 2015 - 11:31 AM

England
The FUMBBL thread has been updated with a short FAQ: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=25521&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0. Please have a look if you have a Q!

114 applicants after 36 hours of applications. Not bad, still time for you to apply!

PurplegooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 15, 2015 - 11:15 AM

England
24 hours to go, and almost 190 coaches!

Get them in! Smile

PurplegooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 16, 2015 - 03:21 PM

England
We are.... GO!

254 coaches, it's going to be ace. Good luck, everyone! Very Happy

PurplegooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 04, 2015 - 03:33 PM

England
Group PM copy / paste:

Hi all,

As you may know, FUMBBL experienced a power outage this evening. Whist this was only a couple of hours, it did occur right in the middle of site prime time, 48 hours from our deadline.

On the basis this means some scheduled games would not have been played, the round will be extended to incorporate one more weeknight evening.

Round 3 will now end Monday night, Feb. 9th, 22:00 server time.

Subsequent rounds will run Monday - Monday.

Many thanks for your patience, if you have not already played this round or were due to play this evening, please redouble your efforts to complete your game, and everyone tune in Monday night for our round 4 draw!

Phil / Purplegoo.

Expect the rulespacks to be updated with this new round structure shortly.

PurplegooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 23, 2015 - 02:30 AM

England
We are moving into our last round tonight, and I will bring news of our exciting final very shortly. We have had one or two coaches have to leave us due to unforseen circumstances over the last couple of days, so this represents an excellent opportunity for a coach new to FUMBBL to join us for one game and see how you like it. Interested? Drop me a PM and we'll get you some online NAF action!

PurplegooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 24, 2015 - 11:07 AM

England
Hi all,

The final of the Road to the NAFC will take place this Friday at 21:30 server time. You'd be mad to miss the big one, so come join me in the stands to see straume and Diceskill slug it out for the right to be our champion. This is a great opportunity for any of you that aren't currently FUMBBLers to come spectate a game and see what all the fuss is about.

For more "analysis", check the Purple Picks thread (https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=630388#630388), where you'll find (all too) lengthy news about our final round.

PurplegooOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 02, 2015 - 02:26 PM

England
Congratulations to our winner, straume, we'll see you in Nottingham!

I've opened a wrap-up / feedback thread, please feel free to pop in and have a look. url=https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=631111#631111

Expect more news on the next online NAF event soon!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic