NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 16, 2024 - 04:49 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Waterbowl are the world champions! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JJBOffline
Post subject: Necromancer's spell on an opposing undead...  PostPosted: Aug 20, 2003 - 08:25 PM

I already posted this message in talkbloodbowl.com but the variety of replies I've obtained so far only confirm what I thought: there is much disagreement about this issue, and I hope a member of the BBRC will spot this thread to give us all poor BB players an authoritative answer...

Here is the original message:

I had a ruling from the Blood Bowl at Nottingham about this, but it seems some people don't agree clearly about it..., so I'd like a confirmation of this issue that everyone in TBB can be able to see.

The issue:
Playing undead v undead (or any team that has hired players with regeneration), I kill a player of the other team who has regeneration.
Do I not have to wait for the opponent to fail his regeneration roll before the reanimating spell of my necromancer comes into play?...

I actually was told during the BB that I could actually even regenerate an enemy skeleton into a zombie, as soon as my opponent tried and failed his regeneration, but I've had people who later argued about how things were supposed to be done more recently...

Also, I'd like to know what players cannot be reanimated - e.g. a mummy does not have normal human size, so I guess it cannot be turned into a zombie by its opponent, no?... I would be surprised if only big guys and stunty players were the ones disqualifed from reanimation.

Reply with quote Back to top
The_CaptainOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 21, 2003 - 02:24 AM

Well, by the book, the only players who cannot be reanimated ARE Stunties and Big guys (the only players whose size is defined as "other than human size"). Mummies were humans in life, so they are Human size models (although powerfully built). Dwarfs, for some reason (weight, perchance?), qualify as "human size" models.

There's nothing in the rules to stop you reanimating an opposing skeleton into your own team - and it actually becomes a zombie according to the rules. Common sense dictates otherwise, but - as a famous quote from another Forum says - "This is a GW game - leave all logic at the door".

And for the question: I'd say that you're allowed to Regenerate the player before considering him dead enough for the opponent to reanimate. I'm not an official rules judge, but unless someone who IS says otherwise, I'd stick to this.

IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 21, 2003 - 02:48 AM
Da Warboss

England
I'd say the regenerate roll came first as there is still some uncertainty as to the player's state until this roll is made.
It's a tricky one though Smile

NAF #60

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 21, 2003 - 07:32 AM

Undisclosed
I subscribe to the quantum theory. Until the regen roll has taken place, the player is both dead and alive, so the "raise the dead" has to wait until the players state is resolved.

Still, a nice rules puzzle Wink

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

SputnikOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 21, 2003 - 07:35 AM

I would suggest the regeneration roll first. If you kill a 'living' player, you would wait for the apo anyway, right? Only if the apo fails or is not used you get your zombie... Wink

And since you can't place your new zombie on the field before the end of the half or a TD is scored (which is when you roll for regeneration), it would make sense, too. Exclamation

Moreover, if you are a really good necromancer with hairly b*lls you can easily convert a skeleton into a zombie and gather some rottwen flesh around weak bones... Laughing And why don't you let Granny start as well? If she is on the field, she won't mutter at you from the sidelines! Laughing

Sputnik

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 21, 2003 - 09:03 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
      Darkson wrote:
I subscribe to the quantum theory. Until the regen roll has taken place, the player is both dead and alive, so the "raise the dead" has to wait until the players state is resolved.

Still, a nice rules puzzle Wink

I think this is the most sensible answer. However I think the way the rules are written you can raise a player who hasn't made their regenerate roll yet.

Maybe the simplist solution to prevent raising of players with regenerate (IIRC Trolls are the only non-undead player with it so all the eligable positions are undead).

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic