NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 03, 2024 - 11:22 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Everyone surround the Rat Ogre. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wolfpack_99Offline
Post subject: Pro skill re-roll, question with block dice roll...  PostPosted: Sep 12, 2003 - 09:21 AM

On the PRO skill, the description say's: ''Once per team turn, a Pro is allowed to re-roll any ONE DICE ROLL HE HAS MADE''.
Now is this also affecting the Block dice? It says's one dice, if i'm throwing a block with two dices and not happy with it, i use Pro and re-roll, if i'm succeding with a 4-6, can i then re-roll only one block dice or the two??? Cause in the skill description it's mentionned ''one dice roll...'', so if i'm reading this right i can pick up only one block dice and re-roll it, hoping i I will get a better result?

tks, and let me know about this!

Reply with quote Back to top
IndigoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 12, 2003 - 09:24 AM
Da Warboss

England
Yes, you can use it to re-roll block dice. However it says one dice roll - this means you re-roll ALL dice that were used in the original block, e.g. 1, 2 or 3.

If it had said one die roll then it'd be one die only.

NAF #60

Clan_SkavenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 12, 2003 - 09:27 AM

Niagara Falls ON, Canada
      Quote:

On the PRO skill, the description say's: ''Once per team turn, a Pro is allowed to re-roll any ONE DICE ROLL HE HAS MADE''.
Now is this also affecting the Block dice? It says's one dice, if i'm throwing a block with two dices and not happy with it, i use Pro and re-roll, if i'm succeding with a 4-6, can i then re-roll only one block dice or the two??? Cause in the skill description it's mentionned ''one dice roll...'', so if i'm reading this right i can pick up only one block dice and re-roll it, hoping i I will get a better result?

tks, and let me know about this!

It says any one Dice roll, not die roll(Dice means plural) so one dice role is one role of howevermany dice are used in a block roll.

zeuzismOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 29, 2003 - 04:37 PM

I think the above is clear.

But, my problem (or must I say I see an opportunity Wink) with the Pro-skill is:
''Once per team turn, a Pro is allowed to re-roll ANY one dice roll he has made''

As a munchkin (I am) I would say that includes armour and injury rolls.

Taking the rules (LRB 2.0) literally there is no rule against this because only the rules for TEAM re-rolls forbid it, but they do not apply for skills.

Is this a loophole or simply legitimate?

DidacsoyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 29, 2003 - 05:32 PM

Spain

First of all, saying that I haven't look it up on the LRB, so I'm asuming you didn't miss anything. Thus provided that:

Well, if you put it that way, it should be legitimate, but (great BUT) I think it goes against the "spirit of the rules". I think it was intended that you couldn't re-roll ANY armour or injury roll to avoid situations like: 'oh, well, I'll re-roll that foul again because I need that player out (or got sent out when IGMEOY was not official)' or possible abuses on the pro skill (I mean if you didn't pass the armour roll, you wouldn't be losing anything pro re-rolling it, and you'd be virtually halving the other's team armour effectivity -huge impact, huh?- )

Don't know what others think about it, but that way, the pro skill would be very unbalancing indeed IMHO, so I'd say it's a loophole (and so it should be re-worded apropriately).

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 29, 2003 - 05:34 PM

You used to be able to use pro on armour rolls (but not on injury rolls). Now, you can't use it on either. Must be somewhere in the rules and you missed it.

zeuzismOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 29, 2003 - 05:44 PM

Quote:

Must be somewhere in the rules and you missed it.

I think not, so please inform me where?

I know it is a loophole, but I love loopholes, I play with Dwarfs you see. They are beardy. Wink Maybe the rules committe could fix this one, while they're at it.

fnord23Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 29, 2003 - 10:25 PM

What does it say in the last line of the "pro" skill description; page 36 of the
LRB 2?

sangraal

PS:
It says " A player cannot use this skill to re-roll an armour or injury roll"

zeuzismOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 30, 2003 - 01:26 AM

Embarassed I read it twice... and then after the zombie comment I read it for the third time, I must be frikkin blind. But thanks anyway. I won't be giving my slayer the pro skill now I suppose.
Case closed I say.

DidacsoyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 30, 2003 - 01:38 AM

Spain

Laughing Laughing Laughing LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing

Signed: Another blind freak! Laughing

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 30, 2003 - 02:33 AM

Pro is still the best skill there is for a troll slayer. It lets you reroll failed dauntless rolls, and unwanted block results (including pow sometimes) so you can keep on frenzying.

The only players who have as much use for pro as the troll slayers are big guys (no access to team rerolls) and vampires (for rerolling hypnotic gaze).

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 30, 2003 - 06:15 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Zombie69 wrote:
Pro is still the best skill there is for a troll slayer. It lets you reroll failed dauntless rolls, and unwanted block results (including pow sometimes) so you can keep on frenzying.

The only players who have as much use for pro as the troll slayers are big guys (no access to team rerolls) and vampires (for rerolling hypnotic gaze).

Troll Slayer, Big Guys, Vampires ... yup ... I have to agree with Zombie that would be the best uses of the Pro skill. (If new OFAB becomes official ... even more reasons for Vampires to have Pro).

Galak

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 30, 2003 - 06:20 AM

We run Pro differently in my league. Pro is a General trait. It allows the player to pick any normal skill (as determined by the player's access to various skill categories) before the match and use that skill in place of Pro.

Anyway, it's a different take, more like a "jack of all trades" (i.e., a well-rounded "pro"). Only one player has the skill at the moment: an Elf Catcher who frequently jumps between Block and Side Step. Many other players use their trait rolls on standard choices (e.g., Stand Firm, Jump Up, Frenzy, Leader).

-Chet

kaltenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 30, 2003 - 01:12 PM

I like the Chet view on the pro skill - I may have to experiment with that one...cheers for the idae Smile

Download the SWARMM BloodBowl League Spreadsheet!

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 30, 2003 - 01:28 PM

Good luck. It works for us, that's all I can say. (In fact, I got the idea from another coach in our league after several coaches had wrangled with it.) We figured there were skill re-rolls and team re-rolls for just about everything else already.

I'm less than thrilled with the ubiquitous nature of Pro on negaskilled guys; if you share that feeling, you'll probably like this skill. If you prefer an easy way to escape failed Bonehead rolls, this skill is not for you.

-Chet

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic