NAF Logo
leftstar May 11, 2024 - 04:19 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Griff fancies Zara! Heard it from Varag..... rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 04, 2007 - 11:11 AM

Canada
Serious thread necromancy on this one!

But for the record, my goal is to make one of every team in plastic (with the exception of my halflings). There are teams where I could make the models out of plastic, but there really are some superb metal ones out there (I am particularly thinking of werewolves at this point). But with creativity, and a healthy bitz box, I think you could maker just about any team.

I currently have made up in plastic:

skaven
dark elf
orc
nurgles rotters
chaos
lizardmen
goblin
ogres
necro (with metal wolves)
norse (still working on them - but the ulfwerners will be sweet!)

On some teams I am opting for models that I really like, like the Shadowforge bunny team, I can use them as humans or 'zons - will figure it out when I wan to make more plastic teams!

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Reply with quote Back to top
sann0638Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 13, 2007 - 06:12 AM
President

England
I just made a plastic Ogre team out of the Heroquest Ogres and the Gnoblar regiment. Some helmet problems with green stuff - they do slightly look as if they are wearing bonnets. Ah well.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 13, 2007 - 03:37 PM

Canada
      sann0638 wrote:
I just made a plastic Ogre team out of the Heroquest Ogres and the Gnoblar regiment. Some helmet problems with green stuff - they do slightly look as if they are wearing bonnets. Ah well.

My ogres are all Mexican masked wretlers (luchadores) I should post some picturs of them (when they are more complete) But you could always turn those "bonnets" into masks!

Temujin71Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 16, 2007 - 03:20 PM

United States of America
I made a chaos dwarf team out of plastic and greenstuff

a plastic dwarf warriors box and orc standards for the chaos dwarves

night goblins replaced the hobs

boar body, orc torso and arms and ogre kingdom's standard for bull cents (not yet finished)

only the mino is metal

sann0638Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 17, 2007 - 07:32 AM
President

England
Here are my heroquest ogres - chopped up and put back together:

Probably need another one for a full team, though!

Thoughts welcome,

Mike

BB_BabeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 17, 2007 - 09:14 AM

My very first 2 teams were a Skeleton team and a half-Skaven/half-DarkElf team made from the first generations plastic regiments boxes. I've recently updated the Skellies to Khemri by carving 2e plastic Humans into mummies, a pretty easy conversion using just a small variety of X-Acto blades:
Legion

I've also recently been touching up the paint on some of my older plastic teams and posting pix at TBB.

I still like the 2e plastic Orcs. Some simple arm-repositioning breaks up the pose monotony, and they're really great to paint since they're not cluttered with excess detail. I just added a metal Troll, 3 metal and 1 plastic Goblins to bring the roster up to date:
The Bloodaxes

2e plastic Dwarves benefit from simply rearranging the spiky bits for variety:
Dwarf All Stars

I currently have my 2e plastic Elves and Humans on the paint table for their touch ups.

Cheers,
Mo

Some Boston Blood Bowl Stuff
http://redwings-wilder.livejournal.com/

BB_BabeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 20, 2007 - 11:29 AM

Spazzfist wrote:
My ogres are all Mexican masked wretlers (luchadores) I should post some picturs of them (when they are more complete)

Shocked Laughing Wow, I've never been at a loss to create my own teams, but that idea is just so good I might have to steal it! I've trimmed and primed the Ogre set I got as the doorprize at the DeathBowl, but haven't started thinking about paint schemes yet. If we meet at a tourney, we'd have rival wresting teams vying for control of the MWF, what a pay-per-view event Twisted Evil

Must ponder options...... Mexicans? Or maybe a Kaiju Big Battel team might work?
http://www.kaiju.com/

Cheers,
Mo

Some Boston Blood Bowl Stuff
http://redwings-wilder.livejournal.com/

BuggritOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 01, 2007 - 04:30 AM

In your dugout pimping your cheerleaders!
      Squiggoth wrote:
I think the Heroquest Undead are amongst the best Undead GW ever did (the Heroquest zombies for example are a lot better than the big-handed, swollen headed, funny hairdo wearing things they call zombies nowadays...).

If you love the old HQ undead you should check out Heresy Miniatures new zombies Smile

bampfOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 01, 2007 - 02:09 PM

I try to use plastics exclusively (and pretty much never use actual BB miniatures for my teams).

My plastic lizards from the regiment boxes:
http://www.zinak.com/pics/purple

Here is my chaos team using mostly plastic Beastmen with a couple metal Chaos lords and Warmachine figures for the warriors:
http://www.bampf.com/images/bb/minions

For skaven you can take a couple different approaches. I used a Night Runner box for my GRs and Throwers, a Clan Rats box for the linos and then I armoured up a couple of plastic plaguemonks for stormies, along with a plastic RO. Team came out very nice. But no pics yet. My roomate used plague monks for the linos, Night runners for GRs and RO Packmasters (they come with the plastic RO) as Stormies. His team is here:
http://www.zinak.com/pics/scurvy

I have a norse team made from plastic Marauders that is being painted now and am currently working on converting plastic High elves, but it is a daunting task. They are not particularly good scuplts and they are very un-dynamic.

ThorfinnOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 03, 2007 - 06:29 PM

I am also a huge fan of plastic models. This is my first post so bear with me.
I converted my team Running Scared using the pre-Skull Pass Night Goblins.
I was very pleased with how they came out as I'm not the most experienced
convertor or painter for that matter. I did use some metal models however.
2 BB river trolls, Goblin Shaman(apothecary), Night Goblin Shaman(wizard/team owner),
and a converted Grom the Paunch as my head coach Beefy McSurly.

lauth81Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 04, 2007 - 12:43 AM

Germany
I did the almost same for my Goblins ...

Pre-Skull Pass Nightgoblin Box for all the goblin players except one (converting 3 of them into pogo-stick, chainsaw-wielder and bomber). Exception was the fanatic, which is a standard (metal) fanatic. Apo is the nightgoblin shaman, counters are the various goblin musicians (the one with the gong from the box and the 2 from the squig herders). Trolls: the BB river troll and another WHFB river troll sans weapons.

I plan to make a chaos team out of plastics. I kind of like the BB norse team, I guess I would rather paint them than convert a marauders box. I was looking into Woodelves to convert, but so far I didn´t find anything I liked.

TaxalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 24, 2008 - 11:26 AM

Canada
Myself I wanted a Khemri team and did not like the metal team that was available. So with abit of patience and alot of green stuff I took the Tomb Kings skeletons and converted the whole team. Custom wraps on the Mummies and each fig with a torn up jersey. Clocked in around 50 to 60 hours on the team, but the end result was way better than the metal team.

When it comes to converting plastics for a new team, the guy to talk to would be Spazzfist. His Ogre and Nurgle teams are top notch stuff people. From everything like wrestling masks on the Ogres to magnetic arms to be able to change mutations on the Nurgle team.

The only thing I can say is plan out the conversions before you start.

Harry_MuddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 24, 2008 - 02:18 PM

All plastic teams...

Had a Night Goblin team made from the old NG Rgeiment sent...had to use meta trols though...

Am working on the obligatory plastic orc team...used the plastc black orcs and they look sooooo dam hard its unbelievable...

Just finished converting chaos team...basically used the plastic beastment set...used some of the Armoured heads for representing ST skills...used ungors to represent the ones that will become catchers/ball handlers...had to mail order one of the newer chaos warrior sprues and it kinda sucks that they have the cloaks and all but they do the job...still stying to figure out a plastic option for the Minotaur...was thinking the GW spawn..?

With the new Undead plastics the NEcro/Undead/Khemri teams are begging for a go...

Was thinking dark elf but just keep getting drawn into using Wytches for the Witch Elves and Runers, Incubi for Blitzers and the Dark Eldar scouty things (cant remember the dam names!?!?!) for the assassins...

but i'm straying off topic so will end there...

hitomikitageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 26, 2008 - 09:43 PM

I actually just finished up a Chaos team with a Khorne theme by using the new plastic Bloodletter box (10 plastic Bloodletters for $20) and chopping off the weapons to use in place of beastmen. I then picked up the Chaos Warriors regiment (splitting it with a friend who is doing the same thing, but with Daemonettes of Slannesh) and made a couple modifications with a Chaos Space Marine mutation sprue (also chopping off the weapons for the arms that aren't mutations.) Finally, I am using the new metal 3-headed named Flesh Hound in place of a minotaur.

I haven't based them yet, and I am not a spectacular painter, but they look good and very much like a BB team.

Thanks,
Howard

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 27, 2008 - 06:13 AM

Canada
      Harry_Mudd wrote:
job...still stying to figure out a plastic option for the Minotaur...was thinking the GW spawn..?

The old Warhammer Quest set came with three plastic minotaurs. If you can get your hands on one of those, you're good to go.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic