NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 08, 2024 - 10:53 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Hang the monkey! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pfootiOffline
Post subject: When reasonable people disagree in-game  PostPosted: Feb 28, 2004 - 12:24 PM

This is somewhat of a spinoff from the WA thread.

In my league, when you move a player, you have to actually move the figure (and not just point where you want to go).

What happens when there is a disagreement over how many squares have been moved, or where the player started (if you have to take back the move, because of (say) an illegal foul action)?

I'd normally say dice off for it, but what do other people do?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
NarkoticOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 28, 2004 - 01:25 PM

Difficult question... such issues always leave a bad mood (especially if it was an important move).

I always ask my opponent actually to move the mini and count the squares he's moving it. Most "teleportation" coaches miss a square or a tackle zone from time to time... (no cheating, but such things are bound to happen when you place a player without actually tracing his move)

pfootiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 28, 2004 - 02:13 PM

yeah, once it happened in a game where my oppo really wanted that other square that I thought he needed to GFI for, and we diced, he needed the GFI, and fell. That's really the only time this has come up.

Usually what happens when we move our pieces is: we leave the player sit, and plan a move path (with a pointed finger or some such), and then move the pieces. When actually moving a figure, there is no "take-backs". If you go the wrong way, tough. It is tough sometimes, but in combination with the 4.00 minute rule, it makes games more exciting usually.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
frecklesOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 28, 2004 - 02:51 PM

Australia

I hate this tactic, personally. I've found that (coincidentally I think!) most of the people that do this are people I don't enjoy playing. I just ask them nicely (the first time they do it) not to do it. I haven't had any problems with that yet.

Cheers!

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 01, 2004 - 02:47 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
I'd normally give my opponent the benefit of the doubt. Enjoying the game is more important than being right.

Carnage4uOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 01, 2004 - 03:07 PM

im never fond when they just pick up and move it over.. altough I dont doubt they are wrong. its just not a sytle i like to see.

I have never come into a arguement about how many spaces were moved in the years i have played. maybe im lucky

mtn_bikeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 01, 2004 - 03:30 PM

Happened once to me. A guy would always move his player first then roll the GFI but after the second GFI he would move his player one more space. About the second time I just asked him "Where is your player GFI?"

He would sometiems ask, "Where did I start?" I just tell him the number I last heard him count out. I agree with pfooti. I count out with a fingeer so I don't forget and keep a seperate counting die for incase I need to stop and roll for anything.

MestariOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 04, 2004 - 02:18 AM

The correct method is both simple and avoids all such arguments:

when you start moving your player, you move it square by square. Whenever a roll needs to be made, it is made so that the player is moved to the square that he'd reach if it succeeds and then rolled.

Member #52

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic