NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 15, 2024 - 08:44 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Gentleman, start your chainsaws. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tio_LuisoOffline
Post subject: Beast of Nurgle Questions  PostPosted: Jun 30, 2004 - 12:23 AM

First Question: Say I have a Beast of Nurgle with Pass Block (interesting skill if he has break tackle also, him having tentacles and foul appearance). Since he is Really Stupid, does he have to roll for Really Stupid when trying to Pass Block (he is not declaring any action, the way I see it, so he would not need to roll it). Can he Pass Block if he failed a Really Stupid roll in his turn?. I guess this question can apply to every turn-interrupting skill (like shadowing or dump off. however, they're very unlikely skills for a Beastie).

Second Question: The Beast of Nurgle has a special rule that happens when he kills an opponent. In javabbowl, that is a skill named Infect. Its description says:
      Quote:
rather than dying he has been infected with Nurgle's Rot
. The question is: Can an apothecary heal that kind of death? (not being a death, after all).

Thanks a lot.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
..t3clis..Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 30, 2004 - 01:14 AM

Greccio, Tilea

A Beast has not to roll RS to Pass Block, since PB is not an action.
So, the Beast (strangely enough) can Pass Block even if failed RS roll (note that Vault Rules, as proposed in 1.5, are going to change this, since players without a TZ can not intercept, and still now players without a TZ can not put their tackle zone (the one they don't have [Smile] on throwers or catchers)

This makes me thinking if the rule of Pass Block allows a player with no TZ to move to end in a position "to put his TZ on catcher or receiver", since they haven't any. Anyway, you can still PassBlock to try to intercept.

Second Question: an apo can definitely heal this. If he doesn't, the player is infected.

Tio_LuisoOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 30, 2004 - 11:16 PM

I would use it, but not for intercepting (hey, he can do it, AG1 = AG3 for intercepting), but I would use my Foul Appearance on the Thrower and /or Catcher, and the tentacles on the catcher. It would be nice, however, if he could add the -1 to catch (due to having a TZ ang being beside the catcher) and the -1 to catch (due to foul appearance). This would increase the chance of turnover greatly.

Thanks a lot, anyway.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic