NAF Logo
leftstar May 23, 2024 - 02:56 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Waterbowl are overrated rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darkson
Post subject: Spiky Open - thanks guys.  PostPosted: Oct 18, 2004 - 03:27 PM

Undisclosed
Just a quick note to say thanks to Dave and all the Spiky guys for yet another great tourney. Once again, I had a blast.

Took Skaven (always a risk with my ranking Wink ) and managed a 3/0/3 record for the weekend.

So, thank to the 2 guys I demolished, Ryan and Luke (sorry guys, forget you NAF names). A special thanks to Ryan for the soundtrack - made the game! Wink Laughing
Thanks to the 2 guys who demolished me, Dan and Louis (Louis, must be my turn next then! Wink )
And thanks to the 2 guys where the games could have gone either way, Lycos (a loss) and Mordred (a win! Shocked ).

Have to say my game against Mordred wil, for me, always be a memorable one. He'd taken Chaos, and showed what a good player he is by having them up in the top tables (on table 2 at one stage). I scored early in the first half, and then had to play a desperate defence for the remaining 13 turns. I readily admit that I got a HUGE slice of luck to stop the score in turns 7 and 8 2nd half, but even if I'd lost or drawn the game, I can't remember ever being to drained, mentally and phyiscally, at then end.

Mordred, I'd offer you a re-match anytime, but I don't think my nerves would take it! Wink

So, thanks again to the Spiy club, and to all the BB'ers there. Nice to see a lot of you again, and if I don't see you before, catch you at the BB.

#27 of the "24 club" (due to some dodgy accounting)

Reply with quote Back to top
MordreddOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 19, 2004 - 04:52 AM

England
I'll add my thanks as well; it was a hugely enjoyable event. Very Happy

(Except that last foul fest of a game. How can you get fouled 12 turns straight without a single player getting sent off? Mad Evil or Very Mad One beastman left on the pitch at the end. Not an experience I want to repeat any time soon.)

Thanks to my opponents, GlumEllis and Mawph for putting up a good if futile fight. To Sputnik and Darkson for your indestructible can't-fail-a-thing Skaven and Erix for never giving up, despite a painful 8 casualties, and earning a draw. I look forward to our next meeting.

And Darkson, my brothers a doctor so I'm sure we can arrange some prescription meds to calm you down. Wink Laughing

LouisXOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 19, 2004 - 06:54 AM

Undisclosed

No problem Simon. Paul showed me the game before how to injure RO with...another RO Wink

I am ze butcher of ze butcher of ze French ! Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
RonnieOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 20, 2004 - 06:15 AM

don't worry about it darkson about the soundtracks i was all in a days work Laughing.

By the way i will extract my revenge against you someday drason for the thrashing u gave me in spikey Twisted Evil but you were right it was a good game and i day i will find a good tourney team sooner or later

Thx Spikey club for a great tourney very challenging and i will almost certainly come again. So look out Darkson im coming to get ya Mr. Green

Best Performance Bloodbowl 2006
Worst Performance Spikey 2004

dwarfcoachOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 20, 2004 - 06:44 AM
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl

Ronnie4655 wrote:
Thx Spikey club for a great tourney very challenging and i will almost certainly come again.

Great stuff, next time come out a have some food / beers as well Very Happy . Altough next time I definately don't plan on walking for 40mins before the first pint..... Question Twisted Evil

224th at The World Cup II

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic