NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 15, 2024 - 11:07 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Double skulls.. and no re-roll rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DarkDancer17Offline
Post subject: Blizzard, Stunty, etc...  PostPosted: Sep 07, 2004 - 11:19 PM

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Howdy folks,

This came up...

As per Stunty, they treat all passing categories as if they were one higher... i.e. Short Pass becomes a Long Pass.

The same applies to Throw Team-Mate...

The question that came up, is does a Blizzard affect this? i.e., are Gobbos able to make a Short Pass, (which to them is a Long Pass)?

Does Strong Arm help overcome a Blizzard? i.e., are you able to make Long Passes, as they count as Short for a person with Strong Arm?

Thanks!

Reply with quote Back to top
Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 08, 2004 - 12:34 AM

Strong arm doesn't extend the range of passes. Just as it doesn't allow you to dump off to short pass range, neither does it allow you to throw long passes through a blizzard. Besides, the problem with a blizzard is that you can't see far enough, and having a strong arm doesn't improve your vision.

As for stunties, the answer is less obvious. Because of the fact that a blizzard limits vision and being stunty limits strength, you could say that the answer is the same as above. But then again, stunties are limited not only by their strength, but also by their impaired vision since they aren't tall enough to see the field above other players' heads. However, a blizzard doesn't really pile onto that limitation; it just adds another limitation that says you can't see a thing past a certain point. Unfortunately, the rules themselves aren't clear on this (that i know), so it could be argued either way. Personally, i'd rule as above that the effect is not cumulative.

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 08, 2004 - 11:42 AM

Undisclosed
So just to confirm...it sound like you are saying that a Dump Off can only go to what is marked on the Range Ruler as a Quick Pass.

I think it can be argued that a player with Strong Arm would be able to make a longer Quick Pass than a player with average arm strength. (Therefore enabling him to make a Dump Off to areas of the Range Ruler that are marked Quick Pass and Short Pass. For him...they are both Quick Passes.)

He could reach either with a flick of the wrist...no real exertion for Mr. John Smell-Way. (Nurgle QB of Fame and Reknown.)

NAF Member #5236
---

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 08, 2004 - 02:03 PM

This question has been answered years ago. Strong arm doesn't affect dump offs, that's a pretty well known doctrine by now.

GalakStarscraperOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 08, 2004 - 03:42 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

United States of America

Blizzard is meant to be an actual limit on the range bands.

Thus while Stunty Short Passes are treated as long for Blizzard purposes they are still Short.

Thus ... yes, a Stunty can throw to Short in a blizzard as can a Big Guy throw to Short for a TTM in a Blizzard.

Galak

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 08, 2004 - 03:48 PM

Undisclosed
Hmmm...I still say Smell-Way can do it...he can do anything!

-Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 08, 2004 - 06:33 PM

Your commish should never have allowed that. Had he read the proper FAQ, he wouldn't have.

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 08, 2004 - 09:54 PM

Undisclosed
Ummm...John Smell-Way is a fictitious player on a non existent team.
Rolling Eyes
I was making a joke. However, if it makes you feel better I can flog the imaginary Commissioner that allowed this travesty to take place and relieve him of his make-believe duties.
Very Happy
-Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic