NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 16, 2024 - 08:35 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Broken Ribs! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KhaineOffline
Post subject: Custom Gaming Boards.  PostPosted: Sep 17, 2003 - 03:00 PM

I'm curious. If I make a custom board with the same grid pattern, <i.e. The same amount of grid squares width and length> . But making each grid square half an inch thicker then a normal bloodbowl grid square would this be allowed in an official NAF tournie? I Like to have a bit more space on the board then is usual on a Blood Bowl pitch. Also is there any problem in extending the blood bowl End Zones to make them a bit easier to flesh out with a Team name and logo? I'm only asking because looking at measurements it seems like big guys are a bit cramped on the game board at times.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 17, 2003 - 03:03 PM

Undisclosed
I can't see that it would be a problem, as long as you made a range ruler that was to the same scale as the regular is to a normal board.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 17, 2003 - 03:04 PM

Never even thought of that good thing I posted or I'd have been sol Smile.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
MestariOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 19, 2003 - 01:53 AM

The range ruler and the fireball/lightning bolt templates are the only things that have to be taken into account if you want to resize the squares. If you keep them in scale, make the pitch lifesize for all I care Wink Very Happy

Member #52

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject: Re: Custom Gaming Boards.  PostPosted: Sep 19, 2003 - 03:02 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
      Khaine wrote:
would this be allowed in an official NAF tournie?

Ask the national organiser. If I were hosting a tournament I would prefer only "official" pitches to be used - and I'd say you would need opponents consent (i.e. if they don't fancy it you can't use it).

MestariOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 22, 2003 - 02:46 AM

My take as an NTO would be that as long as it fits on the gaming table it's OK. Naturally it must have all the required templates in the correct scale too.

Member #52

KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2003 - 09:50 AM

So say I make it official size but just custom for my team? I'm a fam of the old foam boards because they had zome depth and why play with minatures on a flat piece of cardboard Smile.

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2003 - 10:00 AM

England
The polystyrene board looked good, but was a biatch to stand your team on. Leaving aside the fact it had smaller squares it was way too easy to flatten most of the players on the field by knocking over just one. Or rolling dice (which were often cocked due to the sculpted squares) or nudging the table or breathing....

Playing on a flat piece of card is just soooo much easier.

KhaineOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 23, 2003 - 11:56 AM

Yeah I guess it's nicer for minatures but it looked soo much better Smile. I'm going with a flat field with the same size squares as the game board but with routed edges, done in wood flocked and painted in fabulous orky colors. Found all 7 of my old Blood bowl trolls < I want to say first edition but I believe it's second because first edition was card stock no?> and made up a decent little team with him as center/nose tackle Smile. Also working on explanding stands and dugouts.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic