NAF Logo
leftstar Sep 27, 2024 - 10:11 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Max Kneecap Mittleman found dead. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 - 07:16 AM

United States of America
      MightyZug wrote:
We need to organize our own coach representative Blood Bowl rules committee. What GW and Jervis don't want is another Rules revolution marginalizing the game. What we want as coaches is to have influence over the rules set of a fantastic game that we've kept alive, contrary to GW's best efforts to let the game pass away.

Won't work....cuz all of us coaches would just have another vault on our hands. Too many differing opinions and stuff.

Reply with quote Back to top
OdysseusOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 - 09:49 AM

The system we had was working for 3 years...why did they have to mess it up?

That's the question I'd like Neo to to answer. What happened? It was running (as far as we could see) pretty smoothly.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 28, 2005 - 03:27 PM

United States of America
      Odysseus wrote:
The system we had was working for 3 years...why did they have to mess it up?

That's the question I'd like Neo to to answer. What happened? It was running (as far as we could see) pretty smoothly.

I don't think there was any real problem with the system except that they didn't put out little rules to play test so that they had more information to make their changes with.

But that system is gone and local leagues will have to deal with what is left in their own way.

McDethOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2005 - 07:24 AM

Well if the current systems intention through the vault is to discourage long time players away from the game then it succeeded, since the Vaults inception i've completely lost interest in the direction the game is going. i think i've made that more than clear in posts on other boards. The problem is i want to play with the official rules not have to house rule out everything i dont like. particularly as i want to play ijn tournaments, but the changes that are more and more becoming official now i find unneccessary and too cumbersome. Also the arguements seem to be driven by a vocal minority rather than represenative of the game.

Spending an hour before the game working everything out before you even roll a die is not my idea of fun. I want to be able to lay out the board put my team on it and start.

absentOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2005 - 10:02 AM

inducements are lame, but the cards are good fun imo, they have some problems yet, but thats why the are experimental, sorry can't resist pushing the cards, but i love 'em.

as for the rest of it, i wouldn't mind seeing it go away, but it's getting better mostly, sometimes it gets worse too though.

ChunkyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2005 - 09:42 PM

I must admit, I'm starting to think inducements are an overworked section of the vault. They seem to be a bit of a catch all solution for everything. I think I'll start exclusively testing the cards as inducements for a while in a way similar to the old Deathzone handicap system.

http://eucalyptus-bowl.doubleskulls.net/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
absentOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2005 - 11:46 PM

thats what my lrb 4.0 league does, only one player doesn't like the cards, he hated deathzone, and thinks these are the same.

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic