NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 27, 2024 - 07:19 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Who remembers Dirty Player? rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MurOffline
Post subject: Doubts with the organizer bonus  PostPosted: Jan 21, 2015 - 09:22 AM

Spain
Organizer bonus: +1 point per 10 coaches in the tournament
(only for
organizers who
do not play in their own event).

Code:
(Note that this is unlikely to be of much use in a
Structured Series, but offers some consolation for organizers who miss out on playing in
their own events in Open Series.

I don't understand the explanation between brackets in the highlighted box.

As an organizer I never play my own tournaments. And I'm actually running two attached to a Structured Series.

The question is:

Why is unlikely to use? Because is expected that I play?

Reply with quote Back to top
Darkson
Post subject: RE: Doubts with the organizer bonus  PostPosted: Jan 21, 2015 - 10:51 AM

Undisclosed
Many organisers play, most have themselves down as the "spare" coach in case of odd numbers or drop-outs.
I don't think it's a written in stone rule though - I know the SWTC doesn't use it.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

GaixoOffline
Post subject: RE: Doubts with the organizer bonus  PostPosted: Jan 21, 2015 - 02:09 PM
Former President

United States of America
No, it's unlikely to be used because Structured Series are limited to only several top scores. So a bonus of fewer than 10 points (and in most cases more like 1-4 points) is unlikely to qualify that tournament for inclusion in most people's list of top scores.

So it's really designed to keep organizers competitive in Open Series, in which every tournament score counts. It still probably doesn't do much for frequent organizers, but at least it gives them something.

TojurubOffline
Post subject: RE: Doubts with the organizer bonus  PostPosted: Jan 21, 2015 - 03:51 PM

Germany
Another reason of these points are unlikely to appear in structured series is the fact that most of the series will require a 2nd race to be used for the best x of y tourneys. Towards what race will these points count?

on a similar page, the points for each tournament day only makes sense if you have 2-day and 1-day tourneys within your series, otherwise, if all tourneys last two days, ALL participants would get 6 points automatcally. These bonus points were mentioned to have the longer tourneys be more "valuable" than shorter tourneys..... but there are other means to do that as well, e.g the SWTC divides the points for 1-day tourney in half.

2nd place Royal RumBBL 2015 and White Star Cup 2016
.....and now Ex-Vize-Prez

MurOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 22, 2015 - 12:18 AM

Spain
Ok, I missed the point that Open Series does not count the best 3/4 tournaments.

Now it makes more sense to me... Razz

Thanks for your answers!

VerrinhoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 10, 2015 - 04:16 AM

Italy
I have another question regarding the Organizer bonus:

why is it not giving the bonus of 0,1 cumulative points of attendance? let's say that I have organized a tournament and I finished my season with the best results as 42 points and played every tournament except my own one. another player made the same 42 points out of every tournament in the series, so he will be ahead of me in the standings just because I took care to be an organizer in a tournament and not played it. hopefully this will be changed in the future as I find id highly disadvantageous to be an organizer!

TojurubOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 10, 2015 - 06:06 AM

Germany
Please note that this is just a recommendation. Every Series may set their own rules regarding to this. Please read the rules once more and see the difference between the Must-Have rules and the recommendations. Nobody is forced to use the organizer bonus.

so in your example, the organizer gets points for every 10 coaches attending his tourney, so if 20 coaches show up, he will get 2 points: 42+2=44 and he wins the series Smile

2nd place Royal RumBBL 2015 and White Star Cup 2016
.....and now Ex-Vize-Prez

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 10, 2015 - 08:08 AM

Undisclosed
      Tojurub wrote:
Please note that this is just a recommendation. Every Series may set their own rules regarding to this. Please read the rules once more and see the difference between the Must-Have rules and the recommendations. Nobody is forced to use the organizer bonus.

This. If there had been a rigid "you must score this way" rule-set handed down then the SWTC would have been ineligible straight away, and I don't think we'd have wanted to take part.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

VerrinhoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 26, 2015 - 07:38 AM

Italy
thanks for the answers Smile

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic