NAF Logo
leftstar Jun 30, 2024 - 08:15 AM
capleft
spacer
NAF World Headquarters
home forum rankings tourneys nyleague faq
Bloodweiser. The best an Orc can git. rightstar
capright

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 - 05:38 AM

United States of America
      snotsngrots wrote:
Hmmmm. His tournament and he won. Something's fishy in Beantown.

Laughing

Hope everyone had a good time.

It's not my fault I drew flings EVERY round Rolling Eyes

(There were no flings hurt in the production of this film - none showed up or they would have been) Wink

aka Rob (NAF #248)
President of the Lord Borak Fan Club
Founder of the GCLU
Commissioner, TO, Goblin King, NEBBN TSO

Reply with quote Back to top
Hoshi_KomiOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 - 07:13 AM

United States of America
So what were the final results??? Most TD? Most Cas....2nd...

I'll rip the hand from your dead fingers next year rob!!!

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 - 07:55 AM

United States of America
Hmm...geocities site has already exceeded it's capacity today Rolling Eyes

Champion - Melifaxis' Necromantic (Some Kinda Voodoo)
2nd Place - SBG's Chaos Dwarves (Schwartzwald Beer Gutters)
3rd Place - Raphael's Dwarves (Peace in Varsovia)
Most TD's - Bampf's Elves (Rivendale River Raiders)
Most Casualties - Robert Daniel's Dwarves (Dwarven Kings)
Best Painted - Bampf's Elves (Rivendale River Raiders) just edged out Zinak's Skaven (Skaven Scurvey)
Wooden Spoon - Garth's Humans (Buffalo Jills aka The Dirty Dozen)
Best NAF Rookie - Shane Yeager's Dark Elves (Moggra Corsairs)

Opening Round versus Opus (Mark Oliver) and his skaven squad, The Mouseketeers - Ogun once again took to the pitch and the spirit of this match was akin to the much coveted battle for the wooden spoon at The Rhody Rampage. It was a role-playing heavy battle where the skaven gave better than they got, winning the casualty war. But, some risky play along the sidelines sent several rats into the loving arms of their fans who refused to harm them. Still, I was able to capitalize on a numbers advantage on the pitch and score twice.
Final Score 2-0 (1-2 CAS)

Round Two versus Zinak (Kent Nelson) and his skaven squad, Skaven Scurvy ??? Victory can be attributed to one thing really, breaking his Rat Ogre???s chain. It must have been very intimidating, which is why Brian later broke an arm of one of my werewolves in the final Wink Ok, so aside from feeling like an ass for damaging his beautifully painted team, this was one of those games that wasn???t a ton of fun as the dice were so lopsided. I broke armor constantly and every time Zinak tried to handle the ball it would squirt loose and land near a werewolf or wight. Kent was very gracious despite his ill luck and I look forward to a more evenly rolled match.
Final Score: 4-1 (2-0 CAS)

Round Three versus CyberHare (Brian St. James) and his amazon squad, The Scarlet Mist ??? This was about as tense as a game can get. One mistake on either side could have turned this into a win for either coach. I???ve been looking forward to playing Brian for some time and was glad to see not all of his ???zons were blodgers yet. The werewolves were effective, but it was Papa Legba that sent two ???zons out of the game. Without those casualties I wouldn???t have been able to stop the flood of amazons from scoring at the end of the match. Luckily the defense held.
Final Score 1-1 (2-0 CAS)

Round Four versus Bampf (Jeremy Smith) and his elf squad, The Rivendale River Raiders ??? I was nervous all night thinking about this match. I pulled out my first foul of the tourney early and got rid of his only blitzer without being ejected, and it was really the key play that made the difference. There were so many spots where side step could have been enough to break my defense. Instead, Jeremy had to dodge and his dice were nothing but CRUEL to him. At one point he had five ones in a row. Without the luck factor I would have lost this game. I fully expect Jeremy to join the NBA after this one???The elves tied up the casualties as time expired.
Final Score: 3-2 (2-2)

Championship Match versus CyberHare (Brian St. James) and his amazon squad...again!! Scarlet Mist twice in one tourney....cruelty! I laugh at myself for thinking the first game was tense. All match long I felt like I was playing down men even though my wolves inflicted an early casualty. The blodging zons were everywhere! We both scored fairly early, but it was Brian controling play in the second half. It looked like I had managed to hold him off and we'd be headed to overtime when one of those legendary touchdowns landed in my lap. Ogun blitzed! He crushed a zon to death freeing up the ball for Damballah-Wedo. He grabbed it and ran foward GFI'ing twice for a desparate handoff. Despite having only one arm (Brian accidentally knocked one off) Bako grabbed the ball in his teeth, dodged, and charged forward spiking it into the endzone!
Final Score: 2-1 (2-0)

aka Rob (NAF #248)
Founder of the GCLU

Last edited by Melifaxis on Nov 15, 2005 - 11:35 AM; edited 2 times in total

Old_Man_MonkeyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 - 10:52 AM

Undisclosed
Well done, Daddy Robb!!! Twenty coaches is awesome and that GW store location is great - hope you guys had a great time (tho' I'm sure of it) and enjoyed the fellowship and sportsmanship...

Full marks my friend!

OMM

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 - 11:24 AM

ARRRRGGGH! Denied again! Crying or Very sad

Mel those were some hard fought games you and I played and you pulled out a pretty nice play to win that Championship game 2 to 1. Worship

If only I hadn't left the "Nuffle Sucks!" hat in the car.

Great tourney Rob. I'm looking foreward to kicking yer butt at Bruhaha III !

The tourney photo's will be up on the House Rulez website in the next day or so.

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 - 11:37 AM

United States of America
Thanks Jim Very Happy

I don't know about full marks, I can think of several things that could have gone better most of them starting with the letters A/C Wink

The fellowship was outstanding the sportsmanship was indeed top notch! A TO cant ask for more from his attendees (just for more of them of an equal caliber each year so the event can keep growing). Very Happy

aka Rob (NAF #248)
Founder of the GCLU

Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 - 11:44 AM

United States of America
I always knew that I didn't want to play The Scarlet Mist in a final. So much Blodge! Those were two of the best and most challenging games I have ever played.

I believe the quote was that I had "a horseshoe stuffed up my ass." Laughing Lady Luck was indeed quite gracious to me throughout the tournamnet in the face of some great coaches!

aka Rob (NAF #248)
Founder of the GCLU

SuMOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 - 03:04 PM

WORMLEYSBURG, PA
Someday I will come up there...
Sounds like you all had a blast!

Time and money as always is an issue.

ZinakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 - 06:50 PM

Undisclosed

HE HEH EH EHE

Thanks for the good time rob it was worth it again to come up and melt with you all for some bloodbowl. It was awsome to see lotz of new people playing maybe next year you can hit 40 coaches NNNIIICCCEEEE.....

Zinak

p.s. i have listed a few things on ebay that you might have seem hint hint the skaven feel free to check em out.....

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZzinak

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Melifaxis
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 - 07:50 PM

United States of America
I basically see two choices...add sweltering heat as the starting weather to every game or get some AC! Laughing

Outdoor tourney in december anyone?

40 would be an incredible accomplishment!

I just threw in a couple of bids and will be monitoring them with interest. If those dont pan out I think I'll be sending some work your way Very Happy

aka Rob (NAF #248)
Founder of the GCLU

SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 - 10:47 PM

Canada
I know I told you twice Rob, but again: thanks for putting up one of the most anticipated weekend of the year for me! I had GREAT time!

But let's face it: we all know this tourney is fixed! Rob plays the sissy Amazones in the final game, he has me and B uffalo-Chris play in the final game to make sure we don't have an all-Canadian podium, etc, etc.

But look at this guy...

Last year: 3rd place (NAF Rookie of the tourney)
This year: 2nd place
Next year... se the trend building here????

SmileSmileSmileSmile

Fred

ZinakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 28, 2005 - 12:54 AM

Undisclosed

Heh SBG....

Was wondering if you get a photo of the Ogre with the naf logoed guantlets your friend took as his prize in beantown. I painted and if you can believe it i didn't get a photo of it for my web site. If you could that would be great... you could email it to zinak@zinak.com. Thanks

Zinak

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
SBGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 28, 2005 - 07:38 AM

Canada
Zinak: Consider it done!

CyberHare
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 28, 2005 - 08:00 AM

Sissy Amazons?? Dems fightin' words pardner Wink Just remember that those ladies have played twice at the championship table at Bruhaha and once at the championship table at Death Bowl. Always the bridesmaid never the bride.

ZinakOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 28, 2005 - 09:12 AM

Undisclosed

Thanks SBG

Zinak

Jump to:  
All times are
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic