NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 08, 2024 - 08:11 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
You sneaky git! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 18, 2004 - 02:45 PM

I agree that it's not the best skill out there, and i'd like to see more of it as well, but that's not the point. I really believe that the rule you're using is the official rule and not a house rule.

Reply with quote Back to top
MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 19, 2004 - 08:01 AM

England
Question to Zombie and Doubleskulls.

What of the situation where a pass blocker has already move into the tackle zone of either the thrower or catcher AND into a position to intercept the ball. Do you allow a second pass blocker to move into a position to intercept but where he is not exerting a tackle zone on either the thrower or the catcher? Does it depend on the second guy having a better chance of intercepting?

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 19, 2004 - 08:27 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
With our house rule we are allowed to move any number of players to get a TZ on the thrower/receiver, but only one can move into a position where they can intercept, but don't have a TZ on the thrower/catcher.

I think that question does however pose some issues for Zombie's interpretation of the official rules Wink

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 19, 2004 - 12:15 PM

Mordredd wrote:
Question to Zombie and Doubleskulls.

What of the situation where a pass blocker has already move into the tackle zone of either the thrower or catcher AND into a position to intercept the ball. Do you allow a second pass blocker to move into a position to intercept but where he is not exerting a tackle zone on either the thrower or the catcher? Does it depend on the second guy having a better chance of intercepting?

If your second guy wants to move to intercept, then obviously your first guy's move wasn't to intercept since you knew that the second guy would. The first guy's move was for the purpose of a tackle zone only. Only one player can move into intercept range without exerting a tackle zone.

XtremeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 19, 2004 - 01:32 PM
Da Boss

United States of America
I often take Pass Block as a second skill on Agility based teams. And stand by the fact that the Intercepton is the biggest play in BloodBowl. Now obviously a good opponet will avoid pass blockers but even that should be seen as a small victory for changing there plan even in the smallest way.

As for whats at hand We have always played that only one pass blocker may make a pass block attempt, seems much more in spirt and IMO that is more often the way to go.

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 19, 2004 - 03:56 PM

England
      Zombie wrote:
If your second guy wants to move to intercept, then obviously your first guy's move wasn't to intercept since you knew that the second guy would. The first guy's move was for the purpose of a tackle zone only. Only one player can move into intercept range without exerting a tackle zone.

Except that the second guy doesn't have to make the intercept attempt, it could be done by a player who was already there, or even the first pass blocker. Besides if your justification for only allowing one player to move "into a position to intercept" is true then there can only be one. Logically the second player could not move as a pass blocker had already put himself "into a position to intercept" and he would therefore be a second player.

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 19, 2004 - 05:59 PM

My interpretation is "only one player can move into a position to intercept and not in a tackle zone". I thought i had made this clear enough over the last 4 or 5 posts, but it seems i'm still misunderstood.

AramilOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 20, 2004 - 09:35 AM

Undisclosed
What I understand from the rule is that ALL the Pass-block players that can move to a position where they can attempt an interception, can take the move.
This is becouse, if you try to think with the mind of the players, they cannot know WHO of them would be able to intercept the pass... so all of them would move and try to attempt it... but only one of them would be able to do that becouse of the trajectory of the pass. But when they have the instinct of moving to try the interception they cannot know how the ball will be thrown...

Just my two cents... Smile

PS: I hope it's enought clear what I wrote... It's a very difficult for me to try to explain feelings and abstract theories in a language not mine... Embarassed

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 20, 2004 - 03:08 PM

Don't worry, your English is not that bad and it's pretty easy to understand. You're clearly making an effort, and that's very commendable.

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 22, 2004 - 04:31 AM

England
      Zombie wrote:
My interpretation is "only one player can move into a position to intercept and not in a tackle zone". I thought i had made this clear enough over the last 4 or 5 posts, but it seems i'm still misunderstood.

It wasn't that clearly stated earlier. In fact the way you first expressed your interpretation clearly stated that once a player was in a position to intercept then no other pass blocker could move unless they put a tackle zone on the thrower or catcher.

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 22, 2004 - 04:40 AM

England
Aramil, I would say that your English is pretty good. You only made one mistake (I hope it's clear enough...) and your meaning was clear. In fact your written English is better than some of my university friends for whom English is their first (and only) language. Rolling Eyes

I also totally agree with your reasoning.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic