NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 07, 2024 - 07:20 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Bloodweiser. The best an Orc can git. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
philOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 08, 2005 - 09:08 AM

as far as rooms go - i'm not going to accompanied by the wife & kids (everyone is sick, i'm being a bit of a bastard sneaking out actually), but i'm an antisocial socially-anxious habbit-affected bastard who can't sleep in hotel rooms anyway, much less hotel rooms with people who'se snoring is unfamiliar to me... anyway, point being, jim's got me in a big-ol suite and while i may have packed on a few pounds in the last year or three, i'm not going to need that much space.... so, anyone who has a regular-sized room reserved by chance and wants to trade up for the space, let me know...

yeah, i know, i'm violating my "im not posting on the mainstream message boards anymore" vow - whaddever.

and by "let me know" i mean contact me in one of the places you know i'll be looking, since i might come back here for the map on friday afternoon, but don't expect me to notice if you mention it to me here otherwise, eh...

Reply with quote Back to top
redjackOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 08, 2005 - 11:34 AM

Old_Man_Monkey wrote:

Uhnn... Troy, you just failed your first BB pub quiz... (too funny really! I chuckled almost aloud...)

Norse and Louis (et al) were the authors of the Streetbowl version and will happily kick your butt all evening as they teach you the game... please bring your pitch - I would love to see it and I'm sure they would as well - being the proud parents they are and all....

Doh! Embarassed Oh, THAT StreetBowl??? Heh. Mr. Green

Anyway, has anyone tried a four-way streetbowl? With an intersection and 4 teams? Could either do a two team vs two team, or a 4-way free-for-all! Woot! Wouldn???t even need a ball! Twisted Evil (We could call it Mordheim... Wink )

My streets and buildings aren???t anything special ??? but highly portable! (Okay, it???s all paper ??? but it looks pretty good??? I???ll post some pics soon???)

So, if any of the SB masters would be willing, I???d be more than willing to be beaten by them??? Worship

(And OMM ??? you should know I???m the worst at Pub Quiz??? My only saving grace last year was the multiple guess format allowed me to average a 25%??? My strategy is ???Always choose C??? Skull )

redjackOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 09, 2005 - 04:56 PM

Streetbowl street pics available here:

http://redjackbb.blogspot.com/

Mr. Green

TorporOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 10, 2005 - 05:57 AM

Undisclosed
Good Luck Guys. Hope that you all have a great weekend. Very Happy

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2005 - 02:55 AM

Undisclosed
Hey, and thanks again for the candy, Torps - PB will get the first choice but the rest will be pub prizes tonight! Wink

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 12, 2005 - 04:57 PM

Undisclosed
Well, the boyz from Paris did not come to the USA just to party (although Louis cut the rug on the dance floor Friday night...); Yohann and Louis meet tomorrow in the fourth round at Table 1. But two Floridians are hot on their trail - Gabe Garcia and Dio Carrera - and it will be a French v. Lustrian final if thinks proceed...

OK more scores tomorrow and now to dinner and drinking!

OMM

TorporOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 14, 2005 - 07:39 AM

Undisclosed
A Few Results as passed on to me-

Longshot wins with an overtime TD
Second - not sure (Jim, please fill in)
Third + Most Casualties - skummy
Fourth + Pub Quiz - gken1
Most Touchdowns - VTDoogie
Best Painted + Most Sporting - Norse

It sounded like everyone enjoyed themselves.

vt_doogieOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 14, 2005 - 09:33 AM

United States of America
Believe it was a local florida coach ?Dio? who came in second, losing to Longshot in final after failing a GFI to win on turn8 of second half. OT didn't look good for Dio after the player trying to win CAS'd themself. I believe I saw 5-6 in the Injury box and some in the KO box at begin of OT kicking...

I have Snots to thank for the TD mark. His Orges joy of throwing skull/skulbang rerolled to double skulls. (happened at least 2 times and perhaps a 3rd) That allowed my pro elves to survive an score and score and score.

LouisX helped Skummy win the CAS trophy when he beat Skummy's undead 4-2 with Skaven, but Skummy racked up 8 CAS by blocking in that game.

VTdoogie

redjackOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 14, 2005 - 06:18 PM

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came to orklando for the big bash. Especially my opponents - Iron Mike, Louis X, Darien and Skummy - I had a great time, and learned a lot! (Especially about mummies... Skull )

And the one opponent I'm so glad I got to play (and not just because I won... Wink ) - Old Man Monkey!

Jim - thanks not only for a good game, but for a great tournament. Everything ran smoothly, (although I''m still convinced you arranged the late pizza both days to allow for your slow gameplay Mr. Green ) and I didn't hear from anyone who didn't have a great time.

You da best, OMM. Already looking forward to next year, and hopefully other chances to get together in the meantime.

Woot! Trophy

(p.s. - give it a day or so, but check out some pictures at the link in my sig... )

KarlLagerbottomOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 14, 2005 - 11:30 PM

Undisclosed
Woaw!!!

I am just getting in after another lost Blood Bowl weekend. The long trek to and from TKC2 has left me exahausted, but very excited.

My 1-3-1 record is pretty concistant with my previous tourney performances...but thanks to OldManMonkey and to an excellent and varied group of coaches from around the world...I am getting smashed by a whole new class of coach. Smile

It was great to meet, and lose, to all of you...but you should know that I'll be back!!! Smile

Special Thanks go out to Jim and Rita for organizing and hosting an awesome tourney...to gken1 and Skummy for enduring hours of endless prattle while hauling my sizeable girth down to FLA...to my opponents in order and outcome (As I can best remember it in my current haze Rolling Eyes )

Dio: 3-2 Loss (Winning Norse TD in the Blizzard pushing it down the field.)

OMM: 2-0 Win (Thanks to many distractions, TO Duties, and three failed
GFIs with his SureFeet BullCentaurs in the first 5 turns.)

Longshot: 2-1 Loss to the #1 NAF coach in the world. (He picks up the ball approx four squares from his own endzone and scores in one turn. Yohan, thanks for the lesson and showing me that anything is possible. Smile )

Snotsandgrots: 1-1 Tie. (Possibly the World's smartest Ogres, and certainly one of the funnest (Is that a word) coaches you can meet or play on the circuit.)

Paul: 3-1 Loss. (This vicious Undead Team pummled my team into the pitch. And no I am not talking about the Mummies or the Wights, no...not even the Zombies or the Skellies...I am talking about the Ghoul who killed my Rat Ogre on turn 2 or 3 of the first half.) YES, I had an apoth...he was already used by that point on a BH GutterRunner!!! Yes, by Turn 3....needless to say it went downhill from there. Smile

Thanks also goes out to Torg for being my roomie for this great tourney...and to everyone else who made this a great weekend.

::whew::

Now I'm off to lick my wounds, get some rest...and try to prepare for the Challange of Q'ermitt!!

-Rob

NAF Member #5236
---

XeterogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 15, 2005 - 10:13 AM

Texas
Just chiming in to agree with everyone that this was a great tourney..lots and lots of fun to be had Smile Great people to meet and some pretty good bloodbowl played.

My dwarves didn't really show up to play until Sunday tho..losing all three games on Saturday. I'm going to blame it on positioning...as I played from the 'red' EZ on Sunday and that is the 'Evil' side...and dwarves are NOT evil..really they aren't Wink Sunday, I switched to the 'Blue' end, and won both games handily

Game 1 vs a Norse team (patrick I think)..and I lost 3-1 in the casualty column (as well as going down 1-0 in TD's) It was fun to play tho.

Game 2 vs Torg's Chaos Dwarves, where neither team could get anything other than a stun (even the KO's got turned into stuns thanks to Thick Skull). He did win 2-0 mainly on the strength of his BC's only needing to use Sure Feet ONCE in the game (turn 6 of the 2nd half btw)...even tho the 2nd half was played in a blizzard.

Game 3 vs Undead (I'm horrible rememberint names..)..Dirty Steve, the Zombie with DP kills a blitzer on turn 1 via a foul (luckily I had an apothecary), and that is the last casualty the Undead cause the whole game. Depite this, I lose 1-0..with a valiant attempt to tie the game coming up just a bit short on turn 8.

Then sunday came, and it was a different day for the dwarves of KAMU Smile
Game 4 saw me on the next to last table facing an Ogre team...and I showed them how to score TD's, winnign handily 4-1. Their lone TD came on a TTM pass on the last turn of the game when I kicked it way out of bounds to 'help 'em out' some Smile

game 5 saw the perfect match up for my dwarves..playing vs. the lone Goblin team (coached by tucker i think). Very nicely painted goblin team (I really liked the basies), but that did not help them much as all, as I rolled over them 3-0 (and 5-0 in casualties)

Final rankings put me smack dab in the middle of the pack..#13 in a 26 coach tourney (it was a 4-way tie for 13th place, btw).

Hopefully, I'll be able to make it again next year, as it was a lot of fun...

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 16, 2005 - 08:46 AM

Undisclosed
Well, ze French are delivered to the airport, thanks to the graces of IronMike and lovely Rachel; Snots is safely home again after a rather riotous three days of partying. Torg and I are slowly detoxing and going through the recovery process of post tournament celebrating...

Thanks to all the coaches from near and far - it was a great time and I trust that everyone enjoyed themselves... superb to see old friends and greet new ones and I'm pleased so many planned some vacation time so they could be about the overcast skies (these past three days!) of FLA...

Probably will play closer to home and control the environment more next year, so be ready for the opening night mixer... at the CASTLE!!!!

Take care - please post or drop me PM to let me know you've arrived safely home again... take care and thanks again from the bottom of an old monkey's heart...

OMM

ColinOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 16, 2005 - 02:39 PM

I have to thank OMM for putting on a great tourney. I had a great time, still in FLA, won't get back until Friday (still staying at OMM's place, thanks OMM for being such a gracious host). I really look forward to next year, I will really try to get back for this one. Good news that it may be moved to Tampa, but OMM, the Castle rocks, but if the openining night is spent there we might not have anyone is shape to play the openniing game (unless you plan on starting after noon) Wink
just ask Louis or Longshot, or Snots about the Castle, great place, lots of atmosphere and hot chicks, would be kinda cool to check it out on a friday or saturday night. Wink

snew
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 16, 2005 - 06:31 PM

Old_Man_Monkey wrote:
so be ready for the opening night mixer... at the CASTLE!!!!

Gaaahh! I don't get to sleep till 4am when we go to the Castle. Wait, we don't go to bed till then anyway. The Castle it is then! Night 1 of the trip ought to make it easier than night 5 of the trip. Razz

Travel safely Yohann and Louis. Torg, let that monkey rest a bit.

It's good to be home but it's always sad to see an end to the weekend. I met a lot of great people and made some new friends. This was a great trip! THanks from the bottom of my heart OMM. You're the best. King The standard has been set and the bar is set HIGH!

BenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 17, 2005 - 01:24 PM

Canada
You guys all make me sick!! Wink

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic