NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 03, 2024 - 11:23 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
She has Very Long Legs, Sure Hands and a Hypnotic Gaze! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
InfraredOffline
Post subject: Re-Rolls and Overtime  PostPosted: Oct 09, 2003 - 10:07 PM

Question about overtime re-rolls. If you have a re-roll that you gained from a kick off (let's say cheering fans) and you go into overtime, but you satill have that one re-roll left, can you use it in OT? The rules say that you only get the re-roll for the half, but OT rules say any re-roll not used may be taken into OT. So, which is it? Does it not carry over due to the half? Or does it because it is unused?

Thanks in advance.

Reply with quote Back to top
jejaatinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 09, 2003 - 11:06 PM

I'd say that the extra reroll is only for one half, and IMHO it really means that. So you wouldn't be able to use it in OT, even if you didn't use it before.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 10, 2003 - 06:57 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
OT is effectively a continuation of the 2nd half so I'd say the RR is kept. That said I very rarely play OT.

However I'd just get consensus in your league how you want to handle it.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject: Re: Re-Rolls and Overtime  PostPosted: Oct 10, 2003 - 11:16 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Infrared wrote:
Question about overtime re-rolls. If you have a re-roll that you gained from a kick off (let's say cheering fans) and you go into overtime, but you satill have that one re-roll left, can you use it in OT? The rules say that you only get the re-roll for the half, but OT rules say any re-roll not used may be taken into OT. So, which is it? Does it not carry over due to the half? Or does it because it is unused?

Thanks in advance.

I'd rule it carries over ... since the Overtime has its own special rules for rerolls. Normally rerolls cannot be carried over ... however OT says they are. I would rule that this rule overrides the "for this half only" wording of the Kick-off reroll.

Heck, in my league players with Leader add another reroll for OT (but this one is on the Hot List for the BBRC to clarify this year.)

Galak

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 10, 2003 - 12:56 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
      Doubleskulls wrote:
OT is effectively a continuation of the 2nd half so I'd say the RR is kept. That said I very rarely play OT.

However I'd just get consensus in your league how you want to handle it.

This is how I would play it. Mr. Green

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 10, 2003 - 02:43 PM

All re-rolls carry over into overtime. Leader re-rolls really shouldn't be restocked, just as normal re-rolls aren't. If you haven't yet used your Leader re-roll in the second half...well, I suppose that's trickier.

-Chet

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 10, 2003 - 03:46 PM
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl

Wow, well I thought I remembered some rules about 'no re-rolls used in overtime as everyone is very tired' or something like that. So I had a quick look in the Living Rulebook, and low and behold, on page 16, it says:

"If the match is tied at the end of the second half, then it goes into ???sudden death overtime???. Flip the Blood Bowl coin to see who kicks-off, and then play a third series of eight turns per team. Any re-rolls still remaining at the end of full time may be used in overtime.The first team to score wins the match."

Huh, I never remember it being so clear cut and obvious, but I think it answers the point of this topic quite well.... Shocked Shocked Very Happy

224th at The World Cup II

InfraredOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 10, 2003 - 08:56 PM

Well Dwarfcoach, it's not that clear cut. The re-roll came from a kick off, which means that I would normally get it for the half only. That's where the question comes in. Would it still carry over to OT if I only get it for the half? I know what the rulebook says, but it says both.

Thanks to the rest who gave an opinion. It seems that there is no answer to this one. I may have to mail the fanatic guys with this one.

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 10, 2003 - 10:16 PM

Undisclosed
      Infrared wrote:
Thanks to the rest who gave an opinion. It seems that there is no answer to this one. I may have to mail the fanatic guys with this one.

Mail it 3 times, and wait for 3 different answers to roll in Laughing

You're best bet is, if it isn't covered in this years BBRC meeting, house rule it, and get it added to Galak's 2004 hotlist.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 13, 2003 - 09:07 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Tutenkharnage wrote:
All re-rolls carry over into overtime. Leader re-rolls really shouldn't be restocked, just as normal re-rolls aren't. If you haven't yet used your Leader re-roll in the second half...well, I suppose that's trickier.

-Chet

Hmmmm ... Chet I'd bet serious money you were the person that told me that the Leader reroll would come back for OT. In fact, I'm 99.999% sure of it as I based my ruling in the MBBL2/MBBL on my discussion with you. Now I realize folks can change their minds ... I do it as well. I'm glad this one is on the Hot List.

Galak

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 14, 2003 - 10:19 AM

I don't believe I said that, although I wouldn't be surprised to discover that I did Wink

-Chet

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic