NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 30, 2024 - 04:22 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Miss Next Game. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ChrisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 19, 2003 - 01:10 PM

England
Incidentally, I'd want it to be NAF sanctioned, and while I'm fine with trees and stones, the Kick rules are horrible.

Reply with quote Back to top
noodle1978ukOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 20, 2003 - 04:12 AM

Well I think we'll be lucky to get it NAF sanctioned - as its NOT an open event (uni team event), but we'll see...

As for kicking rules - well no-one in our league can kick very well and we've been using it for ages... So I doubt it will have much effect even if I put it in...

More importantly there is the 24 hour Blood Bowl event for me to concentrate on in October - now that IS open....

Member #2351
Noodle's Tournies

AnthonyTBBFOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 20, 2003 - 05:32 AM

Toronto, ON
Invitationals can't be sanctioned by the NAF.

Orion Cup - June 8, 2013

noodle1978ukOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 21, 2003 - 02:53 AM

That's what I thought - How about sanctioning Sheffield uni's OPEN 24 hour charity event in October Very Happy

More details to follow - mind you I doubt many people will come (apart from about 20 "local" people Very Happy) as its run ALL NIGHT

I suppose the Nationals count as an invitational because University teams are invited. Fair enough.

Member #2351
Noodle's Tournies

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 21, 2003 - 03:03 AM
Da Warboss

England
might be tempted to the Open but really can't comfirm at this point.

Will a set number of games be played or just as many as possible?

NAF #60

noodle1978ukOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 21, 2003 - 06:30 AM

Full rules will be posted on the Website next month...

It will be a play-off system with a finals round.... Simple really... Best X games go forward so if you lose, you're not out of it. There will be some limited team progression too

Member #2351
Noodle's Tournies

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 21, 2003 - 06:44 AM
Da Warboss

England
when does it happen again?

NAF #60

ChrisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2003 - 06:35 AM

England
A summery of what I think.

Special rules.

Kicking.
Personnaly I hate the kicking rules, and wouldn't be too keen on coming if they were in.

Varient pitches.
Hmm, I quite like the idea, but how about doing it this way -
After round 1 (so from round too onward) the bottom 1 or 2 tables are these varient pitches. This represents the poorer grounds being used to make up the numbers, the top pitches are the FA style best of the best, and the lower ones the wellig united/chelski sandpit fields. You can even make these for a touch of specialness. Does make it feel more like Albion, especially since we lost Wembly Smile

Skill progression.
Rolling is great, if you roll well. Makes it a very unbalenced playing field towards the end for teams potnetially.
As had been said, what Richard did was after the third game players had a choice. Get a trait for any one player, get a second skill for any player that had been given one after the previous two rounds, or take two skills for two players.
No one got a trait, and only 1 out of 6 went for a model with two skills. Everyone else went for 2 skills on two players. I think offering this is fine, but you may be surprised how many spurn the trait or second skill.

Scoring.
What are you trying to achieve here? Do all the games in the nationals have to use a similar system, or have you simply decided on this? It's a bit strange, plus it also rewards playing a weak team. Your wood elves play a halfling side, much in the way of points. Yet another team with a different set of teams to play might never get the chance to play the halflings, play better overall, beat the Wood Elves, but lose because a weaker team got to play an easy side.Since it is in Albion, why not use the FA system, with twaeks for bloodbowl?
3 points ofr a win.
1 for a draw.
0 for a loss.
A win is a win is a win after all.
Then TD difference (For/Against), then Cas difference (For/Against), then total TD's then total Cas.
The system basically ensures whoever wins the most games wins overall.

Painting.
I'm not a fan of this being part of a scoring system, because a rich player can pay for a pro job to be done on his models, and then what are you actually judging here? Who bought the best paint job?
A seperate award open to those who painted their own team is better here, plus it rewards those who play for fun and to paint the models, as a good paint with crap tactics still walks away with something.

NAF santioning.
Surely you would be ale to get it if no-one applied to come who wasn't a university person? think most of the tournament going players are graduates or students, some of course aren't, but would they want to go to a place filled with students? Alternatively we could just lie and say they had a degree in gameology.

Prizes.
Get it NAF sanctioned and get some prizes from fanatic, do any of the other systems give out prizes? You would be head and shoulders above the rest!

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2003 - 06:40 AM
Da Warboss

England
what about an entry from people who are graduates of "the university of life"? could be a way of getting non grads in Smile

NAF #60

noodle1978ukOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2003 - 07:52 AM

OK I have a few points:

1) The 24 hour (which is most definitely open and has a very small prize because its for CHARITY) will PROBABLY be held on 25/26th October... Details next month (Spiky is the W/e before)

2) Student Nationals

a) Kicking - I was only going to use it for the last game for a bit of variety....

b) Points - Have changed them somewhat....

c) Painting. It WILL be in the points. Its the student Nationals. I will eat my hat if someone comes along who has paid someone to paint their miniatures....

d) NAF sanctioning. Not sure it is relevant. The Student Nationals are primarily a team event, with universities submitting team entries. Unless you get on a team you don't get in the event... I was advertising the Nationals everywhere to all students..... Well actually if you were a member of a uni society and graduated years ago you still get to go - I won the BB tournie last year and graduated in 2000. I *WAS* the chair of the wargames society though... Wink

e) Prizes - being as its the Nationals a trophy is generally all you get... Extra money goes to charity and the other games don't get prizes....

However if this event goes well I'll be looking to host a Sheffield tournament every year - the ABBL needs one Very Happy

And there is the 24 hour Bloodbowl to come in October.

Member #2351
Noodle's Tournies

HangusOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2003 - 11:21 AM

Undisclosed

24hours of Bloodbowl Shocked

heaven Very Happy

If the Uni of Glamorgan put a team in I might be there but three years there i never met another wargammer never mind a bloodbowler

noodle1978ukOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2003 - 11:58 AM

Very Happy
The 24 hour is manic
I don't expect many naffers along - I mean how would you get accom, but I'll advertise it anyway - and it *is* for charity...

Member #2351
Noodle's Tournies

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2003 - 12:08 PM

Undisclosed
Now, you see, thing like this make me wish I'd gone to uni rather than gettting a job Sad

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

HangusOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2003 - 12:12 PM

Undisclosed

did'nt miss much.

apart from meeting the missus there. Smile

oh and got me my job
Very Happy
hey and 15 grand in dept and still paying it off three years later Sad
and probably for the rest of my life Crying or Very sad

ChrisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 28, 2003 - 04:09 AM

England
      noodle1978uk wrote:
OK I have a few points:
a) Kicking - I was only going to use it for the last game for a bit of variety....

b) Points - Have changed them somewhat....

c) Painting. It WILL be in the points. Its the student Nationals. I will eat my hat if someone comes along who has paid someone to paint their miniatures....

d) NAF sanctioning. Not sure it is relevant. The Student Nationals are primarily a team event, with universities submitting team entries. Unless you get on a team you don't get in the event... I was advertising the Nationals everywhere to all students..... Well actually if you were a member of a uni society and graduated years ago you still get to go - I won the BB tournie last year and graduated in 2000. I *WAS* the chair of the wargames society though... Wink

a) Fairy snuff, what teams does it favour? High Ag ones?
b) What to.
c) If any NAF people turn up, be prepared to scoff said headpiece, and the NAF graduates seem to have a fair amount of well painted pro teams Smile
d) It's always a laugh, and pushs peoples rankings up (or down). As for teams, you could say OU and who would know? Smile Actually if Lancaster enters a team they should lie through their teeth and say whoever is part of their teams.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic