NAF Logo
leftstar Jul 03, 2024 - 03:25 PM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Fly little halfling, Fly rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SpazzfistOffline
Post subject: Foul Appearance question  PostPosted: May 17, 2005 - 08:42 PM

Canada
Sorry if this one has been answered before, I did a quick search and was unable to find out for sure.

To recap a player with FA will cause a -1 to catch and pass the ball if within 3 squares. does that mean it will be -2 if they are actually in the tackle zone? (-1 for FA, -1 for tazckle Zone)

Thanks,

Spazz

#1 Nurgle coach in Canada (formerly the world!)
#1 Snotling coach in Canada

Reply with quote Back to top
DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 17, 2005 - 08:47 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Yes - and FA's are cumulative too so if you are within 3 squares of 3 of them that's -3.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2005 - 07:11 AM

Canada
... or if all three are in your tackle zone, it would be -6! Shocked

DisdaneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2005 - 08:13 AM

The whole Pass Block/Foul Appearance combo is still something I really would like to try in a league.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2005 - 08:41 PM

Canada
Yeah, it would be quite cool! But remember that in order to use the Pass Block skill you do have to get into the catchers or thrower's tackle zone, not just into three squares. (too bad!)

I am looking to start a local league around here, if I do then I might play the Nurgle team for fun.

Spazz

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 18, 2005 - 09:16 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
With Rotters Block & Guard are higher priorties that Pass Block - and for the beast its a double Sad

DisdaneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2005 - 11:25 AM

Quote:
Yeah, it would be quite cool! But remember that in order to use the Pass Block skill you do have to get into the catchers or thrower's tackle zone, not just into three squares. (too bad!)

Incorrect, the move can be made to either put the thrower or catcher into your tackle zone, or if it puts your player in position to attempt an interception.

DisdaneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2005 - 11:29 AM

Oh and I was thinking more along the lines of a Chaos team.

4 Chaos warriors each eventually having Block, Guard & Stand Firm to anchor angainst a ball control running style team.

2-4 Beastmen with Foul Appearance & Pass Block.

After that I could mix it up with the remaining Beastmen.

SpazzfistOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2005 - 11:53 AM

Canada
      Disdane wrote:
      Quote:

Incorrect, the move can be made to either put the thrower or catcher into your tackle zone, or if it puts your player in position to attempt an interception.

Oi! I had forgotten about that one! Exclamation

That makes it much more useful! there could even be the possibility of putting both the catcher and the thrower in the range of the FA if they are making a quick or short pass! Wicked! I am liking this moreand more!

It makes me start to believe that in a tourney setting, that pass block might be even more useful than block if you are playing a lot of fast, passing teams.

Spazz

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 19, 2005 - 05:59 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
FA on beasts works quite well as a strategy - however you are giving up taking Big Hand, Claw or any other mutations if you want 4 FA's on the team.

Shutting down passing (because people will just choose not to pass) is good - but then you run into the trouble that most teams don't pass much anyway. Very Happy

DisdaneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 20, 2005 - 02:23 PM

Depends on the league you're in. My league the ball gets thrown around quite a bit and even if they go ground attack that's the reason for the 4 Chaos Warriors with Block, Guard & Stand Firm.

I did a dwarf team one season with eventually a line of stand firms and it really threw the ball control running teams for a loop since they weren't able to push my line back even if they got a Pow .

Big Hand doesn't really bother me. I've never had much trouble picking up the ball with 3 agility teams and I've had my fun with Claw & RSF. Not to mention with 4 Chaos Warriors and 4 Beastmen with FA/Pass Block that still leaves me 3 more Beastmen with Claw, RSF or Big Hand.

snew
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 20, 2005 - 05:23 PM

Disdane wrote:

Big Hand doesn't really bother me. I've never had much trouble picking up the ball with 3 agility teams and I've had my fun with Claw & RSF. Not to mention with 4 Chaos Warriors and 4 Beastmen with FA/Pass Block that still leaves me 3 more Beastmen with Claw, RSF or Big Hand.

Wow, you roll a lot of doubles if every one of them get one or two mutations. Rolling Eyes I guess that should be expected with no 1s or 2s on your dice though. Laughing

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2005 - 03:15 AM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
4 Stand Firm CWs is nice - too, lots of doubles for everyone. On 12 skills (4 CW x 3 each) you'd expect 2-, And then you want 4 FAs too.Very Happy

I was just making the point that the FA strategy is a good one- but there is a downside in that you are turning down choices that are just as good - if not better.

DisdaneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 21, 2005 - 08:50 AM

Actually I know I don't post much but if you have read some of my other posts the league I play in goes by the original Bloodbowl and Death Zone books with a lot of modified league rules. We don't go by the skills/traits rules that have been added. So my 4 Chaos Warriors can get any strength skill on the list without needing to roll doubles. So all I really need doubles for is Foul Appearance.

It's a never ending league like the NFL at the end of each season we have player cuts & retirements. We also make trades and have a draft before the beginning of each new season. Player's costs go up depending upon how many star player points they have. So just like in the NFL base no point skaven gutter runner is paid like a 3rd string wide receiver where skaven gutter runner with the added SPP's and skills like sprint, sure feet & really long legs is paid more like Randy Moss.

In a NAF or another league going by LRB4.0 I would never consider that type of team because like you state it would be next to impossible, but in our league I've deffinately thought about it. It would just require a complete change up in my current team considering I only have 1 Chaos Warrior on my team at the momment and that would mean a lot of trades or picking up some more Chaos Warriors or Beastmen if they are available in the next draft.

DoubleskullsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 22, 2005 - 05:52 PM
Ex-Rulz Committee

Undisclosed
Ah - I didn't realise you were playing 3rd ed. That makes a bit more sense then. Not quite such an unrealistic expectation about your skill rolls Very Happy

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic