NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 03, 2024 - 10:30 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
One, reroll, one. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BUDOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 08, 2004 - 12:02 PM

Hey Brian, not sure what it is about your House Rulez website but the pictures never ever work for me... Anyways, the rules look good and i'll see you all there!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Reply with quote Back to top
CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 09, 2004 - 02:55 PM

What browser are you using?

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 09, 2004 - 04:13 PM

Undisclosed
Brian-

I use Internet Explorer 6, and I am also unable to see the photos.

-Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

BenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 09, 2004 - 05:18 PM

Canada
I see red x's when i'm not logged on into House rulez. Once i log in the pictures seem to work.

Ben

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 09, 2004 - 07:23 PM

United States of America
I got failure several times despite being logged in. Eventually it worked though. No problems with the thumbnail versions just when you try and see the big ones.

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 10, 2004 - 04:37 PM

Canada
Just six more sleeps until Deathbowl! woo hoo!

I will be bringing up a vampire counts team that I just bought for some fun play on the side. Want to see how bad these guys really suck! (no pun intended). As for wahich team I am playing at the tourney - am still undecided, but the orcs are asking for a chance to redeem themselves!

Also wondering if there were more people in trying out Zombie's proposal for the "Ultimate Team" challenge - where you use any players you want from any team with no limitations - just have to add up to 1000K. Anyone?

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 10, 2004 - 05:27 PM

What i had in mind was a round of Double Bowl mostly. How we manage the races involved is still undecided. We could do both concepts at once, but the Double Bowl idea is the one which i would most like to try, because if it's successful i could make an entire tournament of it.

P.S. I haven't received any PMs yet from anyone about Friday night (not even from you). There certainly won't be any games on Friday night if you guys don't get in contact with me to get my phone number.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 10, 2004 - 08:27 PM

Canada
      Zombie wrote:
P.S. I haven't received any PMs yet from anyone about Friday night (not even from you). There certainly won't be any games on Friday night if you guys don't get in contact with me to get my phone number.

Oh there will be games...... maybe you're not invited! Wink

Just ribbing you! Will PM you.

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 10, 2004 - 08:40 PM

I meant "there won't be any Double Bowl games", in case that wasn't clear.

Six_Foot_DwarfOffline
Post subject: the "new" Mummy/Big Guy rules...  PostPosted: Oct 11, 2004 - 09:13 PM

Hey Brian. I haven't seen anyone post a comment about the new "No General skills to Big Guys/Mummies" rule. Am I the only one here that hates this??? haha Is this rule really on the BBRC's list?? I hope and pray not. I heard the Chaos Cup is trying it out, but.... Man, that's really kicking a lot of teams in the teeth, especially Undead. Strangely enough the team I switched to is getting kicked hard too...Rats. A Wild Animal without Block is a no-go. Pretty much erasing a pick from our roster. Not only that, but it means you guys are gonna face even MORE Gutters!!! muhahaha Not good for you.

Well, the team's all done and ready to go. I dunno what time we (me, Bud, Cam and maybe Trev) will be on the road, but we most likely won't be there til late on Fri. But we'll be there for sure...to right that wrong. hehe

Good to see more of the locals will be there this year. We're getting tired of beating up on eachother. hehehe It'll be fun to beat up on people we don't see every week for a change.

BANZAI!!!!

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 11, 2004 - 09:39 PM

Undisclosed
Let's not forget that the Flings are even weaker with this. Treeman without access to Block or Pro...

Let's see...they only show-up for the first half of each game on a 4-6. Then when they are there their blocks are unreliable...how many teams can't neutralize that STR 6 on the line with their own big guy, or STR 4 Black Orc/Bull Centaur/Mummie flanked with a Lineman or two with guard.

Then you try to use throw teammate with Agility 2. No Pro? No team Re-Rolls? Wow this throw team mate should work really often.

Whats left? STR 2 and slow as dirt? But my they are fun. (Until the game starts. Sad )

Play testing with this team has been a very frustrating experience. (Especially when consecutive turns end early when those 3+ dodges fail twice on the first or second 'Fling. This has happened at lease once or twice every other game. Gee...I sure hope we can find a way to screw these guys even more...)

-Rob

P.S. If I sound bitter...it's because I am. I will apologize in advance for my behaviour. I will try my best to take it in stride at the Death Bowl...but this team has no shot in any format. I am sure that I will be losing points for sportsmanship this time around. Please know that it will not be permanant. It sucks having to go into something with the knowledge that there is no possibility of victory in order avoid freaking out. Oh well...free points for my opponents.

-Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

Zombie
Post subject: Re: the "new" Mummy/Big Guy rules...  PostPosted: Oct 11, 2004 - 09:45 PM

Six_Foot_Dwarf wrote:
Hey Brian. I haven't seen anyone post a comment about the new "No General skills to Big Guys/Mummies" rule. Am I the only one here that hates this???

Go to the House Rulez website and you'll see that you're not the only one who hates it.

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 11, 2004 - 09:55 PM

Hey, halflings complaining about not being able to reroll stuff? Now that's ironic. Their opponents will have to play with zero reroll for the entire game...

Treemen are AG1 by the way. Doesn't matter much for TTM though. And that's another area where you shouldn't complain since orcs and goblins need to make a really stupid and an always hungry roll before they can even make the throw.

I think halflings can do really well in this tournament. A good coach could win the first 5 rounds with them just as easily as with any other team. For the final though (a Death Bowl game), that's another story...

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 11, 2004 - 10:13 PM

Undisclosed
Zombie-
This coming from the guy who played the all Block team...and didn't do terribly well. Talk about stacked.

I guess you'll be taking the 'Flings at the tourney then since you're convinced that they'll do well.

By the way...the chef is the only thing that the 'Flings can rely on...and even with that...who cares if I can't re-roll the two and three dice blocks that I will get EVERY turn against the Flings. And it does matter for TTM when the MV 2 Trees have the tacklezones to consider. (When they even bother to show-up.)

Also, your Orc and Goblin argument isn't a valid one as they have other options. The 'Flings are a one trick pony...even the gobbo teams don't have to worry about the Troll showing up, nor do they have a 50% chance of not gettingg up once knocked on the ground. Sure they are RS, but the nearby Gobs help with that...there is no releif for that on the 'Fling team.

If you think that the Flings can do really well...perhaps you should back that statement up by using them yourself. If not...then let me complain. That will not get me anything at the end of the day...but at least I will get it off my chest.

-Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

Zombie
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 11, 2004 - 10:42 PM

I've played halflings before, and did well with them. I almost played halflings at last year's Death Bowl but backed off because one in three teams was either dwarf or chaos dwarf. I know from experience that halflings can win, and i wouldn't be afraid to take them to a tournament with that intent. Halflings are a great TR 100 team, and very underestimated.

But in this Death Bowl final, the master chef will not be very effective, and that's the only reason i'm not playing halflings this year (well, that and the fact that there's this other team that i'm really itching to try).

Have you ever tried guard on the trees? Very effective, and so is multiple block. Are you aware that you can give a treeman block or pass on a double? Not too shaby. You can get two skills on each treeman in this tournament, instead of the standard one, which means fewer useless skills on halflings. Do you know how overpowered an AG4 fling is? You've got a 29% chance of picking up at least one in this tournament. You've also got a 41% chance of picking up at least one MA3 treeman, another jewel to be treasured. These tournament rules are actually very good for halflings, except for the Death Bowl final where you finally get the shaft. You've got no right to complain in the first 5 games. In those games, you'll have an extremely competitive team. From the looks of things, there will even be very few dwarf and chaos dwarf teams this year. Most people who played them last year are either not coming back or switching race.

Have you ever played goblins before? You think that halflings have a tough time throwing players? Trolls are so bad at throwing that Da_Scum paid huge money (i think it was 320k) to hire a star troll for the Spike just so that he wouldn't have to roll for very stupid and always hungry when throwing. Because he bought the star troll at such inflated price, he could only afford one rookie troll, not to mention a lot less rerolls and reserve. At the Spike, rookie trolls could get block, and the star couldn't. He still swears that it was worth it for him. Trolls downright suck at throwing players. Treemen are by far the best big guy throwers in the entire game. The only advantage goblins have over halflings is secret weapons, and they've been pretty much disallowed in this tournament. I pitty the guy playing goblins in this one, but not the guy playing halflings. Not until the final game anyway.

And why did you even bring up pro? Who cares if treemen can get pro on a double... they'd take leader long before that. And most tournaments don't let you get traits anyway.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic