NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 07, 2024 - 09:08 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Pit Trap! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 19, 2004 - 02:22 PM

In my experience, you can buy quite a lot in 10 games. Maybe it's because people in my league tend to start with 9 FF, which means more winnings for both teams. If that's not the case in your league, then maybe an apothecary is indeed a better bet.

As for purchases, i wouldn't buy a rat ogre. I'd go for the extra gutter runners as soon as possible (they're the real strength of a skaven team), then a second thrower (20k for 2 useful skills is pretty cheap, i like those guys), and finally the last storm vermin (overpirced at 90k, at least in my book).

Reply with quote Back to top
RatBastardOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2004 - 09:32 AM

we usually do continue our teams into a 2nd and/or 3rd season.. so this roster is definately here to stay.. i played 19 games (including playoffs) in 2 seasons.. and my treasury is only at 40k.. i replaced LR wit niggling injuries and never use my apoc on them unless they had 2 skills.. incase a GR or SV died.. im my league i face lots of bashy team.. mostly bout 4-5 orc teams, 2 drawf, 3 undead.. only 3 elf teams floatin around.. so im constantly replacing LR.. everytime they make it to 6 points and get a skill they die next game Very Happy

only reason i wanted to get the RO in early is for so he can work on gettin block.. and hopefully get leader on someone else early.. so he doesnt ruin half my games Smile

SygtriggerOffline
Post subject: Enhancing your team.  PostPosted: Feb 24, 2004 - 08:18 PM

I noticed you have 2 gr's with xll. Give them pass block, trust me. I've been playing Skaven for years. Xll gives them a +1 to intercept,combined with their AG4, and dodge, give them pass block to damn near garanty they get the ball. Capitalize on their strength!!! And oh!, get a ratogre, and a 4th gr.

RatBastardOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2004 - 08:43 AM

yeh, i need 11 more SPP to get him his next skill which will be pass block, i already do have a 4th GR but hes naked cause the other 1 died.. and my RO is pretty good.. block, tackle, MB, frenzy..

i tryed new defense against humans yesterday just to see how it work.. using the RO in the widezone next to LR pretty much forced him to go the opposite way.. so i stacked my 2 stormvermin in the other widzone with support.. and kicked it to the side with the RO.. so they have to either waste many squares goin the other way or face the RO..

good thing was, my plan worked, they went to the other side, bad news, the RO stood by himself most the half cause needing a 4+ is terrible..

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2004 - 10:00 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
      RatBastard wrote:
good thing was, my plan worked, they went to the other side, bad news, the RO stood by himself most the half cause needing a 4+ is terrible..

That tactic ought to have worked quite well with the old RO - but having lob sided defences can work very well against slow teams, especially when you've got kick.

RatBastardOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2004 - 08:26 AM

yeh, damn new wild animal isnt very nice.. it isnt as bad as the Minotaur.. hes really pointless especially havin horns and not using those effectively.. but for more then half my game he sat there doin nothing.. i won 4-2 but 3 scores came off defense.. when i forced him to the other side.. aggresive rats is good, especially when your opponent plays the way you want him too Very Happy

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2004 - 10:33 AM

I find that the new wild animal rule is more damaging to the rat ogre than the minotaur. They didn't get to use horns very often anyway as it only made a difference against ST5 players, because minotaurs can't get assists.

However, the rat ogre's AG3 is something that's much more useful than the minotaur's horns, and the new wild animal skill keeps them from making any use of it unless they roll 4+ first.

RatBastardOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 26, 2004 - 11:05 AM

yeh i know.. unfortunately we are gonna go by the living rule book this season with no mods to WA rule.. i been practicing with diffrent techniques before season starts on march 3rd.. and he still is good.. when he make his 4+ to do anythin Laughing but i like using him as a fear marker.. so when coaches rearrange the game cause of him.. it works to my advantage..

SygtriggerOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 01, 2004 - 04:38 PM

With the changes to wild animal, things are going to be very different! If we're all lucky enough to get a doubles roll(PRO) we'll be Laughing all the way to the end zone.

RatBastardOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 01, 2004 - 10:06 PM

yeh , pro would be nice.. but doubles also means Claw.. which makes him a tank... +2 armor.. +1 to inj w/MB

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic