NAF Logo
leftstar May 28, 2024 - 05:55 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Dodge this! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ApedogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 28, 2003 - 03:39 PM

One of my mates had a ST 5 AG 3 Bull Centaur - died halfway throught the first half of his first game with that stat. Pushed into the crowd.

I do feel sorry for him - but I did also breath a big sigh of relief Smile

Boom! He's on his back!

Reply with quote Back to top
jejaatinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2003 - 04:49 AM

Quote:
Oh and jejaatin, saying "i rule" (sic) definitely makes you very uncool. Plus, in this case, it makes you sound stupid, by implicitely saying that quoting Shakespeare is hard for you. Quoting Shakespeare = good; being all worked up about it = bad. Just a friendly tip.

Cheers mate, though I did say "I rule" which is correct from the viewpoint of English grammar, you see the pronoun "I" is always spelled with a capital letter.

Anyway, my mother tongue is not in fact English, but I wouldn't emphasize that too much.

And I was quoting W.S. Check out Machbeth.

Peace be with you Zombie...

DeathwingOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2003 - 05:52 AM
Former President

England
Off-Topic: Sorry.

jejaatin wrote:

And I was quoting W.S. Check out Machbeth.

I know full well which play it's from, you missed my point. You think you're quoting (paraphrasing actually) W.S.
This really isn't the place to get into O-T discussions on this (or grammar for that matter), but just for interest, run a search for Christopher Marlowe and my (somewhat flippant, sorry) comment may make more sense. Wink

jejaatinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2003 - 06:02 AM

OT:

Yep, I was just counting on general ignorance. Actually I just trying to make it look like I was quoting W.S. Very Happy

Paraphrasing, yeah that's the word. Shouldn't get caught doing that at this point, oh well Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the correction.

Crying or Very sad Have to continue my studies a bit longer...

McDethOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2003 - 06:43 AM

GalakStarscraper wrote:
      Tutenkharnage wrote:
Let me put it this way: I'm already causing plenty of havoc in the MBBL with a trio of ST 4 Amazons. If I had a ST 5 Amazon or two...well, that would clearly give me a ridiculous advantage over everyone else. I think +1 is a more reasonable cap that would eliminate the Ogre-like Wardancer. But you still need to kill them Wink

-Chet

True ... but Tony's ST 5 Lion Warrior in the MBBL only lasted a handful of games before a Dwarf team caught his number. Those players have bullseye's on them a mile wide.

The first thing I do when I play against any team is memorize the numbers of the players I want to kill. I think any good coach does this.

Galak

Bit Difficult with Chets team though, 3 Amazons with ST4, 2 with AG 4 and 2 with MA7 i think, thats Seven Stat increases, somehow i dont think my lowly rated 124 team against Chets 174 team will have much of a luxury of choosing which players to kill, rather which ones to try and avoid. Wink

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2003 - 03:14 PM

jejaatin wrote:
Cheers mate, though I did say "I rule" which is correct from the viewpoint of English grammar, you see the pronoun "I" is always spelled with a capital letter.

It won't be forever. I'm pretty sure that this mistake will be corrected in the future, and the reason i spell it like this is to campaign for that. A capital i, while all the other pronouns are lowercase, just tells everyone that you believe yourself to be more important than everybody else, which is why it needs to change.

TutenkharnageOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 29, 2003 - 08:35 PM

@Tom: Absolutely, but remember that Tony didn't have a choice about which team to play against. I'm sure any right-minded Elf coach would choose to avoid Dwarf teams, not play against them with monster catchers Wink

@McDeth: Yeah, and you should see the problems my TR 128 opponent (Amazon team with 3 skills plus 1 for handicap) is having against my TR 178 team Wink

-Chet

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic