NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 03, 2024 - 01:32 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
She has Very Long Legs, Sure Hands and a Hypnotic Gaze! rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 02, 2004 - 10:52 AM

Canada
      kwailung wrote:
If you're standing in the square with the ball, I think you have to pick it up first -- isn't it compulsory, like having to try and catch a ball that lands on your player?

Well that is my whole question! I thought I heard somewehere that you have the option to try and block first, but could not find it in the rules. (This is the problem of being an "old git" I have played so many editions of BB that sometimes I look for a rule that is from an older rulebook!) Razz

kwailung wrote:
Now, you could always try and blitz from the other side to remove the tackle zone on the ball, couldn't you?

In a perfect world, kwailung, in a perfect world..... but sometimes you only have the one choice.

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Reply with quote Back to top
KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 02, 2004 - 02:13 PM

Undisclosed
Spazz-
Not that the JavaBowl is the end-all/be-all source of answers for rules questions,BUT...last night when I was playing a game, I did a blitz with a treeman..ran to the square with the ball, hoping the ball would squirt out, or at least that I'd be able to make the block first, and he automatically tried (and failed Rolling Eyes ) to pick up the ball. This caused a TO and he was unable to throw the block.

Now if the developer of that game put it the accurate ruling for this in his code...then maybe the first action that a player MUST take when entering a square with the ball is to make the PU attempt. (I believe that in LRB 3 all but the Fanatic can try to pick up the ball. In his case it would probably scatter.)

Does that make sense to anyone? Is that the way the "flow" of actions must be done?

-Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

Darkson
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 02, 2004 - 02:23 PM

Undisclosed
You must always try to pick up the ball if you enter the square where the ball is. So yeah, if you want to Blitz someone and have to g through the square with the ball, you must try to pick it up, and if you fail it's a TO.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

kwailungOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 03, 2004 - 07:43 AM

What Darkson said. It's on p. 9 of LRB 3.0, for anyone who wants to look it up. First sentence under "Picking up the ball":

"If a player moves into a square in which the ball is lying, they must attempt to pick it up, and -- if they wish and are able -- carry on moving."

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic