NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 16, 2024 - 07:47 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
In Roze-El we trust. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DucDeBordeleauxOffline
Post subject: Bretonnian miniatures y/n and Special Play tables???  PostPosted: Sep 18, 2003 - 05:15 AM

Two questions.

1) Are Breonnian miniatures available for Bloodbowl or do we just use the Human miniatures tha come in the boxed set?

and

2) In the Bloodbowl Magazine Issue 2 there is a special section outlining special plays (Dirty Tricks/Random Plays/Magic Items/Pre-match Preparation).

Once upon a time there used to be cards for these. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the cards? OR a copy of the tables from the Bloodbowl magazine?

NB I am in Australia.

Cheers,
DDB Cool

Reply with quote Back to top
IndigoOffline
Post subject: Re: Bretonnian miniatures y/n and Special Play tables???  PostPosted: Sep 18, 2003 - 05:37 AM
Da Warboss

England
      DucDeBordeleaux wrote:
Two questions.

1) Are Breonnian miniatures available for Bloodbowl or do we just use the Human miniatures tha come in the boxed set?

Currently the Bretonnian team is not official, nor is it "officially experimental" although there is a good version over at www.blood-bowl.net. Strictly house rules only. As for figures there are none either, although many people combine humans with bretonnian knights from the WFB ranges.

DucDeBordeleaux wrote:

2) In the Bloodbowl Magazine Issue 2 there is a special section outlining special plays (Dirty Tricks/Random Plays/Magic Items/Pre-match Preparation).

Once upon a time there used to be cards for these. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the cards? OR a copy of the tables from the Bloodbowl magazine?

NB I am in Australia.

Cheers,
DDB Cool

Special play cards have now been dropped and are no longer officially used. Instead, the handicap table in the LRB is there as a replacement (get it for free at www.bloodbowl.com).

Most of the stuff in the older BB mags is now pretty outdated. if you intend on playing in house rules based leagues then they're fine, but if your plan is to particiapte in tournaments then you'd probably be better off sticking with the 2003 annual and the living rulebook (LRB).

EDIT: I actually think I have a PDF of the special play cards somewhere, so if I find it I will PM you.

NAF #60

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 18, 2003 - 09:47 AM

England
      Quote:
Currently the Bretonnian team is not official, nor is it "officially experimental" although there is a good version over at www.blood-bowl.net .

Balanced? Maybe. Good? Highly debatable. My feeling is that it has little in common with the current Brettonian background. However there is a whole army of beautiful new Warhammer plastics on its way, which should be a joy to convert into a BB team. I suggest that you wait for them, convert a team you like the look of, and then write your own rules (in consultation with the rest of your league).

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 18, 2003 - 04:11 PM

Undisclosed
      Mordredd wrote:
My feeling is that it has little in common with the current Brettonian background.

Which could start off another "BB world is not the same as Warhammer world" arguement Wink

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 19, 2003 - 01:37 PM

If you want a good set of UPDATED Special Plays in card format, go here:

http://www22.brinkster.com/angelli/bloodbowl/

Click on "Rules" and then click on "Special Plays." You'll be glad you did. I have them in Word format somewhere - actually printable as cards - but it's not on-line yet.

-Chet

DucDeBordeleauxOffline
Post subject: Thanks for your help guys  PostPosted: Sep 20, 2003 - 05:06 AM

Very Happy

Thanks for your help guys.

I didn't realise that the Bretonnian team wasn't actually official.

Cheers,
DDB

MestariOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 22, 2003 - 03:19 AM

Looks nice... any hints on whether they might become experimental?

Member #52

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 22, 2003 - 05:55 AM

Mestari wrote:
Looks nice... any hints on whether they might become experimental?

Handicap is on the agenda, I think. But everyone has an opinion. No hints, only because I couldn't hazard a guess. They certainly add that "something up my sleeve" angle, and none of them are useless. And I haven't seen any game-winners yet.

-Chet

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic