NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 16, 2024 - 12:58 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Broken Jaw! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
unholyjetiOffline
Post subject: Rules Question that I can't find  PostPosted: Aug 20, 2004 - 03:26 PM

Ok, so I have a playoff going on right now in my league. A question was posed as "can one coach give another coach money from their treasury, so that they can hire an all star for their game?" I wasn't sure how to answer, so I said I'd get back at them about it. However, I can't find anything on it in the rules book, and was wondering if any of you guys knew?

Reply with quote Back to top
Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 20, 2004 - 03:28 PM

There's nothing in the rulebook against it, but most league commishes disallow it as it completely throws off the balance of the league and makes things no fun for anyone.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 23, 2004 - 03:58 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
We allow loans in our league - mainly to enable teams that get a few dead players recover a little quicker. The value of the loan counts against both teams TR.

It isn't allowed during the play offs as people start to play favourites and creates ill feeling.

MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 24, 2004 - 04:00 AM

England
We allow loans and gifts and whatever Machiavellian financial arrangements coaches want to make between themselves (but not between an individual's own teams). After all dodgey monetary transactions are an established part of BB. Very Happy Having said that no one has chosen to do any of this so far. If they did then the cash would only count towards the TV of the team that ended up with it, though they would certainly spend it immediately so whatever they bought would count towards their TV.

IIRC all the leagues I've played in have allowed coaches to dispose of their cash in any way they wished, and it did not cause any bad feelings that I am aware of.

unholyjetiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 24, 2004 - 11:44 AM

Thanks guys for the reply's, I decided to not allow it yet, but since we are in our playoffs and the new season will be starting soon, we will vote on it. Razz

Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 24, 2004 - 12:22 PM

United States of America
it's actually in the original rule book that teams can loan $$ to other teams....and be a git and not pay it back. This section was trimmed out when the LRB was made. I think it was in Jervis's one page rant.

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 24, 2004 - 12:48 PM

Yes and because it was in the rules, we allowed it back then. But we disallowed it before LRB came out because of abuse.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic