NAF Logo
leftstar May 28, 2024 - 02:19 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
New coach needed for Chaos All-Stars. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ChrisOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 15, 2004 - 07:14 AM

England
      Mordredd wrote:
They should have to fight their way through 4 Mummies and 2 Blitz-Ras to get to him. (You do have 4 Mummies don't you?)

Last two games? Blitz ra and mummy permanently dead.

Reply with quote Back to top
MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 15, 2004 - 09:00 AM

England
Shocked Ouch!

That happened to one of my attempts at a Khemri team, in its first game. It never recovered, just entered one long vicious downward spiral.

Still, the survivors should be able to form a pretty strong cage, especially if you hug the sideline rather than trying to drive up the centre.

I still think your best bet is to grind up field and then run the ball carrier through the resultant hole. And I reckon the Thro-Ra will be better at it with dodge.

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2004 - 03:48 PM

Tutenkharnage wrote:
I've always favored Sure Feet over MA +1. The extra square of movement granted by MA +1 is a sure thing, and the extra square granted by Sure Feet is only 97% likely; score one for MA +1. But that next square of movement is much more solidly in the corner of Sure Feet. Using your Khemri Thro-Ra as an example, here are his odds of moving 7 squares without falling over or using a TRR:

* MA +1: 83%
* Sure Feet: 93%

Granted, the MA 6 player can move an 8th square, but this is tempting fate. And you won't always have a TRR handy. On the flip side, I always think of my Sure Feet players as "MA + 2" players. It just seems automatic, especially if I pass the first roll.

-Chet

What you're forgetting is that even without sure feet, players still have those go for it squares available to them! Sure feet is not gaining them any range, it's only gaining them rerolls. Going for it when you've got TRRs handy should be comonplace, and even without the reroll it's not that risky.

I've always found that sprint and sure feet COMBINED are about equivalent to +1MA. They give you one extra square just like +1MA, but it's not automatic (needs a 2+ with reroll). However, they gives you rerolls on the two go for its after that in case you need them (the one extra square provided by +1MA might be enough). This allows to save some TRRs.

Given the choice between having sprint + sure feet or having +1MA, i'd think long and hard. Both are pretty equivelent to me. But given the choice between sure feet alone and +1MA, there's no contest, it'd be +1MA.

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 19, 2004 - 03:53 PM

As for the question, i'd take either dodge, +1MA or strong arm, depending on your playing style. Strong arm would be more tempting, however, if you had given him accurate instead of dump up. Why did you even get that? So that you can fumble the ball before being blitzed? Even in the best case scenario where it's only one guy blitzing you and you can make a quick pass, it's still a 5+ roll, and i'm not even talking about the catch here!

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic