NAF Logo
leftstar Sep 26, 2024 - 04:05 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Talk Blood Bowl is down. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should a Thrower be added to the Slann roster?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
No
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
It Depends (I'll explain below)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

canvasbackOffline
Post subject: Slann, should they have Throwers?  PostPosted: Sep 15, 2024 - 10:53 AM

United States of America
What do people think? Before the 2020 rules changes you could build one out of a catcher or a Blitzer if you really wanted to. Should a team with catchers that have diving catch not have someone chucking the ball at them? In the instances I've been able to play them under the new rule set I don't dare pass anymore and I wonder if there are other Slann players who feel the team has lost something as a result?

Reply with quote Back to top
DirkOffline
Post subject: RE: Slann, should they have Throwers?  PostPosted: Sep 17, 2024 - 12:38 PM

Germany
I voted for no, but its not that I am totally against it. It is more that also other teams do not have throwers and Slann have already enough special rules to make playing against them difficult without another threat.

But one thing I want to mention is that I asked for looking at Slann in the annual review and perhaps align them to other teams by adding stars, College for Dungeon Bowl, ... with the option to do a Spike Journal like magazine if interest is there.

canvasbackOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Slann, should they have Throwers?  PostPosted: Sep 24, 2024 - 10:03 PM

United States of America
      Dirk wrote:
I voted for no, but its not that I am totally against it. It is more that also other teams do not have throwers and Slann have already enough special rules to make playing against them difficult without another threat.

I guess I'm coming at it from the perspective that prior to the 2020 rules set, the Slann could manufacture an effective throwing game using doubles rolls on catchers and blitzers while in a league. And now you basically have to hand off or go 50/50 on a quick pass. I use the Rolljordan miniatures and they have two versions of a thrower that I painted up and labelled "golden toads." basically only getting used if the development of a different position mimicked that role.
Ah well, apparently this was not as interesting to others as it was to me.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic