NAF Logo
leftstar May 28, 2024 - 10:08 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Triple Skulls. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
destroOffline
Post subject: Foul Appearance  PostPosted: Feb 16, 2005 - 08:06 AM

Question,

does foul appearance stack with other foul appearances? and does it work even when the player is knocked prone?

Reply with quote Back to top
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 16, 2005 - 08:27 AM

Canada
I know that this was discussd before, but I cannot remember what they said about "stacking" the modifier for FA.

But I remember the discussion agreeing that ugly was ugly, and so even if prone, they have the modifier. (Maybe not if stunned, 'cuz then they're face down!) Wink

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

destroOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 16, 2005 - 08:34 AM

thats rough, especially if they stack. we have a player in our league who has 4 players with it. with the three square range he can usually get at least two guys in the way.
if they dont stack then its fine, if it does stack then it seems a little too powerful considering you cant counter it except removing the player from the field.

AramilOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 16, 2005 - 09:31 AM

Undisclosed
It has been discussed a lot of times... if you make a search you'll find how many Wink

By the way.. yes, they stack, also when they're prone.

...and remember that counts for passing, receiving a pass, receiving an hand off, intercepting.

My opinion about it: no, I don't think it's so powerful... it's always a double... and it's useful only when you have many of them. If your league-mate has 4 Foul Appearance in his team that means that he used 4 doubles for that instead having some other (and always useful) skills/traits/mutations, or that he uses Nurgle's Rotters, and that's the only strenght of that team togheter with the Beast's tentacles...

Just play the running game instead of the passing one and you solved the problem Wink

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 16, 2005 - 04:13 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
If your opponent has got 4 Foul Appearences either he's playing Rotters, and needs all the help he can get, or he's chosen to take it instead of skills like Tentacles, Claw or RSF.

destroOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 20, 2005 - 02:26 AM

unfortunately for us, the chaos player already had things like claw and tentacles to go with all the foul appearences. he ended up winning the league as well.

DisdaneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2005 - 07:00 AM

I've often thought of making a team based around foul appearance and pass block, but in most of the leagues I've played in people play more ball control than a passing game.

destroOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 23, 2005 - 11:59 PM

well we have 24 to 32 players during our seasons and you see a good amount of the elf and other agility based teams. and there is quite a bit of passing, even from some of the slower teams. I passed often with my chaos dwarves that league and one of our top rated passers was actually a Dwarf thrower! So his foul appearence really helped him.
he was using foul appearence in an attempt to slow down fast scoring teams and force them into the running game. by them running the ball, it gave his guys more chances to throw blocks and put guys out until he had a numbers advantage. the natural running teams played right into his plans. it worked really well, especially when you have a minotaur and four STR4 chaos warriors tricked out for pain.

DisdaneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 25, 2005 - 07:34 AM

Yeah I really want to try it eventually. Unfortunately in my league if you don't keep up with the other guys in taking the guard skill with everyone possible you end up getting beat down with 2 die blocks.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic