NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 08, 2024 - 05:51 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Broken Jaw! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tio_LuisoOffline
Post subject: Team Rating  PostPosted: Apr 16, 2004 - 03:42 AM

This same question was asked in TalkBloodBowl.com and Bloodbowl.com. Asking here again, 'cos this is the "official" place.

A question about how to figure out the Team Rating. Because I think rules about it are ambiguous and tend to interpretations. First of all, let me write the paragraph that says how to figure out the TR.

"To calculate a team?s Spike! Magazine team rating, first work out the total value of the team in gold pieces. Remember to include any money in the treasury in the total. For every 10,000 gold pieces that the team is worth, it receives 1 Team Rating point."

Suppose I start a team. And because my team is so expensive, I decide to purchase an Apothecary but no rerolls. I play my first two games, and then I buy my reroll (double price).

And now suppose I start the same team, but purchasing my reroll. I play the same two games and then I buy the apothecary.

Depending on how I interpret the rules, I can say both teams have the same TR (and that's how we use it in our league), or not. After all, what's the total value or the worth of a reroll? The price I've paid (100.000) or the usual price (50.000)?

The same happens with increments / decrements in Fan Factor. They should count for the Team Rating. After all, the Fan Factor you buy at start does count.

What I am looking for is a Team Rating thar truly measures a team power, and can be calculated directly from the team roster.

Thanks a lot

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
SirBrendanOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2004 - 04:14 AM

Example:

Humanteam reroll costs 50.000 at team creation. (tr +5)
After Games played it costs 100.000. (tr -5)

You have to pay 100.000, but its worth 50.000 (you loose 50.000 -> tr decrease 5).

By the way, fanfactor (ff) does count in tr, but you can't purchase them. If your ff raise, your tr raise as well (+ 1ff = + 1tr).

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2004 - 05:42 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Still the same answer...

as I said on bloodbowl.com - if you've agreed a rule with your league at the start of the season it doesn't matter what the "right" rule is - you should stick to your league rules and then fix it for next season (if the league wants).

BB is a game that actively encourages house rules - so don't get too hung up on playing the "right" way.

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2004 - 03:20 PM

Undisclosed
100% agree with what Doubleskulls said.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2004 - 03:22 PM

Well, i disagree. Adding new house rules mid-season is one thing, but when you find out that you weren't playing a rule correctly, you should change it right away. There's a reason the rule was written this way, and to ignore it could lead to some major balance problems.

Tio_LuisoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 16, 2004 - 04:30 PM

Just as posted in bloodbowl.com

Thanks a lot for the answers.

By the way. There was nothing agreed about the way TR applies. I am comissioner for that league. Simply put, there was no doubt about that until I started archiving games, updating teams, and just I wondered how was the correct way of doing it.

Then I commented it with my friend. And he said he felt cheated. And I got perplex.

The way I am going to do it is this:

1.- He feels cheated about the way Rerolls affect TR. So I am NOT going to apply ANY rule against ANYONE. Not in this league.

2.- He doesn't feel cheated about the way increments or decrements in FF affects TR. I'll ask everyone else, and if (AND ONLY IF) it's right with everyone, I'll aply that.

Hopefully, LRB 3.0 will cover that subject with more precision.

Anyway, as I said before, thanks a lot

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic