NAF Logo
leftstar Apr 18, 2024 - 07:52 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
The Human team is overpowered. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
frostmaneOffline
32 Post subject: Orion Cup 2016: The Golden Ball - June 18th, Toronto, ON  PostPosted: Apr 16, 2016 - 09:41 PM

Toronto
The Orion Cup, Toronto's longest running (?) and most handsome (unquestionable) one day tournament returns to Meeplemart this June 18th. This year's tournament will be suspiciously similar to last year's outing with a few tweaks to the rules package (rules to follow)

However, the following details should be fairly set

247 Spadina Ave
Lower level
Toronto ON, M5T 3A8

SCHEDULE:
11:00 - 11:15 Registration
11:15 - 11:30 Setup and trash talk
11:30 - 01:30 Game 1
02:15 - 04:15 Game 2
04:30 - 06:30 Game 3
06:30 - 07:00 Awards and closure

Due to store hours we will be enforcing fairly strict 2 hour rounds.

COST:
$15 for NAF members
$15 for non-NAF (of which $5 will go towards membership)

STYLE:
Resurrection, Swiss match-making and 3/1/0 points for wins, draws and losses.

TEAM BUILD:
Each coach will receive 1100K gold crowns. This money can be used to hire players, cheerleaders, assistant coaches and star players and purchase fan factors, rerolls, apothecaries and inducements. At least 50K of the 1100K have to be used to buy inducements (e.g. Bloodweiser babes, star players, bribes, special play cards, chef etc.). These inducements will be fixed for all three matches.

According to their tier, teams will receive an additional amount of money to purchase skills for their players. No player can receive more than two skills, and no stat upgrades may be purchased. Normal skills cost 20K, double skills 30K.

Tier 1 teams receive 70K: Amazons, Chaos Dwarves, Dark Elves, Dwarves, Lizardmen, Norse, Orcs, Skaven, Undead, Wood Elves.
Tier 2 teams receive 110K: Chaos, Chaos Pact, High Elves, Humans, Khemri, Necromantic, Nurgle, Pro Elves
Tier 3 teams receive 140K: Slann, Underworld, Vampires
Tier 4 teams receive 170K: Goblins, Halflings, Ogres

The Leader skill may only be taken as a NORMAL skill.

BONUS:
Each coach who submits the final roster to orioncup2016@gmail.com before June 17th AND shows up before 11:15AM on Saturday will receive a free random "Miscellaneous Mayhem" card to use once throughout the tournament.

CLARIFICATIONS:
There is no minimum amount of players before purchasing star players, but you have to field at least 11 players.
If both coaches field the same star player, both clones will play, but gain the skill "Disturbing Presence" for this match.
If a coach chooses to induce a special play card, the card will be randomized before each match. Decks can be chosen before each match.
Important: all fatalities inflicted from blocks, fouls, secret weapons and crowd-surfs count towards total number of casualties (i.e. not failed dodges etc.).
Unless stated otherwise, the CRP rules apply.

NOTES:
Due to the limiting opening hours, the 2h play time will be strictly enforced.
There shall be various awards.
Special play cards will be provided, as well as teams if possible. Please inquire.
All CAS caused will count: this includes fouls and crowd pushes.

A note about unpainted teams
If you wish to play an unpainted team we won't turn you away, but there will be a non-trivial in-game penalty should you choose to do so.

• Any non-painted team will automatically get 0 FAME and give their (painted) opponent +1 FAME to a maximum of 2
  • Any non-painted team will automatically lose any Cheering Fans results to a painted team

Last edited by frostmane on Apr 28, 2016 - 10:36 PM; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
grant85Offline
Post subject: RE: Orion Cup 2016: The Golden Ball - June 18th, Toronto, ON  PostPosted: Apr 20, 2016 - 02:47 PM

Canada
I will attend...and maybe bring a friend.....if I can find one by June.

ALL cas count? very interested in the game points for the tourney

NAF NTO, Canada
NAF Membership Coordinator, Canada

frostmaneOffline
Post subject: RE: Orion Cup 2016: The Golden Ball - June 18th, Toronto, ON  PostPosted: Apr 24, 2016 - 12:59 PM

Toronto
All CAS count last year too. I should point out that all CAS and armor breaks will get counted, and factored into an award somehow. Reported CAS to the NAF may be standard SPP CAS though.

Mostly trying to avoid a situation where someone breaks a ton of armor, rolls no CAS and has a feel band moment.

grant85Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Orion Cup 2016: The Golden Ball - June 18th, Toronto  PostPosted: Apr 26, 2016 - 04:03 PM

Canada
      frostmane wrote:
Mostly trying to avoid a situation where someone breaks a ton of armor, rolls no CAS and has a feel band moment.

hahaha, WTF are you on about? what is a "band" moment. if you mean bad then that is some weak sauce, dice are dice. meh, your call but that is a heck of a lot of tracking all day

frostmaneOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Orion Cup 2016: The Golden Ball - June 18th, Tor  PostPosted: Apr 28, 2016 - 10:41 PM

Toronto
Rules are updated. It's almost the same as last year but with a small restriction on the Leader skill and the rules governing using an unpainted team. So if you've got an unpainted team and are going for 24 AND can't find someone to lend you a painted team you can play it, but the crowd isn't going to like it (and you'll probably lose most kickoff results as a result).

For what it's worth I wanted to get data about how often people broke armour but didn't get a CAS so I could give a "worst luck" award, but realized that it probably makes people feel bad to keep track of how much the dice were abusing them, and also it would probably feel pretty crappy to get second in that category. Also Grant seems to hate fun, so, let's just blame it on that.

grant85Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Orion Cup 2016: The Golden Ball - June 18th, Tor  PostPosted: Apr 29, 2016 - 12:49 PM

Canada
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LyKBfp3ov0

frostmaneOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Orion Cup 2016: The Golden Ball - June 18th, Tor  PostPosted: Apr 29, 2016 - 06:11 PM

Toronto
I was thinking of recording the longest completed pass and call it the grant85 dice cup toss award.

But then I realized it probably wouldn't make you feel bad enough.

frostmaneOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Orion Cup 2016: The Golden Ball - June 18th, Tor  PostPosted: May 18, 2016 - 02:31 PM

Toronto
Alright folks, we're about a month out now, let's get some sign ups going! I don't expect to meet Alex's impressive standard from last year, but hopefully we can get a good group out for Toronto's favourite 3 game, one day, laid back Blood Bowl tournament!

grant85Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Orion Cup 2016: The Golden Ball - June 18th,  PostPosted: May 19, 2016 - 05:43 AM

Canada
      frostmane wrote:
Alright folks, we're about a month out now, let's get some sign ups going! I don't expect to meet Alex's impressive standard from last year, but hopefully we can get a good group out for Toronto's favourite 3 game, one day, laid back Blood Bowl tournament!

June 17th is years from now......lol

genghisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2016 - 08:11 AM

Canada
I'm in. I want to see if I can borrow a Goblin team for this.

frostmaneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2016 - 06:14 PM

Toronto
      genghis wrote:
I'm in. I want to see if I can borrow a Goblin team for this.

I've got the goblins, but only one painted troll. And the fanatic recently lost his ball and chain.

StimmeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2016 - 06:21 PM

Germany
I can give you one.

On a side note: Since we had the tournament repeatedly referred to and misspelled as "O'Ryan Cup", Kevin is considering changing the name to the much easier memorable name "The Dice Thing". Stay tuned for updates.

grant85Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 20, 2016 - 06:44 AM

Canada
      Stimme wrote:

On a side note: Since we had the tournament repeatedly referred to and misspelled as "O'Ryan Cup", Kevin is considering changing the name to the much easier memorable name "The Dice Thing". Stay tuned for updates.

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA! dirty engler burn lol

genghisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 20, 2016 - 08:28 AM

Canada
The O'Ryan Cup. Toronto's finest Guinness and whiskey themed tournament.

frostmaneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 31, 2016 - 12:00 PM

Toronto
Hey all,

I'm going to need to figure out table configuration as Meeplemart has changed their gaming space significantly since last year. If you're planning on coming can you drop a quick note here so I have an idea? Also because actual low tables are now somewhat limited, if you have a problem with standing at a high top table for a game please let me know. I'll try to make sure that people avoid having to play 2 games in a row on a high top, but with Swiss it might not be totally possible.

Thanks, sorry for the inconvenience.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic