NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 15, 2024 - 09:40 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Danish team - Eurobowl Drinking Champions rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shaniepoo1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2004 - 08:10 AM

England

So let me get it right (Ive only used the new WA rules once due to the league i was part of fell apart before the new rules came out).

The official rules are - If i want to move, pass, pick up, catch, foul, blitz, turn from face down to face up or stand up then i must roll a 4+.

Possible soon to be rules are - You must roll a 4+ to do any of the above (inc, block) but add +2 to the roll if blocking or blitzing. Also, Minotaurs can only be used on teams that have them in their roster selection. eg, My Norse will not be able to buy a minotaur as part of their team, only an Ogre.

Reply with quote Back to top
Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2004 - 08:23 AM

Not quite. First, the possible soon to be rules now are (have been for about a week). Second, in those rules, you don't have to roll at all to unstun. Otherwise you're correct.

As for minotaurs, i don't understand your question. You already could only have them if they were available to your team. Nothing changed there. The only thing that changed regarding big guys is that ogres are now available to fewer races.

Shaniepoo1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2004 - 10:35 AM

England

So the rules on the gamesworkshop bloodbowl site in the playtesters vault (V1.2) are now official!?!

Boy am i behind the times Embarassed

What i ment by the minotaur stuff was that in the old rules (when WA had to move 1st) Minotaurs were available to Chaos, Chaos Dwarf and Norse.

In the print out i got from GW site (playtesters vault V1.2) the team lists have Big Guy's already on the lists-

Norse; Linemen, Thrower, Catcher, Blitzer and Ogre.

Does this mean that Norse are no longer aloud to use Minotaurs?

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2004 - 10:39 AM

No, but LRB 3.0 is. Ignore playtesters' vault except for house rules.

Shaniepoo1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2004 - 11:14 AM

England

This is copnfusing the feck out of me Question

Ive just been onto the vault and the dam thing has changed again!!!!!!I only printed of a copy of that thing last week Evil or Very Mad

So if i go and re print out the LRB on the GW site and use that and only that then i'll be ok????????? (this will include the 2003 updates)

And i dont need the vault down loads at all?????????

Now i know what a troll feels like when it fails its stupid roll Confused

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2004 - 11:35 AM

The vault is for testing new house rules that might become official in a couple years, though will be changed a lot in the meantime. Like i said, don't pay any attention to it unless you're looking for new house rules to try out.

The only sources of official rules are the LRB and the Annual. Either one is fine but the LRB is often more up to date.

Shaniepoo1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2004 - 02:29 AM

England

Nice one.

Thanks Zombie. Cool

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2004 - 02:41 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
And the vault probably wont become official until Oct 2005 (or so we've been told...)

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 20, 2004 - 04:08 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Doubleskulls wrote:
And the vault probably wont become official until Oct 2005 (or so we've been told...)

JJ promised and he's a man of his word from my understanding. So I think you can bank on that date.

Galak

ReinkensteinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 26, 2004 - 06:25 PM

Okay, here's my "solution" to keeping WA "wild" and "unpredictable" while preventing them from being simply "Really, Really Stupid" (ie, 4+ on any action w/o help from friends, etc.)...

On "Blitz" or "Block", roll d6. On 2+ execute actions as normal (ie, as desired by the owning player). On "1" execute action ... in a RANDOM direction! If "Block" to empty square, WA moves 1 square that direction (no dodging required as opponents won't attempt to tackle the "raging bull") and their turn ends. If "Blitz" was declared, WA moves (again w/o dodging) in random direction to the full extent of their movement ... or until they hit something with their "Blitz!" (For the truly insane, allow this to even take them into the crowd. Who knows, maybe the WA saw someone in the crowd sneering at them? The crowd, of course, would take them down as usual when a player leaves the pitch!) Shocked
[Note: In either case, the "Wild" Block or Blitz should never get assists and can even be against members of their OWN TEAM!] Pow

On any other action, roll a d6. 4+ to execute normal. 1-3 to bellow loudly without acting.

I think this would put a sense of randomness, "wildness" and excitement back into the WA rule and still make it "different" than the BH or RS rule. What to you all think? Question

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic