NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 16, 2024 - 06:12 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Fly little halfling, Fly rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MordreddOffline
Post subject: Touch back with no palyers  PostPosted: Aug 05, 2003 - 04:14 PM

England
Ok, here's a nice easy one for you! (I don't know if this has been asked before, so sorry if it's a repeat).

Skaven vs Orcs, last drive of the game. The Skaven have only one player left (in our league if you have less than 3 player you set up the one or two available on the line of scrimmage and play on). The crowd throw a rock, and whack the rat (dead dead dead he he Twisted Evil ). The Orc kicker then cleverly punts the ball into the cheap seats. Touch back. Confused Now what??

What we did was decide that it was roll kick off, scatter ball (touchback), give ball to only Skaven player there, kill the rat, scatter the ball from his square.

That was just a stop gap measure so that we could finish the game. It would be nice to get some feedback on what others would do in this situation so that we can have a consistent and appropriate house/official ruling on this.

Reply with quote Back to top
AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 05, 2003 - 04:40 PM

Toronto, ON
LOL, there's something you don't see everyday! The rules can't really cover freak things like this, so I think you guys did the right thing and just did what made sense at the time.

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 06, 2003 - 04:38 AM
Da Warboss

England
yep, that sounds like a good way of deciding it. Alternatively, you could just take the kickoff again

NAF #60

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 06, 2003 - 04:39 AM

England
Thanks. I've never seen, or heard of this happening before. Still, it was damn funny, especially as he has now had a storm vermin killed by the crowd, on the last drive of the game, in both of his games now. Laughing

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 06, 2003 - 06:36 AM

AnthonyTBBF wrote:
LOL, there's something you don't see everyday! The rules can't really cover freak things like this, so I think you guys did the right thing and just did what made sense at the time.

Ditto.

-Chet

BramboOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 07, 2003 - 11:19 AM

That must have been quite a game, it sounds like you both ignored the ball anyway and just went for each other Very Happy I'd be interested to know the team ratings.

YavatolOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 07, 2003 - 02:43 PM

I heard of a similar situation, where a whole team was lying stunned or worse after a pitch invasion. They used to throw in rules to determine where the ball ended up. Also a nice solution

DaveOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 - 03:38 AM
da Veiz-Prez

Netherlands
I think that is just what Galak advised to do in a Touch Back not possible situation.

YavatolOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 09, 2003 - 12:44 PM

Although it would be strange if the touchback occured somewhere down the LoS

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 11, 2003 - 08:56 AM

England
The Orcs were TR 126 and the Skaven TR 110, or something like that. Both teams have only played a few games, but there was a one roll handicap for the Skaven. It had no effect on the game as my Orcs had no niggling injury players to de affected by the virus.

The Skaven were playing a recovery game after getting mauled the game before, so only had something like 8 or 9 players to start with. My luck with the injuries was the reverse of my previous games, where I had scored exactly 0 casualties. I even got beat up by Wood Elves by 2 casualties to 0, but I did win 3-1.

The game finished 2-0 (would have been 3-0 if the gobbo with the ball had landed in the last turn after the above impossible touchback incident). There was no 'really going for each other. It takes quite a long time to run in a TD with an Orc thrower from deep in your own half (without go for its).

kaltenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 12, 2003 - 11:14 AM

heres one for ya all,

If we have a situation where one player can not field 3 players on the pitch the game gets stopped and awarded to the other side as a 2-0 (or whatever the score was if higher) win just like when the other team doesn't show up for the game. The ref just calls it off.

Download the SWARMM BloodBowl League Spreadsheet!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic